Should Canada Retaliate Against China

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

Go head an express your feelings towards China. Should we trade with them, or should we put economic sanctions on them?

Are you willing to give up your cheap stuff to stick it to the Chinese?

Are you in for some economic retaliation? Should Canada join the world, and bring down China's economy?

Are you willing to give up your cheap electronics and support Canadian jobs?

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
47 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'd do anything to destroy the Chinese economy.  They're our #1 enemy.

I think the world should put an ultimatum on China... Either open themselves up for elections, or we have a total boycott on their products.

Any country that trades with China won't be aloud to trade with us, or will be subject to massive tariffs.

Up it's to the Chinese to fight for their freedom. If they are too cowardly to fight for democracy, we should boycott them.

China was Stable under Hu Jintao's leadership, but it's going draconian under Xi Jinping.

27 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I think the world should put an ultimatum on China... Either open themselves up for elections, or we have a total boycott on their products.

We should make them do whatever we want.  They're trying to destroy us.  We have to be as ruthless are they are.  They're waging economic warfare on us, among other nasty things.

I'd prefer to just be nice and trade and get along with them, i though that;s what was going to happen, but they've shown their colours.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

If you don't want to buy Chinese products, don't buy Chinese products. Stop trying to control the purchasing decisions of others with government coercion, worry about yourself and stop demanding everyone does as you do, or else.

Y'all vastly overestimate Canada's bargaining position if you think Canada can force China's hand with such silly ultimatums. Either that, or you don't care how ineffective your virtue signalling is, you just want to punish China even if you have to shoot yourself in the foot to do it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Id be quite happy if stopped all trade with them. Theyre crap is filling our landfill at a never before seen rate. We cant get rid of foam packing but our government puts no demands on them to package with recyclable materials. There is no upside to dealing with them.

At the very least we should do everything we can to stop them increasing their influence in Canada. They have been busily spending millions of dollars buying politicians like Trudeau (like the whole Liberal party), using economic threats and rewards to change university curriculums and reports about China, setting up these 'confucious institutes' to indoctrinate Canadian kids, buying Canadian companies, and sponsoring various events throughout Canada. We should put an end to all of this.China is a cruel, imperial fascist state determined to expand its influence abroad by hook or by crook. We should not be meekly cooperating with that. We need a government which will stand up against this and push back against China. That certainly is not the Trudeau government, as they've been China's whores for years.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jacee said:

That's ridiculous. 

It's Alberta, right?

1 hour ago, jacee said:

This thread is all immature warmongering  nonsense.

It's a good thing women are taking control. 

The best thing about women taking charge is that it dispels the myth that they would be any better at it than men. 

Except Maggie.  She was.

3 hours ago, jacee said:

This thread is all immature warmongering  nonsense.

It's a good thing women are taking control. 

Hahaha. 

Well, I don't want to wage war against China.  But if they are waging economic warfare against us we need to stand up for ourselves and fight back.  Don't underestimate the intentions of the Chinese government, their methods are brutal and uncompromising, they have no ethics.  Be too nice to them and they will take advantage of us just like they have been doing.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We have traded with Saudi Arabia, Iran, South Africa before. 

Yes.  Just don't be naive about China Michael.  They have 1.4 billion people, and their economy is projected to soon surpass the USA in total GDP.  At some point this century they'll likely be the most powerful country in the world.  Ideally it would be good to trade with them and remain friendly.  But that's not what happened with the USSR, and China has no intentions of being nice to us, as shown through their actions already.  They'll be far more of a threat than the USSR ever was.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Hahaha. 

Well, I don't want to wage war against China.  But if they are waging economic warfare against us we need to stand up for ourselves and fight back.  Don't underestimate the intentions of the Chinese government, their methods are brutal and uncompromising, they have no ethics.  Be too nice to them and they will take advantage of us just like they have been doing.

There's that word.

Some boys, always with the fighting.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If you don't want to buy Chinese products, don't buy Chinese products.

And how do you do that when you have no alternative product made in North America?

China is not to blame.  It is the A-holes on this continent who outsourced production there.

Guest ProudConservative

If you want to stick it to China, it's very simple. Look at the tag on the clothing you want to buy. If it says made in Honduras buy it. If it say's made in China, don't buy it. If we started a "Find another source" campaign, well could help countries in Africa... instead of giving all our business to the Chinese, and since they covered up the Coronavirus, and put a lot of us out of work... I think we need to have some self-respect and stop buying everything that's made in China.

Then you start tweeting about it... I bought this shirt from Honduras instead of China. Eventually it will move up to electronics, and before you know it, China won't be able to blackmail us.

If we start with the small stuff like clothing, more businesses will agree to source from countries outside of China... and that's how you destroy their economy.

4 hours ago, cougar said:

It is the A-holes on this continent who outsourced production there.

It's the open economy that's to blame, if you want to go that far.  You could have only stopped it with crippling tariffs which would basically put Canada at a huge disadvantage in the world market both as buyer and seller.  

As much as I hate the term, "constructive engagement" is a thing that I believe will eventually bring our practices closer, culturally.  Boycotting them or trying to retaliate from a country the size of Canada does nothing.  Their human rights record is bad but not as bad as people we've been trading with since forever.  And our own companies supported dictators elsewhere too and committed crimes as well.

People need to be reminded that economics and business are subservient to humanity - they are allowed to thrive because they ultimately serve us.  When they don't we have to make them serve us, but sometimes that's not easy and takes time - Saudi being a good/bad example.

Guest ProudConservative

This is the best opportunity we have to get everyone to agree to stop buying Chinese all the time. Can we finally get some TV's and cellphones made in Canada? What would happen if China got nuked... We would be out cold from the supply shocks.

It's time we boost our domestic industries, and stop just buying from China when it's convenient.

I would like to be nicer towards China, but I'll no longer give them the benefit of the doubt, until they start having elections. They don't deserve it.

Guest ProudConservative

China is turning into a despotic rouge regime, and we're funding them out of our own complacency. Hu Jintao would of never forced the Chinese to own a personal social credit score. If you spend too much on video games, the Chinese government can restrict your travel, or stop you from going to university. Why did the Chinese become mad about micro-managing people's lives? If they tried this crap in the States, they would have a civil war.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/11/2/18057450/china-social-credit-score-spend-frivolously-video-games