Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould

Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

Yeah, who would want a lawyer, judge and Minister of Justice who would uphold the law?

She should work for the CRTC, safely weaving expensive red tape, contained as an apparatchik within a bureaucracy.  She should not be handling work of such economic consequence.  It’s like putting a Prohibitionist in charge of a bar.  Bad for business.  We keep hearing rule of law rhetoric, but lawyers know that legislation can be interpreted in different ways. JWR’s insinuations of undo pressure ring hollow to me because, so what?  She herself said no laws were broken.  She dug in her heels to make a point about her authority without accepting that there would be serious political fretting for good reason.  Only when she was reassigned to another Cabinet post did she make an issue about “inappropriate” pressure.  

So no, I don’t buy the popular narrative about her virtue and I’m more sympathetic with PMO for trying to assert genuine wider concerns.  If she is so certain of her refusal to intervene for a DPA, why didn’t she explain her rationale?  Bottom line: Her own testimony says that no laws were broken, yet she has done irreparable damage to her party and its leader.  It has undermined the government and taken attention away from important policy work.  And yes, Trudeau and the Libs have to go.  This fiasco is the corollary of Trudeau’s naivety.  

The Conservatives pretend to be disgusted by the mistreatment of JWR, but their party wouldn’t empower her to the same degree as the Liberals.  Harper had no time for public inquiries or Reconciliation because he knew that these were wedges that would bring more opposition and expense.  It’s like reopening the constitution.  One could argue that Trudeau has tried to take a noble stance on gender equity and Indigenous affairs. One could also say, look what it got him.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, Rue said:

People would fight to line up to work in a law firm with JWR. I know you don't understand why. If you find what Trudeau did ethical and acceptable I would suggest you take a smell test before you assume too many people will want to work with you. Lol.

I well understand why many native lawyers would line up to work with Wilson-Raybould.  Plenty of billing hours working on land claims. 

Since we still don't know exactly what trudeau did or didn't do, I'll reserve my comments until or if a public inquiry is called. 

Let's see some factual documented evidence that supports what witnesses have been saying. No need for more oral testimony that can't be backed up with facts. 

I like Ray-Bold, and there aren't many people on that side of the aisle in Canada and the US that I can say that about.

Her honesty is astounding for a member of the Liberal party. I can't imagine her fitting in there very long. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see her cross the floor.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, WestCanMan said:

I like Ray-Bold, and there aren't many people on that side of the aisle in Canada and the US that I can say that about.

Her honesty is astounding for a member of the Liberal party. I can't imagine her fitting in there very long. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see her cross the floor.

Cross the floor to where, WestCanMan?  Do you really think any party would touch her with a barge pole after watching her work so hard to destroy her own.  Loyalty may not mean much to you, but the party faithful take it very seriously. 

On 3/20/2019 at 9:29 PM, WestCanMan said:

She (and Philpott) are hardly idiots nor political newbies.  They both knew with absolute certainty they were committing political suicide when they called out the PMO on SNC.   While neither are likely to ever BE PM, I would certainly respect the non-partisan values that "Ray-Bold" (excellent choice of words) has chosen to display being brought to that office.

• Like 1

These 2 are liberals and want to save the party. Trudeau got caught lying and his whole shtick is false. He is a fake feminist for sure and not a nice guy. Look at the way he allegedly treated the lady that is now a indy. Their end game is to go into the next election with a new leader. Trudeau is toast. And the admirals case has not even started yet.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, GostHacked said:

I would like to see a no confidence vote put forth , or however we do that, and get Trudeau out of office.

They actually should've lost the gov't during the marathon voting session as not enough Liberals were seated for a vote, but, the Liberal speaker left it to the Liberal MPs to be on their honour as to whether they were seated...  

confidence vote.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scribblet said:

They actually should've lost the gov't during the marathon voting session as not enough Liberals were seated for a vote, but, the Liberal speaker left it to the Liberal MPs to be on their honour as to whether they were seated...  

The pro-Liberal Speaker had other thoughts on the matter...like changing the rules on the fly.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PIK said:

These 2 are liberals and want to save the party. Trudeau got caught lying and his whole shtick is false. He is a fake feminist for sure and not a nice guy. Look at the way he allegedly treated the lady that is now a indy. Their end game is to go into the next election with a new leader. Trudeau is toast. And the admirals case has not even started yet.

One does not hope to 'save the party' by becoming a pariah within it.  Their 'end game' may very well be to see a new leader of the party but they sorely missed any chance of either being elected to that position.  Political parties tend to take loyalty to it very seriously and these two have shown the exact opposite which is not that surprising since neither of them have any long-term relationship with it.  They are non-partisan to the core.  The little potato took a huge gamble when he brought all these new faces with no previous ties to the party into his fold and it back-fired on him.  He may very well pay the price for his stupidity in doing so but those two women will be long gone - and good riddance.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:45 AM, scribblet said:

confidence vote.jpg

Canada has it's own swamp and swampsters. :(

On 2/26/2019 at 10:58 PM, August1991 said:

This woman now has a name.

But, the current leader has a name, but is a person like his mother.

=====

Federal Liberals, ambitious, prefer a name - but not someone with a name like, uh, Margaret.

Having a father like old man trudeau and a mother like Margaret, it's no wonder this feminist kid is all screwed up in the head. The kid needs to quit politics and go into the woods and have a nice conversation with a feminist tree. 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, mowich said:

Cross the floor to where, WestCanMan?  Do you really think any party would touch her with a barge pole after watching her work so hard to destroy her own.  Loyalty may not mean much to you, but the party faithful take it very seriously. 

Why wouldn't they want her? Do you see her desire to tell the truth as a character flaw? I don't.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:24 AM, cannuck said:

She (and Philpott) are hardly idiots nor political newbies.  They both knew with absolute certainty they were committing political suicide when they called out the PMO on SNC.   While neither are likely to ever BE PM, I would certainly respect the non-partisan values that "Ray-Bold" (excellent choice of words) has chosen to display being brought to that office.

I don't know if I would call that political suicide for Ray-Bold. A lot of voters aren't on-side with blatant partisan politics.

If she can prove herself right then she has proven herself to be the rarest of birds - a "politician of great integrity", and she will suddenly be the most prominent woman in the history of Canadian politics in an era where the world is looking for some strong women to rise into the highest leadership positions.

No one in politics could challenge her for people who consider themselves "in the middle".

Unless Trudeau can find a way to vindicate himself she is a very serious threat to win the leadership of the liberal party.

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't know if I would call that political suicide for Ray-Bold. A lot of voters aren't on-side with blatant partisan politics.

If she can prove herself right then she has proven herself to be the rarest of birds - a "politician of great integrity", and she will suddenly be the most prominent woman in the history of Canadian politics in an era where the world is looking for some strong women to rise into the highest leadership positions.

No one in politics could challenge her for people who consider themselves "in the middle".

Unless Trudeau can find a way to vindicate himself she is a very serious threat to win the leadership of the liberal party.

When was the last or the first time that a political party rewarded a person with a leadership nomination when that person had shown nothing but disloyalty, disruption and an over-weaning sense of self-entitlement?  Never.  She burned her bridge.

24 minutes ago, mowich said:

When was the last or the first time that a political party rewarded a person with a leadership nomination when that person had shown nothing but disloyalty, disruption and an over-weaning sense of self-entitlement?  Never.  She burned her bridge.

I don't think they want to reward her, I just don't think they can stop her.

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't think they want to reward her, I just don't think they can stop her.

Ah but they can, West.  They can stop her in her tracks at a leadership convention where the entire membership will get to have their say.  That is if a leadership convention is even held.  In order to even run, she will need to have her nominations papers signed and we both know who has that job.  Think he will be quick to do so?  Not on your life. 

19 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't think "the avenues" are open. Trudeau is doing his best to black them all and our msm is backing his play.

Ah but there are, West.  She just won't take them which is rather strange considering that her days with the party are numbered. 

Edited by mowich
to add a verb