Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?

Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Well the university professors Can't figure this one out.

More and more, Universities have nothing to do with teaching academics, and everything to do with turning into an abstract philosophical society.

It might be cool for old timers to debate world issues, but they shouldn't expect 18 years to know how to save the world.

I don't expect nor demand that the young people save anything, the young people are totally clueless because they are babies raised in a bubble.

I embrace the civil war in Canada, I will tear down Canada's corrupted institutions, scorched earth, let it burn.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

1) Then you didn't read what I was responding to: That Cherry was referring to "you people" in Toronto/Mississauga where he lives, South Asian people. 

2) The old WWII vet on TV said they haven't got enough people to sell poppies anymore. 

3) He also said the younger vets weren't interested in volunteering to sell poppies, and they're "screwed up".

4) Afghanistan has the biggest deposits of uranium known in the world. Maybe you didn't see evidence of roads being built, hydro transmission put in, trucks in and out ... none related to army business but private companies ... but other Canadian soldiers did see that. 

None of that is proof Don Cherry is unaware the Indians fought for the British.

2 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

I also heard Afghanistan as the biggest supply of Lithium in the world. Their getting ready for mass extraction.... when the electric cars begin.

Perhaps.

Bolivia also has large deposits of lithium. That's why the US just stealthily invaded it too.

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

None of that is proof Don Cherry is unaware the Indians fought for the British.

His disgusting comment is proof enough of his ignorance about the war.

If he's ever attended any large  Remembrance Day parade, he would have seen Indian people marching in British Raj uniforms. 

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

His disgusting comment is proof enough of his ignorance about the war.

If he's ever attended any large  Remembrance Day parade, he would have seen Indian people marching in British Raj uniforms. 

His comment wasn't disgusting. He never claimed the Indians didn't fight with the British, and his comments are not proof that he is ignorant about the war. You are just willing to believe the worst about Don Cherry for no good reason, hence the obvious grasping for straws you are engaging in.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, jacee said:

1) Then you didn't read what I was responding to: That Cherry was referring to "you people" in Toronto/Mississauga where he lives, South Asian people. 

2) The old WWII vet on TV said they haven't got enough people to sell poppies anymore. 

3) He also said the younger vets weren't interested in volunteering to sell poppies, and they're "screwed up".

4) Afghanistan has the biggest deposits of uranium known in the world. Maybe you didn't see evidence of roads being built, hydro transmission put in, trucks in and out ... none related to army business but private companies ... but other Canadian soldiers did see that. 

Like I said the legion is a dying institution , todays vets are not interested in the legion as it does not represent their generation not because they are screwed up...

There is zero active mining and very little exploration, if any,” says Leigh Fogelman, director at merchant bank Hannam & Partners in London. The bank’s founder, former JP Morgan rainmaker Ian Hannam, has been a long-time investor in Afghanistan through the Afghan Gold and Minerals Company (AGMC).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-minerals-idUSKCN1B102L

Lots of roads, dams,  hydro, projects going on, dozens of Canadians have died assisting with the protection of these sites... but they had squat to do with all these new mining adventures you think are going on...there are to many factions in Afghanistan, security is barely existent, without security nothing is getting done with out a huge military presence on the ground...thats and how do they get these products out of the country....

You forget that this country has been at war for over 40 years, its infra structure is almost non existent, we built highways, and all the rest of it to start commence, expanded what once was goat paths into major road ways, we paved them so they could not plant IED's, don't take my word for it goggle that shit....until the country is secure all that mineral wealth will stay in the ground....    

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Like I said the legion is a dying institution , todays vets are not interested in the legion as it does not represent their generation not because they are screwed up...  

Every time I've ever walked into a Legion, it was a bunch of civvies, in their private club, and they treated my like I was an intruder, even when I was in uniform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Cherry's style of Hockey isn't the one that's going to Grow the game in the face of Basketball and Soccer going forward. 

This is silly. Hard hits and fights were incredibly popular. MMA is already more popular than hockey.

52 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Thats reaching a bit is it not.. please provide a source that states this sentence is racially charged....other than the media, who are busting his nuts  , mean while Justin gets a free pass for black face, out right lying to Canadians ,and thousands of other things  but then again cheery did not pay them 600 mil did he...

The Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council's system broke because of all the complaints it received.https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/don-cherry-hnic-you-people-hockey-coachs-corner

This clearly wasn't just about just the Woke Brigade on Twitter. 

Justin didn't get a free pass on Black Face. He was reduced to a minority government and lost the popular vote. Too bad the CPC leader is a Bible-Thumper that doesn't Gay Rights and is hypocrite about Dual Citizenship and a liar regarding his previous employment. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

The Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council's system broke because of all the complaints it received.https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/don-cherry-hnic-you-people-hockey-coachs-corner

This clearly wasn't just about just the Woke Brigade on Twitter. 

Justin didn't get a free pass on Black Face. He was reduced to a minority government and lost the popular vote. Too bad the CPC leader is a Bible-Thumper that doesn't Gay Rights and is hypocrite about Dual Citizenship and a liar regarding his previous employment. 

The Woke Brigade is bigger than you think, but it doesn't take much to break the system.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Enforcers don't have jobs in the NHL anymore. 

MMA's popularity has come at the expense of Boxing. 

The people in charge have tried to change hockey into a skills game to gain respectability. It is but it's not, because the people in charge are greedy and have expanded the league beyond the available skill talent. That means there's like half a dozen skilled people on each team and the rest are fillers. Thus you have 'exciting' systems like the trap. Duhhh.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It does. The Woke Brigade do this all the time. Don Cherry isn't the first and he won't be the last. They are simply making Don Cherry more popular than ever though, so joke is on them.

Don Cherry will never die, but Canada is already dead.  

Die in a fire, Post National State, burn in Hell after.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

That it doesn't exist in the minds of the urban leftists who swell the ranks of the national media is certainly beyond question. But these people are not Canada. They don't even know Canada. I guarantee you there are more people upset at him being fired than taking satisfaction in it. But you won't see them represented in the national media.

You mean it's professional suicide to side with xenophobic and bigoted comments. Who would have thought? 

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

The people in charge have tried to change hockey into a skills game to gain respectability. It is but it's not, because the people in charge are greedy and have expanded the league beyond the available skill talent. That means there's like half a dozen skilled people on each team and the rest are fillers. Thus you have 'exciting' systems like the trap. Duhhh.

The current makeup of the Leafs are an indication that skill players are way more appreciated than Goons. To the point that they could use a few Goons. 

29 minutes ago, Argus said:

The people in charge have tried to change hockey into a skills game to gain respectability. It is, but it's not, because the people in charge are greedy and have expanded the league beyond the available skill talent. That means there's like half a dozen skilled people on each team and the rest are fillers. 

Grapes doing a lacrosse commentary/show . . . . .  supposedly 'Canada's game'.  Lots of my Indian brothers play tough and mean. Let the 'sensitive new-age guys' (snags) have their politically correct hockey.  Just so you know, 'snags' are standing dead trees . . . they've lost their 'cones' and are good for fk'all.  Little bit of logger jargon . . . 

Edited by Nefarious Banana

3 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Grapes doing a lacrosse commentary/show . . . . .  supposedly 'Canada's game'.  Lots of my Indian brothers play tough and mean. Let the 'sensitive new-age guys' (snags) have their politically correct hockey.  Just so you know, 'snags' are standing dead trees . . . they've lost their 'cones' and are good for fk'all.  Little bit of logger jargon . . . 

People on the right need to find their 'cones' and recognize this for what it is, a pseudo communist takeover by a cabal of Elites in their Ivory Towers.

Then revolt against them.   Burn it down.  Starting with the Ivory Towers.