Trump actions kill 63 Canadians

3 hours ago, Shady said:

Yes, lots of countries around the world have been interfered with.  But they don’t act in a similar fashion.  See central and South America as well as most African countries.  Regardless, if you keep going back in history, you’ll see that Iran has interred in the same manner many times throughout the region.  Guess what?  History doesn’t start at 1953, or even 1900!  It actually goes back hundreds and thousands of years.  Stop giving Iran a pass on killing 63 innocent people.  If you go back far enough everyone has a reason to act like an a**hole. 

Lol, in regards to the last sentence I don't go too far, I usually blame people's parents. Seriously you made the point.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's okay Shady I think I've made some sort of break thru the hopelessness and I'm coming around to realizing acting like an asshole is probably okay.  I think I might even start giving it a try.

I kinda feel like the character Machine in the movie Fury. I'm woking up.

I can still hear my heart weeping in the background but I should have that curb-stomped in no time.

If I can offer any solace, feel free to blame me. I started it with Moses and his brother Aaron. Its been nothing but problems since then because we had no gps.

Regards

Zye   Honest

54 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...and your rose coloured glasses belie America's past long before Trump.

America is the same as it ever was.

I think Kermit Roosevelt accomplished more with a suitcase full of US dollars and a large cargo aircraft than we've given him credit for.

:D

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:13 AM, Rue said:

Now we know the Iranian military has admitted they shot down the jet the only question is why had Ukrainian airlines gone back in the air knowing the risks?  What was the Ukrainian Station Manager thinking?

The commander of revolutionary thugs (aka revolutionary guards) requested closing the Iranian Air space soon after the regime attacked American bases in Iraq but it was rejected by the top leadership as he wished to limit the Americans ability to hit important targets inside Iran by allowing commercial flights to continue.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

President Trump's support for Iran nation boosts the protests.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jim-hanson-trumps-tweets-boost-iranian-protests-the-world-is-watching-president-warns-mullahs

Iran regime killed an American contractor, then killed 176 innocents on an airplane. But the really horrifying thing is they killed more than 1,500 of their own citizens over the past months for the crime of protesting against the regime.

Despite that crackdown, they are out in force protesting again, showing the bravery of the Iranian people and offering proof they are not going to accept the ongoing corruption and oppression of the mullahs. They have seen the damage these fanatics have done to the world and to their own country and they’ve had e

The protesters got a tremendous boost when President Trump sent a tweet in Farsi supporting their cause, which rapidly became the most liked tweet in Farsi in the history of Twitter.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, godzilla said:

Trumps need to change the channel from his Impeachment has now caused the death of hundreds of civilians including 63 Canadians.

ukraine plane likely shot down iran missile report

‘Absolutely insane’: Mike Lee rips Iran briefing as GOP unites behind Trump

and now Trump wants NATO to get involved?!

Trump asks for NATO help in Middle East

time to start burning some American flags here I guess!

Godzilla your thread title is complete drivel, your opening post is just propaganda-fuelled spew right from the bowels of Nancy Pelosi's hair-brain and you honestly need to learn to think for yourself before you regurgitate CNN platitudes now because that post is thoroughly pathetic. 

They've been 100% wrong about everything that they've ever said for the last 3 years now:

-All those times they said that there was new bombshell evidence, they obviously lied or there would be a lot of evidence right now - there's still ZERO

-When they said, over and over, that "people [including Manafort] were arrested on charges related Russian collusion' that was an absolute lie. Manafort was arrested for tax evasion from the '90s.

-when they said that the US economy would fall flat under Trump that was a lie,

-when they said that the US was in a recession that was a lie

-when they said that Dr Ford had to be believed that was a lie - she said she had witnesses but she didn't, she couldn't name a year or a location. She did not have to be believed,

-Sulaimani isn't a hero to Iranians, he's a hero to the terrorist supporters in Iran. The fact that tens of thousands of people showed up at his funeral is just evidence of how much of a shithole country Iran is, not evidence of his greatness. Do you think that Hitler's funeral would have been modest in 1942?

-the fact that the FBI made "17 significant errors or omissions" in the FISA warrant application process (which all erred on the side of Trump being guilty) actually WAS incontrovertible evidence of bias and only a total idiot would argue otherwise,

I could go on and on, but it would be easier for me to ask you to find one thing that CNN said about Trump from the last three years that was true. Go for it godzilla. Name one single thing...... This is an adult forum, man up. Make a case for yourself and your leaders or slink away and burn some flags. I'd love to see you try that. 

The first thing I ever said after I found out that the plane was shot down was that the Iranians were crapping bricks after they launched the missiles and they fragged the first thing that came on their radar.

Surprise, surprise, I was right.

Suleimani was responsible for the death of an American contractor, he was responsible for an attack on a US embassy, he was behind tankers being attacked and tankers being captured, he was behind an attack on a Saudi refinery, he was responsible for 1,600 dead protestors, and he crossed a line with Trump, now he's rotting in hell where he belongs. 

Instead of Trump starting an "our peons vs your peons" war of attrition, and piling up body bags, Trump killed the sonofabitch who was responsible. He cut the head off the snake in Iran, just like he did with islamic state. 

To all the people who think that peon vs peon warfare is awesome and killing Suleimani was "a terrorist attack" - grab a brain. I shouldn't have to explain to you what just happened. It's 100% obvious with the benefit of hindsight. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

This post title is a declarative statement and it is an outright lie, and such it can't be allowed to stand in this forum or Maple Leaf Web is a total farce. 

I can't emphasize this point strongly enough. Let's get this crap sorted out now. This thread is pure garbage and MLW should be ashamed for leaving this thread title up for this long. It's atrocious and utterly stupid. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The protesters got a tremendous boost when President Trump sent a tweet in Farsi supporting their cause, which rapidly became the most liked tweet in Farsi in the history of Twitter.

I would seriously question the motivation behind this Twitter thing whether it is to get more votes at home or a genuine concern for the people of Iran...

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

This post title is a declarative statement and it is an outright lie, and such it can't be allowed to stand in this forum or Maple Leaf Web is a total farce. 

I agree with you completely. It was ridiculous that Iran regime shoots down a commercial plane in its own airspace (in my view intentionally) and somehow Trump gets the blame for it. It is bad for the forum if the title for this thread is not change. The forum loses its credibility.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kactus said:

I would seriously question the motivation behind this Twitter thing whether it is to get more votes at home or a genuine concern for the people of Iran...

Obama stayed idle and did nothing when millions poured into streets and were beaten up and shot. President Trump did not wish to make that mistake many people are highly critical of. So yes partly it was to avoid criticism at home get some votes at but he also saw how the regime sent its thugs and with an order from the top leader massacre the defenseless innocent men, women and children and he is concerned this murderous regime may repeat the massacre again and this time if he hadn't issued a warning he may have got himself a blame as Obama repeatedly did.

I am not sure his concerns are for Iranian people though in my view. We will know in future. If he starts negotiating with the devil when soon the regime gets desperate and wants to talk then he is as devious as other US presidents even more for backstabbing Iran nation who rely on his support and risk their lives however, if he continues his path of opposing the regime then it may prove otherwise. Somehow regretfully I think the former scenario is more likely I am sad to say. But for now as long as he continues this path I give him the benefits.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's an opinion, likely shared by billions around the planet - that Trump started dancing a Tango in which a plane load of people were killed before the dancing stopped. As such the title is just fine the way it is.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Exactly.  Soon they’ll be blaming Jews for the holocaust.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's an opinion, likely shared by billions around the planet - that Trump started dancing a Tango in which a plane load of people were killed before the dancing stopped. As such the title is just fine the way it is.

Trump isn't responsible for incompetent Iranian authorities.  The best we can say is Trump irresponsibly escalated the tensions, he certainly didn't cause that plane to get hit with a missile fired by Iran in error.  If a man shoots up his workplace because his wife cheated on him and left him, you don't arrest the wife.  People are responsible for their own actions.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

For your edification: an example of an opinion is saying something like “I think eyeball is an idiot”. You don’t necessarily have to be correct for your opinion to be true, your opinion is your opinion. Saying “eyeball is an idiot” is a declarative statement which is either true or it’s not. 
Trump actions kill 63 Canadians” is not an opinion at all, it’s a declarative statement. It’s not supported at all by the OP. It doesn’t stand up to even loose scrutiny. 

The thread title is a farce and it’s dragging tye site down. 

21 hours ago, Marocc said:

What is an 'Islamic revolution'?

It's when a Muslim does a pirouette.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do ballet so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - not Blaise Pascal

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Opinions are fine when stated as opinions, not when they’re stated as facts. 

This thread title a farce, MLW is a total farce if that title stands. 

And FYI, that’s a declarative statement, not just an opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trump isn't responsible for incompetent Iranian authorities. 

Who said he was?

The best we can say is Trump irresponsibly escalated the tensions,

Which would be the worst thing in the opinion of billions of other people.  That's no excuse for not saying it though.

he certainly didn't cause that plane to get hit with a missile fired by Iran in error.

He's being accused of escalating tensions to the point where missile operators and such were on a hair trigger.

If a man shoots up his workplace because his wife cheated on him and left him, you don't arrest the wife. People are responsible for their own actions.

And if a President irresponsibly escalates international tensions the way Trump did people don't normally start saying...hey there goes a gun nut!

That said I bet police would go investigate if anyone knowingly gave some angry guy bent on shooting up some place the gun he used to shoot it up with.

42 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who said he was?

Which would be the worst thing in the opinion of billions of other people.  That's no excuse for not saying it though.

He's being accused of escalating tensions to the point where missile operators and such were on a hair trigger.

What Trump really did is show Iran who is boss, and he made them look like incompetent weak fools.  Trump killed a very high value government terrorist target, and in response the best Iran could do was launch missile attacks that killed nobody and then accidentally blew up a plane of their own citizens.

Iran will now think twice before trying to attack Americans in Iraq or elsewhere again.  Trump did his job, he defended the American people.  Trump knows a lot about using leverage to his advantage.  Iran doesn't have a lot of leverage compared to the US and Trump knows it.  The US doesn't have much reason to fear Iran, but Iran has a lot of reason to fear the US, which is why they want nukes in the first place.