The road to 2020

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Iran is actually quite a bit crazier than Pakistan. The Pakistanis are monsters within their own border, and love to be a training/staging ground for terrorists, but they aren't stupid enough to threaten the US constantly and they stay out of the Israel debate because they were created at the same time and have a track record for crimes against humanity that makes Israel look like darlings.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that I said North Korea wasn't being taken seriously. It's to late to do a pre-emptive attack on NoKo. They already crossed that finish line before Trump was in power. 

Iran, on the other hand, is still in the wannabe stage and has already crossed a serious line with the US when they captured a US Navy vessel and held the sailors hostage (while Obama was twiddling his thumbs). Then they threatened to attack another US ship in the Persian Gulf when Trump was Prez. An aircraft carrier iirc. That's in addition to a multitude of other threats that they constantly make. The Saudis already hate Iran and have been forming a coalition of countries opposed to Iran. It might be possible to goad Iran into making a mistake that gives the US good reason to go in, while other ME nations either help of cheer for them. 

But wouldn't a preemptive strike against Iran simply delay their breakout by a few years at most?

Once you strike them, guaranteed they go for the nuclear breakout then, or are you suggesting Iran be totally annihilated right down to the wood?

On 6/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, Dougie93 said:

But wouldn't a preemptive strike against Iran simply delay their breakout by a few years at most?

Once you strike them, guaranteed they go for the nuclear breakout then, or are you suggesting Iran be totally annihilated right down to the wood?

The longer they are set back, the better for them. 

45 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The longer they are set back, the better for them. 

History says otherwise, any country which has broken out with two stage fission fusion has gained an unassailable deterrent short of total war, and the fact is nobody in the West is prepared to fight a total war, so I would break out if I were them.

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I guess this thread can be closed since the topic has been derailed somewhat.   Well.. I tried. 

Back to your original topic, don't you find it incredibly pathetic that out of a whole country full of Democrats there aren't 3 people who you would consider really good candidates?

Obama would be a shoo-in for the nomination and yet we all know that the middle east turned into a genocial shithole under his watch, and America was fast becoming a racially divided hellhole until Trump got into office.

Maybe Dem voters should see the writing on the wall. Their party sucks.

The Case for Joe Biden crushing his primary opponents and become POTUS 46

Primary
Veeps do extremely well in primary's, almost unstoppable.
Globalists are all in on Biden, he will be flush with cash.
Media is all in on Biden, he will get primo coverage, and coverup of creepy episodes with 10 yr old girls
BHO is the boss of the DNC, he will see that Biden rises to the top. Biden and BHO have dead hookers in the crawl space and Creepy Joe is the best chance to divert the cadaver dogs.
When it gets to the debates, Biden will crush his opponents. None of them are experienced at debating like Joe. They won't stand a chance.

General Election
Biden will pick a woman of color to throw some shade on his white privilege, bringing the barbarians to heel
No one gets in line like Dems. All the candidates will get in line behind Joe or be destroyed by their own.
As other candidates drop out, several of them in key states will run for Senate and house flush with POTUS campaign cash. This will allow them to leverage votes to win their races, pulling Dem voters along to vote for Joe.
The Dems will utilize a well organized ground game, aka ballot box stuffing, dead people voting, illegals at the polls to win the popular vote regardless of what Red States do.
A series of states have changed law to send their electoral college votes to the popular vote winner.
Joe may only win 10 states, but it will be enough, he will be POTUS 46 with a majority in the House and Senate.

• 3 weeks later...

So there were some debates last night, and I only watched a couple clips.   Not sure why we did not see Biden, Sanders up on that stage, but the Democrats clearly want to throw Warren into the Whitehouse (typically with debates they throw the one they want in the middle of them all).

It was interesting to see Gabbard end Tim Ryan's presidential run with telling him it was Al-Queda that attacked the USA on 9/11, not the Taliban.

Warren did have a lot of energy on stage.   But today,  Through a lot of the media,  Gabbard is just not getting the coverage.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

So there were some debates last night, and I only watched a couple clips.   Not sure why we did not see Biden, Sanders up on that stage, but the Democrats clearly want to throw Warren into the Whitehouse (typically with debates they throw the one they want in the middle of them all).

It was interesting to see Gabbard end Tim Ryan's presidential run with telling him it was Al-Queda that attacked the USA on 9/11, not the Taliban.

Warren did have a lot of energy on stage.   But today,  Through a lot of the media,  Gabbard is just not getting the coverage.

Yep, you can tell who the media and the Democrats candidate of choice is. They barely gave the others any time.  Biden, Sanders etc will be in the next debate.

4 hours ago, Shady said:

Yep, you can tell who the media and the Democrats candidate of choice is. They barely gave the others any time.  Biden, Sanders etc will be in the next debate.

ya, all last night canndidates were wannabees (more like a VP audition). Tonight, unlike last night, I believe Biden, Sanders and Harris will mention Trump at least few times.

Edited by egghead
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Shady said:

Tha's kind of my side task today is to watch some of the second round. I am hoping Sanders can keep his energy levels up as he seems really fired up right now.  My hope would be a Sanders / Gabbard  combo. I like Warren, but something about here I cannot trust, I just don't know what it is yet.  And we don't need Biden in the White House again. That would definitely mean more war.

14 hours ago, egghead said:

ya, all last night canndidates were wannabees (more like a VP audition). Tonight, unlike last night, I believe Biden, Sanders and Harris will mention Trump at least few times.

As they should. We can look back and see how much Trump called out Obama during the 2016 elections.

As they should. We can look back and see how much Trump called out Obama during the 2016 elections.

Don't know that; however, what is the pt? He was not trying to unsit Obama :wacko:. Anyway, they should have Oprah, Dr.phil and Springer as moderators last night instead.

Tha's kind of my side task today is to watch some of the second round. I am hoping Sanders can keep his energy levels up as he seems really fired up right now.  My hope would be a Sanders / Gabbard  combo. I like Warren, but something about here I cannot trust, I just don't know what it is yet.  And we don't need Biden in the White House again. That would definitely mean more war.

please no sanders, Sanders was an useful idiot, and now he is just an idiot. Acutally, if Sanders wins the nomination, Dem may win the White House. God help us all :(

On 6/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, egghead said:

Don't know that; however, what is the pt? He was not trying to unsit Obama :wacko:. Anyway, they should have Oprah, Dr.phil and Springer as moderators last night instead.

Yeah that would have maybe been slightly better than the current batch of clowns acting as moderators.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, egghead said:

please no sanders, Sanders was an useful idiot, and now he is just an idiot. Acutally, if Sanders wins the nomination, Dem may win the White House. God help us all :(

How is Sanders a useful idiot? His stances and policies have been the the same for decades. He's consistent and won't budge on certain issues. I like a person who takes a stance (against the Iraq War) and keeps it, he does not wave off of it. Same with health care. Most of these others will change their stances with some kind of influence via money and be simply bought by it. Zero integrity.  Sanders has integrity and that is his best quality.

• Like 1

Don't the democrats really have any better candidates than Kamala, Pocahontas or Biden or are they saving their best guns for 2024?

Is Biden really topping the polls? The guy who has a strange fetish of sniffing females' including little girls' hair. It seems he just can't help himself as no doubt he has been told by his advisors not to do that because it makes him appear absolutely creepy.

20 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Don't the democrats really have any better candidates than Kamala, Pocahontas or Biden or are they saving their best guns for 2024?

Is Biden really topping the polls? The guy who has a strange fetish of sniffing females' including little girls' hair. It seems he just can't help himself as no doubt he has been told by his advisors not to do that because it makes him appear absolutely creepy.

The better candidates in my view are Sanders, Gabbard, the rest , Harris is merely trying to score points with her black status, Biden is a creep and you can easily tell who will not be in the second round.  Like Tim Ryan, Kolbochar, Beto O'Rourke,  ,, that's my prediction anyways.

It is often so that when the incumbent president is more than likely to be re-elected the other main-party gives the nomination to someone who has served the party well but has no hope of winning. Like McGovern, Mondale or Dole. 

Apart from being creepy Biden is also old as hell.

7 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Apart from being creepy Biden is also old as hell.

Sleepy Joe has already started to fade because of his poor debate performance and disconnect with younger/leftist voters.   He has done this before, having failed in previous presidential bids when there was no Trump to hate.   President Obama only tolerated Biden's liabilities.

An American presidential election is a grueling process for any serious candidate, and a strong dress rehearsal for how they would cope with the stress of being president.   It means money, power, alliances, enemies, and blood sport in the media.   Trump is a formidable opponent, made stronger with incumbency and experience gained from defeating the presumed winner in 2016 (Hillary Clinton).

The losers get to write books with excuses for why they failed.

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sleepy Joe has already started to fade because of his poor debate performance and disconnect with younger/leftist voters.   He has done this before, having failed in previous presidential bids when there was no Trump to hate.   President Obama only tolerated Biden's liabilities.

An American presidential election is a grueling process for any serious candidate, and a strong dress rehearsal for how they would cope with the stress of being president.   It means money, power, alliances, enemies, and blood sport in the media.   Trump is a formidable opponent, made stronger with incumbency and experience gained from defeating the presumed winner in 2016 (Hillary Clinton).

The losers get to write books with excuses for why they failed.

Biden seems like a sensible and decent person. Trump does not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Biden seems like a sensible and decent person. Trump does not. 

Doesn't matter...you seemingly don't understand this very American game.   

Sleepy Joe cannot forge support the way Trump has, for several personal and political reasons.

Trump could certainly lose in 2020, but he could also win...again.   Biden is not the person to take down Trump.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:07 PM, GostHacked said:

Yeah that would have maybe been slightly better than the current batch of clowns acting as moderators.

How is Sanders a useful idiot? His stances and policies have been the the same for decades. He's consistent and won't budge on certain issues. I like a person who takes a stance (against the Iraq War) and keeps it, he does not wave off of it. Same with health care. Most of these others will change their stances with some kind of influence via money and be simply bought by it. Zero integrity.  Sanders has integrity and that is his best quality.

The problem with Sanders is that he's an economic illiterate.  He thinks that free health care is a right for some reason, and vowed to provide health care to everyone including everyone in the country illegally.

21 minutes ago, Shady said:

The problem with Sanders is that he's an economic illiterate.  He thinks that free health care is a right for some reason, and vowed to provide health care to everyone including everyone in the country illegally.

Kind of like how we do that in Canada? Tell me why the USA is one of the only modern westernized nations that does not have a form of national healthcare ?  And our healthcare is not free, it is paid via our taxes. And that would be the same in the USA. By all measurement the USA would actually save a lot of money.

Billions can be made available for bombing another nation,  but when it comes to health care and education in the USA? The nation has it's priorities backwards.

How do you know that an incumbent president is going to lose the election? At least by that he is challenged for primaries within his own party. That happened in 1976 against Ford by Reagan, in 1980 against Carter by Ted Kennedy and in 1992 against Bush snr by Pat Robertson.

24 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

How do you know that an incumbent president is going to lose the election? At least by that he is challenged for primaries within his own party. That happened in 1976 against Ford by Reagan, in 1980 against Carter by Ted Kennedy and in 1992 against Bush snr by Pat Robertson.

Any decent candidate would beat Trump. The question is whether the Democrats are interested in putting up such a candidate as compared to desperate virtue signalling and identity politics. All of them having to hold up their hands to promise health care to illegal immigrants in the last debate, for example, did not endear them to many people who are actually allowed to vote. I don't see anyone of any gravitas in the Democratic campaign at the moment, apart from Biden.