Donald Trump vs Joe Biden

So Americans are American ?

Do you have to prefix "as a foreigner", before stating obvious facts ?  This is a peculiar artifact of your style.

As a man, as an MLW poster, as a biped... I reckon, I believe, I opine... that... I write statements, I breathe oxygen, the world is a world.

It's like you are stalling for time with a burglar, who is unaware that your wife is sneaking up behind him with the frying pan...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

Who is more "American"?

As a foreigner, I reckon that Trump is obviously American.

Biden is a dumb, typical American.

Nixon? American - but smart.

Kennedy? American - but shy.

Obama? American - but good voice - and who seeks foreign favour.

What is your point. Your thread started is incoherent. 

13 hours ago, August1991 said:

Who is more "American"?

As a foreigner, I reckon that Trump is obviously American.

Biden is a dumb, typical American.

They are both too old and getting progressively more senile. Trump is already retired. He  spends all day watching TV,  golfing, ranting and raving over twitter and making public appearances to get applause from dumb people.

I think they are both dumb Americans.  One is an outsider, the other a career politician.  I'm kind of surprised Biden is looking like the eventual candidate, his many gaffs rival Trump and his former boss has refused to endorse him.  Does Obama hate Biden more than Trump?  The Dem field was pretty weak this time around.  I suspect that Bloomberg would have been an effective president, but he sucks in the debate category, which basically means he looks weak on TV.  It's a sad day when looks trump anything else, but there you go.

9 minutes ago, sharkman said:

At least Americans haven't fallen for a dumb young empty suit yet.  I am surprised that the old guys are making a comeback.  Even Warren's in her 70's.

Give them time. Remember the fixation on Beto? And mayor Petey?

9 minutes ago, sharkman said:

At least Americans haven't fallen for a dumb young empty suit yet.  I am surprised that the old guys are making a comeback.  Even Warren's in her 70's.

I don't "support" Warren in any way, but she had her one shining moment when she destroyed Mike Bloomberg on national television.  For all of his billions and New York "experience", he was reduced to political rubble in about 5 minutes.  

Warren use to be a Republican, same as Bloomberg.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:22 PM, Argus said:

They are both too old and getting progressively more senile. Trump is already retired. He  spends all day watching TV,  golfing, ranting and raving over twitter and making public appearances to get applause from dumb people.

Agreed.

I reckon that, with Sanders/Trump/Biden, this is just an indication of how moribund are governments/politicians around the world.

Meanwhile, the world's States are increasingly civilized, respectful of individuals and their rights. 

Edited by August1991

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

Meanwhile, the world's States are increasingly civilized, respectful of individuals and their rights. 

I disagree. The larger the confederacy, the smaller appears the individual person. In the EU, respect for individuals' rights extends only so far as those rights comply with their pre-conceived ideal:  Standard Man

On 3/8/2020 at 7:06 AM, Rue said:

Image result for laughing imbecileImage result for trump laughing

I thought that Trump was going to go down in history as the world leader with the worst hair but the mad scientist over there kicked his ass. Gawd that's embarrassing.

Edited by WestCanMan
Sorry that was OT
  • Haha 1

Biden hasn't faced any adversity yet in this campaign cycle. He's going to fold like a cheap tent when he has to answer for all of Hunter's ill-gotten gains.

Dems couldn't touch on the topic of Hunter because if they go after Joe on that topic, they're acknowledging Trump was right when he sought to get an investigation started. 

Trump can talk about Hunetr all day. Hunter Biden's millions in gifted job appointments/business deals will sink Joe's battleship, if he even makes it to the fall. He's clearly losing his marbles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, Rue said:

Image result for laughing imbecileImage result for trump laughing

I stand by my point.

Nowadays, around the world, however crazy a head of government or head of State, an individual can live in peace, worship however, sleep with whomever, is largely free to travel abroad.

This was not true as recently as 1975.

=====

Our States are more civilized. Our governments are more crazy.

Edited by August1991

Joe Biden has wanted to be president for a very long time.   Failed twice before.   Now is his chance, but time may have passed him by.

Will it be a very good year ?

...Then I was thirty-five.... it was a very good year
It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
Of independent means, we'd ride in limousines...their chauffeurs would drive
When I was thirty-five

But now the days are short, I'm in the autumn of the year
And now I think of my life as vintage wine from fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs, and it poured sweet and clear
It was a very good year

On 3/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, OftenWrong said:

I disagree. The larger the confederacy, the smaller appears the individual person. In the EU, respect for individuals' rights extends only so far as those rights comply with their pre-conceived ideal:  Standard Man

Well, I disagree.

Compared to how previous European states respected individual rights, I reckon that the EU respects - willy, nilly - the individual.

====

IMHO, never in human history have we lived in States (China, Russia, European, India, South American) where we - individuals such as myself - have been as free to do what we do, with so little intrusion from the State.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1