The Barrack H Obama Legacy

I'll remember him as a huge disappointment. Obama promised so much, did so little. All talk, no action. When he acted, he did stupidly, cowardly and not in the interest of the USA. He lied on so many things, he destabilized Libya which led to the migrant crisis at Lampedusa and throughout Europe, he failed when it came about Irak, his deals with Iran were outrageously one-sided for the Iranians, Russia invaded Crimea without any retaliation, North Korea kept doing their circus without intervention.

A huge failure, the economic recovery was very weak, just as soft was Barack Obama. A war criminal with that, he knowingly and willingly killed civilians who had nothing to do with terrorism just to get maybe one or two unconfirmed terrorists in many cases of drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan. 

One of the problems with realizing a lasting President Obama legacy is the fact that he continued many of President Bush's domestic and foreign policies, from education to tax cuts to military engagements / counter-terrorism.    Obama stayed in bed with Wall Street as well.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/despite-vast-difference-in-ideology-obama-keeps-many-bush-administration-policies/

President Obama played it safe in the middle, rejecting many of the hard core leftists in his party.    This also why Joe Biden will have a rough road securing the 2020 nomination.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

One of the problems with realizing a lasting President Obama legacy is the fact that he continued many of President Bush's domestic and foreign policies, from education to tax cuts to military engagements / counter-terrorism.    Obama stayed in bed with Wall Street as well.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/despite-vast-difference-in-ideology-obama-keeps-many-bush-administration-policies/

President Obama played it safe in the middle, rejecting many of the hard core leftists in his party.    This also why Joe Biden will have a rough road securing the 2020 nomination.

The only thing rough about Joe Biden's road to the nomination is the potential for self inflicted wounds, it's his nomination to lose, because the field is so weak.

The far-left ain't that mad at Obama, but they are mad at Republicans for obstructing Obama, and they ignore his Bush like qualities, even when they screeched about them under Bush endlessly, because they are partisan hacks who look the other way when their guy does it.

If they could, they'd vote for Obama again, in a heartbeat, especially against Donald Trump.

Edited by Yzermandius19

23 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I'll remember him as a huge disappointment. Obama promised so much, did so little. All talk, no action. When he acted, he did stupidly, cowardly and not in the interest of the USA. He lied on so many things, he destabilized Libya which led to the migrant crisis at Lampedusa and throughout Europe, he failed when it came about Irak, his deals with Iran were outrageously one-sided for the Iranians, Russia invaded Crimea without any retaliation, North Korea kept doing their circus without intervention.

A huge failure, the economic recovery was very weak, just as soft was Barack Obama. A war criminal with that, he knowingly and willingly killed civilians who had nothing to do with terrorism just to get maybe one or two unconfirmed terrorists in many cases of drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan. 

Good Post.

Libya was ridiculous, caused bad second and third order affects. 

13 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I'm very interested to see how Biden deals with the Obama legacy during the campaign.  Particularly when it comes to foreign policy.  

IMO, BHO will first and foremost be known as the first Black POTUS, even though he is half white.  For that reason historians will be very kind to him for the next 50 years.  Afther that.  He will be remembered as one of a series of mediocre presidents who struggled to effectively deal with the middle east and he will be known for his illegal spying on Americans.

He will likely come out as gay and/or bi-sexual at some point too.  

On 5/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, Carlus Magnus said:

What will be Obama's Legacy ?  How will he be remembered, a historic POTUS? Great, Transitional, run of the mill or a failure ?

A failure in my book.  He ramped up drone killings, failed to close Guantanamo and increased the government's ability to spy on its citizens.

Like Trudeau I really don't know what it is that right-wingers have against Obama.  I guess you just can't be right-wing enough these days to satisfy any conservative voter.

About the only Obama policy still around is Obamacare.  If that get's repealed there's not really a domestic legacy policy one could point to and say, that right there is a good contribution to America.  Foreign Policy wise is not too good.  A Poorly managed withdrawl from Iraq, plus destruction of Libya and Obama admin arms smuggling into Syria led to ISIS.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, Carlus Magnus said:

What will be Obama's Legacy ?  How will he be remembered, a historic POTUS? Great, Transitional, run of the mill or a failure ?

On the bright side he'll be remembered for stopping the downward spiral of the economy in '08.

Dems and Republicans alike will remember him droning on with his endless speeches, and for pregnant pauses that put William Shatner to shame.

On the downside he will be remembered for inciting and stoking racial division.

"I went down to my..... kitchen and I...... got a BAGEL. Out of the... refrigerator. [Pause for DRAMATIC effect]. I applied a generous. Layer. Of butter. Then I went for the, oh yeah you guessed it........ creamcheese. [pause for SUPER dramatic effect] I layered that on like a, kidinacandystore, and, then I stared at the, wonder, that was, before my eyes. And it brought me back to a, more peaceful, happier time in my life, when. I first came to America. [reflective pause] from Indonesia. [DramaPuase 3 - you can never have too many pauses for dramatic effect, it just gets better every time] It signified an end to the days of, hearing the call to prayer, and a. New beginning......... Then I, ate the. Bagel. It was. Satisfying, but not, overly tasty.

Hey wake up evereybody! I'm about to talk about my glass of milk!"

I'd be sitting there thinking: "Just eat the god-damned bagel already Barack. Are you sending in another drone strike or what? It's been two days already."

59 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

On the bright side he'll be remembered for stopping the downward spiral of the economy in '08.

President Obama doesn't get credit for all of that either, as the TARP (asset relief) program was developed and signed into law during the Bush administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Asset_Relief_Program

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Obama doesn't get credit for all of that either, as the TARP (asset relief) program was developed and signed into law during the Bush administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Asset_Relief_Program

Agreed. I mentioned that in another post here recently. 

I would also hazard a guess though, that having a fresh face in the oval office was beneficial at the time. The downward-trending economy had momentum, just like the racial division, cop-killing and rioting of 2016 weren't showing any signs of letting up either. If Obama could have served a third time there would be no combustibles left in Baltimore and several other cities.

Even after Trump came in the festival-like attitude of social justice marches was still going strong. The woman's march was big, iirc there was an anti-Trump march in NY where he lived, there was a riot at Berkeley and fires were lit, etc. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, eyeball said:

A failure in my book.  He ramped up drone killings, failed to close Guantanamo and increased the government's ability to spy on its citizens.

Like Trudeau I really don't know what it is that right-wingers have against Obama.  I guess you just can't be right-wing enough these days to satisfy any conservative voter.

I think he was an underachiever and has no legacy. I don't see why you would call what he did right wing. He did everything he did precisely because he did what many progressive leftists like him do and BELIEVE IN. 

He was a CIA prop. They thought they would create and use this guy to seduce and control the Islamic world via his Muslim Brotherhood network and it was an epic fail. All it did was empower terrorists, Russia and China and destroy any remaining world leadership reputation the US had.

He was a total and absolute incompetent disaster with foreign policy. In regards to domestic policy he changed nothing and leaves nothing for anyone.

He certainly was a gifted speaker and highly intelligent and articulate and likeable but those are not lasting legacies. He has nothing concrete to show for his 8 years in office.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, Carlus Magnus said:

I'm very interested to see how Biden deals with the Obama legacy during the campaign.  Particularly when it comes to foreign policy.  

Given what Trump has done in foreign policy terms that's not gonna be a problem.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, WestCanMan said:

Trump has at least been strong. I will be hard for the next Potus to match his perceived strength internationally.

Strong? He flips with the winds. He was gonna be strong on the Saudis until they gave him a medal, then he got down on all fours so the king could pat his balding head and scratch him behind the ears. He sure wasn't tough for his true love, North Korea's little dictator. He's not tough on Putin, that's for sure. Nor on Turkey nor on the Philippines. Who is he tough on, exactly? Canada and Mexico? 

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Strong? He flips with the winds. He was gonna be strong on the Saudis until they gave him a medal, then he got down on all fours so the king could pat his balding head and scratch him behind the ears. He sure wasn't tough for his true love, North Korea's little dictator. He's not tough on Putin, that's for sure. Nor on Turkey nor on the Philippines. Who is he tough on, exactly? Canada and Mexico? 

How strong was he compared to Barack "here's a whole airplane full of Billion$" Obama. His other aliases include "Please don't murder our sailors", "I love riots, looting and cop-killing", "My red lines don't mean squat", "We can't really be expected to protect that embassy", etc.

Trump bombed Assad for being a douche, and when Assad and Putin's mighty Russia threatened a massive backlash for future silliness, Trump gave them another butt-full of missiles. Trump actually fought and killed of Islamic State terrorists en masse. How long did Obama say it would take to pry that "Jr Varisty terrorist squad" loose?

LMAO, Trump is Winston Churchill, Obama was General Custer.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

How strong was he compared to Barack "here's a whole airplane full of Billion$" Obama.

Obama was largely useless in foreign policy terms, too. So you're saying Trump is also useless?

Trump bombed Assad for being a douche, and when Assad and Putin's mighty Russia threatened a massive backlash for future silliness, Trump gave them another butt-full of missiles.

Uh huh. And yet, Assad is now firmly in charge, with Russia backing him. Nice job!

Trump actually fought and killed of Islamic State terrorists en masse.

Trump didn't do shit. Trump just slurped his coke, watched TV and made rude tweets about actors and politicians while the war went on to its inevitable conclusion, as the Russians and Iranians helped Syria clean up all the opposing groups.