Minority 2019

jacee

2 hours ago, jacee said:

Oil workers and small business owners dependent on the oil industry are legitimately scared for their future. Who wouldn't be in their shoes? The inevitable wind-down of fossil fuel industries is now staring them right in the face within a very few years, and the oil industry bosses are not telling them the truth.

None of the oil companies have planned transitions for oil workers to new industries. They'll just keep using their labour and lying to them until the moment they shut down, while telling the oil workers it's somebody else's fault they're being laid off. 

The oil workers' concerns are understandable. That's legitimate activism, though perhaps better directed at the lying oil bosses than the Climate Strike.

What isn't legitimate is predatory far-right white nationalists trying to co-opt the oil workers' protests to camouflage and promote their racist, misogynist, homophobic agenda of hatred. 

What also isn't legitimate is politicians trying to divide people, set us against each other, to further their own careers, their own power. That's why I feel strongly that we need a minority government to keep their power in check, to seek collaboration rather than conflict. 

You ain't getting rid of oil anytime soon Cantifa. The environmentalists certainly aren't going to shut them down, Cantifa will get shut down long before you even get close to shutting down the oil industry. What you call predatory far-right is everyone you disagree with, and you are trying to make legitimate protests seem filled with "the predatory far-right" so you can justify the actions of a criminal terrorist organization that you support, because they blow sunshine up your ass about fighting the powers that be giving you the moral high ground.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

WOW, can you feel the difference , we changed one word in our national anthem and POOF we are already more powerful for it.... do you feel empowered Jacee, in todays world where there is so much on our plates that truly need out attention ,  Liberals had to pick this as one of there issues to tackle.... what a crock of shit, it was a "squirrel" moment for the country, meant to distract you while the liberal government was not doing anything of any importance... still feel empowered , or a little embarrassed for not seeing it coming....

This really weakened and emasculated you didn't it?  If the Liberals threw this out as a distractant it's because they knew there were a bunch of right-wing snowflakes just itching to be triggered by it.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This really weakened and emasculated you didn't it?  If the Liberals threw this out as a distractant it's because they knew there were a bunch of right-wing snowflakes just itching to be triggered by it.

Mocking something isn’t being triggered.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacee said:

I guess I missed that news. Can you link? 

Protest and counter-protest is pretty much the norm these days. Oil workers and small business owners dependent on the oil industry are legitimately scared for their future. Who wouldn't be in their shoes? The inevitable wind-down of fossil fuel industries is now staring them right in the face within a very few years, and the oil industry bosses are not telling them the truth.

None of the oil companies have planned transitions for oil workers to new industries. They'll just keep using their labour and lying to them until the moment they shut down, while telling the oil workers it's somebody else's fault they're being laid off. 

The oil workers' concerns are understandable. That's legitimate activism, though perhaps better directed at the lying oil bosses than the Climate Strike.

What isn't legitimate is predatory far-right white nationalists trying to co-opt the oil workers' protests to camouflage and promote their racist, misogynist, homophobic agenda of hatred. 

What also isn't legitimate is politicians trying to divide people, set us against each other, to further their own careers, their own power. That's why I feel strongly that we need a minority government to keep their power in check, to seek collaboration rather than conflict. 

The paranoid ramblings of a crazy old bat who associates herself with violent criminal terrorist organizations.

I feel strongly that the FBI should probably be keeping you under surveillance.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Are you kidding me, I feel like empowered, a new man or in your case a new women.... ….. where the most important issue in this country was changing one word in our national anthem…. good job on the left to correct this huge injustice right and when we are not doing that we are saying sorry to all those mistakes we did in the past, ....and all those other issues you know like balanced budgets, campaign promises, Veterans health benefits, pipe lines,  things that will fix themselves….

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am declaring the Liberals will win a majority.

Not going to happen, I think the cons will win a minority, and then a vote of non confidence will have them tossed, leaving Justin and the mad NDP to govern, there will be parting in the streets, and then once we get the bill for both parties to bring in there own platforms and promises  , we'll be screwed for many years after.....my question is , if the majority of Canadians are good with piling up the debt, why are we not spending it on things we need or have been putting off....instead of all this garbage of trying to buy votes...we'll give you 10 % off your cell phone bill...then those words of Scheer will ring out ….How are they going to pay for all those promises ? ..... anyone ? any guesses ? 

To lower the cost, the Liberals say they would open up the market to more competition and work with cell companies to offer plans that more closely mirror global prices. They would also implement an unlimited family plan. More rules could kick in after two years if the prices don't decrease enough.

They should do something about that and car insurance imo. 

43 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

To lower the cost, the Liberals say they would open up the market to more competition and work with cell companies to offer plans that more closely mirror global prices. They would also implement an unlimited family plan. More rules could kick in after two years if the prices don't decrease enough.

They should do something about that and car insurance imo. 

Do you really think this cell phone issue is one of the top 10 issues for Canadians, no..... i'll going to go out on a limb lets try top 50 issues no...or is it just some candy to get your vote....

How much do you think it is going to cost to have both liberal and NDP platforms brought into reality....and would it be worth it , just so we don't have them dirty conservatives at the helm...

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do you really think this cell phone issue is one of the top 10 issues for Canadians, no..... i'll going to go out on a limb lets try top 50 issues no...or is it just some candy to get your vote....

How much do you think it is going to cost to have both liberal and NDP platforms brought into reality....and would it be worth it , just so we don't have them dirty conservatives at the helm...

Well personally I'm with freedom mobile so I pay less than most, but rogers and bell are way too expensive.  Compared to what people pay in the u.s. its highway robbery. 

Not the biggest debate issue of my concern for the election, but it is a good thing to see.  

Next have them do car insurance.  :mellow:

9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Well personally I'm with freedom mobile so I pay less than most, but rogers and bell are way too expensive.  Compared to what people pay in the u.s. its highway robbery. 

Not the biggest debate issue of my concern for the election, but it is a good thing to see.  

Everything is more expensive in Canada, there's nothing the federal government is going to do about it.

Canada is the size of one US state, there are all sorts of protectionist policies to prop up Canadian companies.

The expectation that you're going to have American style competition in Canada is unrealistic. it's just not going to happen.

If you want cheaper prices, move to America. 

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

So other than what is in it for you, because that seems to be this election flavor......what other policies would rank on your priority list... 

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

No matter which party you vote for, you are voting Canada deeper into its grave. 

The entire political class is bankrupt, all they are doing is pitting Canadians against one another.

This is what the death throes look like, people voting for cheaper phone bills as Rome burns. 

Or in this case Ottawa. To that I say, Burn Baby Burn, Burn This Mother Down.

Vive le Quebec libre! The Bloc is back in town.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, Accelerationism ftw.

The thing is about Canada, Canada cannot survive American style politics.

Canada is not America, America is built to take the pounding, Canada is not, Canada is too unstable to be Americanized.

Gooood. Palpatine Knows.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Trudeau is doing something no Liberal would ever have done in the past.

Appealing to the Quebec Nationalists to pit them against Alberta.

PET is rolling in his grave. 

This is uncharted waters.

Bye Canada. Confederation delenda est. Vive le Quebec libre!

Trudeau will hang himself, and Canada along with him.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Bye Canada. Confederation delenda est. Vive le Quebec libre!

Trudeau will hang himself, and Canada along with him.

I've never been so optimistic about the end of Confederation, this generation of politicians really do seem blinded to it, the recklessness is breathtaking.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Justin Trudeau is not just the worst Prime Minister in Canadian history, he's the worst by orders of magnitude.

I've never seen anything like it.   The amount of destruction he has wrought, in just four years, it's mind blowing.

The funniest part is he's going to get re-elected despite that being the case. Thanks Scheer, Bye Canada.

Edited by Yzermandius19