Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?

Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

People on the right need to find their 'cones' and recognize this for what it is, a pseudo communist takeover by a cabal of Elites in their Ivory Towers.

Then revolt against them.   Burn it down.  Starting with the Ivory Towers.

You first. :lol:

Wahhhh Canada is getting too intolerant of racists and bigots, we need a war. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

The current makeup of the Leafs are an indication that skill players are way more appreciated than Goons. To the point that they could use a few Goons. 

You mean some sandpaper. You can have both skill and power. St. Louis showed this and Washington showed it the year before.

Cherry's type, the enforcers (by the way: he called Chris Nilan, Stu Grimson and Jim Thompson “pukes” after they spoke out about the dangers of drugs and alcohol following the deaths of Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien and Wade Belak.), can no longer survive in the NHL. There are too many players who have skill. Fillers are on their way out. 

The world is changing (just like it always has) and hockey is changing,  and that's a good thing. As much as it was refreshing seeing someone (Cherry) speaking without any filter in a land where we're hit with constant scripted dialogue, there were too many times that Cherry made cringe-worthy, outdated comments. The 85 year man's time was up a few years ago. If he wants to feed his narcissism and show off his suits, I'm sure there is a place for him in the Toronto Sun or The Rebel can create a hockey department to continue to attract the disgruntled "old stock Canadians" who whine about other people whining. 

Bring on Brian Burke and complete the step forward.

Veterans need to recognize that nobody is going to put a stop to this takeover by the far leftist cults, if not us.

We are the ones who swore to bear true and faithful allegiance, not to Confederation, to Mother Canada, the Commander-in-Chief.

I invoke my solemn oath to the British Crown, against the rule of the Woke Cancel Culture Mob and their Liberal Media Party enablers.

Edited by Dougie93

Guest PPC2019
12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau constantly denigrates construction workers or Canadians in general and that son of a bitch still has a job. There's no way Don Cherry should have been fired for what he said. 

Construction workers are the best... If you're homeless, and you get brave for a day... You can join them pick up a shovel, and they won't turn you down. Blue collar folks have bailed me out when I needed it.

If you go to any of our liberal run corporations... Like Cineplex movie theaters... They ask you to fill out a questionnaire, line 15 people up for interviews knowing they will break 14 peoples heart. Take ya to their office... look in your eye...  trip you out... and if you're not a dumb down zombie, they have no use for you.

Edited by PPC2019

Guest PPC2019
13 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

All we can do is NOT tune in on Saturday night.  The only reason I ever had the early game on, was to see Coaches Corner, now I wont bother with the late telecast either.  

Yeah... but they can't tell if you don't have your TV on.

22 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

All we can do is NOT tune in on Saturday night.  The only reason I ever had the early game on, was to see Coaches Corner, now I wont bother with the late telecast either.  

Good job Hal. And that is how it's done. You don't approve of their actions, boycott them.

The Leafs are closely tied to the military, the house that Colonel Conn Smythe built, from the fires of the First World War.

For the Orange Order.   They were the Roman Catholic St. Pats, Conn Smythe made them the Maple Leafs, to honor the Canadian Corps.

In Scots Protestant St Andrews Cross Blue & White.

The 48th Highlanders of Canada as their Honour Guard.

17 minutes ago, marcus said:

Good job Hal. And that is how it's done. You don't approve of their actions, boycott them.

Well, if we all tune in and watch HNIC, then we're being complicit, we're accepting anything they put in front of us.  The product is worse today than it was yesterday, plain and simple.

Now the 48th guys will tell you that Dileas Gu Brath means "Faithful Forever"

Which is technically true, except the Scots didn't believe in 'Forever', so 'Gu Brath' is Scots Gaelic meaning "unto Judgement Day"

And it's actually pronounced like "Dileas Gu Brah" no "th" at the end.

The 48th Highlanders are Canadian Army infantry soldiers, they're the Militia.

Colonel Conn Smythe had them open the Gardens in 1931, they've been the Toronto Maple Leafs Honour Guard ever since.

Don Cherry knows.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Like I said the legion is a dying institution , todays vets are not interested in the legion as it does not represent their generation not because they are screwed up...

There is zero active mining and very little exploration, if any,” says Leigh Fogelman, director at merchant bank Hannam & Partners in London. The bank’s founder, former JP Morgan rainmaker Ian Hannam, has been a long-time investor in Afghanistan through the Afghan Gold and Minerals Company (AGMC).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-minerals-idUSKCN1B102L

Lots of roads, dams,  hydro, projects going on, dozens of Canadians have died assisting with the protection of these sites... but they had squat to do with all these new mining adventures you think are going on...there are to many factions in Afghanistan, security is barely existent, without security nothing is getting done with out a huge military presence on the ground...thats and how do they get these products out of the country....

You forget that this country has been at war for over 40 years, its infra structure is almost non existent, we built highways, and all the rest of it to start commence, expanded what once was goat paths into major road ways, we paved them so they could not plant IED's, don't take my word for it goggle that shit....until the country is secure all that mineral wealth will stay in the ground....    

That's what they want you to believe, soldier, but it ain't the truth.