The Barrack H Obama Legacy

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

My understanding is that coverage was expanded at the bottom end for tens of thousands of uninsured.  I wonder if single payer would fly down there.  

Clearly not, and Obama understood this despite strong criticism from the "progressives" in his own party.   The bottom end was already insured by federal and state programs.  The ACA (Obamacare) addressed other issues like pre-existing conditions and students, while removing choices/access for privately insured individuals, and added a new layer of taxes and penalties, corporate mandates to provide insurance, etc.

• 3 years later...
On 5/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, WestCanMan said:

Final score Trump 3 full points, Syria zero, Russia zeeee-roooo. Remember Trump was a noob politician who suddenly became POTUS going up against a well-seasoned Russian leader. Putin manipulated his way up through the ranks of the KGB to take over the country, and was then able to seize power in a very meaningful way. He took over Crimea and laughed at the world. Obama just kept navel-gazing the whole time. Then Putin came up against Trump and got pancaked.

No no Putins invasion of Crimea  was  somehow just defending himself against Obama/NATO aggression and imminent bioweapons attack, which Trump put a stop to right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

No no Putins invasion of Crimea  was  somehow just defending himself against Obama/NATO aggression and imminent bioweapons attack, which Trump put a stop to right?

That's probably the smartest thing you ever said, despite still falling well short of understanding something that I said over 3 years ago, back when we were still blissfully unaware biolabs and while we ignored the seriousness of the provocation by Obama.

Putin's 'annexation', or whatever you wanna call it, was far more justified than it was an open act of aggression. I stand corrected on that point, but not by you, just by my own realization some time ago.

As far as having to reconsider my old opinions goes, I'm pretty comfortable with my margin of error from back then.

Are you happy with the way the world is going right now? Is this the "darkness before the dawn", and the world really needed to go through this tough time to come out the better for it on the other end? Is it worth the risk of nuclear war? Or chemical war? Or biological war? And all the hunger and energy shortages? 

Can you explain how you feel about the fertilizer shortages and the food shortages and the energy shortages and the risk of nuclear war Beave?

One day soon there will be a book called "How did we go from "US energy independence" to "biting the Saudi pillow" so fast?" and Biden will be on the cover. 

This **** really is bananas, but not in a good way, or a comical way, but in a really sad, desperate way. 

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's probably the smartest thing you ever said, despite still falling well short of understanding something that I said over 3 years ago, back when we were still blissfully unaware biolabs and while we ignored the seriousness of the provocation by Obama.

Putin's 'annexation', or whatever you wanna call it, was far more justified than it was an open act of aggression. I stand corrected on that point, but not by you, just by my own realization some time ago.

As far as having to reconsider my old opinions goes, I'm pretty comfortable with my margin of error from back then.

Are you happy with the way the world is going right now? Is this the "darkness before the dawn", and the world really needed to go through this tough time to come out the better for it on the other end? Is it worth the risk of nuclear war? Or chemical war? Or biological war? And all the hunger and energy shortages? 

Can you explain how you feel about the fertilizer shortages and the food shortages and the energy shortages and the risk of nuclear war Beave?

One day soon there will be a book called "How did we go from "US energy independence" to "biting the Saudi pillow" so fast?" and Biden will be on the cover. 

This **** really is bananas, but not in a good way, or a comical way, but in a really sad, desperate way. 

Don’t worry dude, there’s no fertilizer shortage so long  as you keep posting your biolab lies and Kremlin propaganda to excuse Putin’s unjustifiable war of aggression. 

And I guess so long as you’re willing to eat it up you won’t have to worry about a food shortage either. 

Edited by BeaverFever

18 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Don’t worry dude, there’s no fertilizer shortage so long  as you keep posting your biolab lies and Kremlin propaganda to excuse Putin’s unjustifiable war of aggression. 

https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/fertilizer-prices-expected-remain-higher-longer

And I guess so long as you’re willing to eat it up you won’t have to worry about a food shortage either. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_food_crises

Oh, would you look at that.

When you look on the wiki page, where they talk about food shortages, the fertilizer price graph is right there on the side.

Go give those websites a piece of your mind Beave. They should NOT be peddling Russian propaganda.