Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould

Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, August1991 said:

Is her game to become prime minister of Canada?

Link

Almost zero chance of that happening now that she's crossed the party line and told the truth about what happened while she was acting AG.  The PM all but said that she's a goner.  Of course, she could always join the Greenies or NDP and give it a run there.  I would never want to see her join our party though - not interested in native activists with leftist agendas. 

In what weird Freaky Friday convergence of wormholes and Groundhog days does she end up being PM ?

A minister stabs her PM in the back... and POOF now she's sitting pretty as PRIME MINISTER :D

Your imagination is this board's most delightful resource and a black box worthy of scientific research. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

And did anyone notice where Butts assured her they would line up media op-eds to support her decision to not go ahead with prosecution? Love to know just which editors and columnists were on call to do that. Presumably the entire staff at the Toronto Star, of course, but where else?

As I believe I mentioned in the other thread:  The CBC gave Butts the heads up to start covering the lies about two weeks before any story was printed - that was not long after they received a big whack of cash meant to preserve the "independant media".   I imagine they would have paid back their bonus by helping to line up the op eds.

Not sure if she will be able to remain a Liberal, but to clean up at least one tiny part of that rat's nest of corruption and croneyism she certainly deserves to become leader.

Edited by cannuck

On 2/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, August1991 said:

Is her game to become prime minister of Canada?

Link

I don't think this was a game, nor do I think she had a game with this!  How could she have planned for Trudeau to go along with that script?

But, after all the positive reviews about her - and no doubt she's suddenly a celebrity - I think now, there is a chance that she'll consider running.   I hope she doesn't run under the banner of the Liberals.

Edited by betsy

17 hours ago, PIK said:

She can't talk about why she resigned ,that is the big question. And the libs will not let her talk till QP is over,so trudeau can run. He won't be back in the house till middle of march.If she comes out saying nothing happened her reputation will be destroyed. PM ,I don't think so. Supreme court judge.....

Remember when Trudeau wouldn't waive any solicitor-client confidentiality away?   And then everyone in all political talk shows - even polls they did -  applied the pressure on him that he ended up capitulating?   I think.......he'll be forced to do it again, or this will really drag all the way to election day.

Edited by betsy

I see Macleans has also suggested that Jody Raybould is seeking the brass ring. As an indigenous woman with a record of standing up to corruption, she would be a strong candidate to replace Trudeau, who must surely resign shortly, but won't.      If he kicks her out of caucus and or refuses to sign her nomination papers for the next election,  where does that leave her?

This is very entertaining from across the border...so fun to see that smug bastard Justin Trudeau get his turn in the barrel.   Can't say I'm surprised after all of his previous missteps, but this one has longer legs.   I wonder what those poor chaps rotting in Chinese detention think about the "rule of law" now ?

The funny part is that the CBC wanted to cover the Michael Cohen hearings "LIVE !" from another country, but the JWR hearings back home demanded full attention instead !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

In what weird Freaky Friday convergence of wormholes and Groundhog days does she end up being PM ?

A minister stabs her PM in the back... and POOF now she's sitting pretty as PRIME MINISTER :D

Your imagination is this board's most delightful resource and a black box worthy of scientific research. 

She has a very conservative record as Justice minister. Did you read the tweet Waldo posted in the superior forum that speculated she might have an eye on Scheer's job?

43 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

She has a very conservative record as Justice minister. Did you read the tweet Waldo posted in the superior forum that speculated she might have an eye on Scheer's job?

Yesterday’s sob story was the most brilliant leadership campaign launch I’ve ever seen.  Wolf in sheep’s clothing and straight for the jugular.  I imagine Scheer, if he looks like the favourite in the fall election, will be her next target.  Earn his trust then expose his flaws.  Just has to read the tea leaves to assess which is the most favoured party going into the fall.

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yesterday’s sob story was the most brilliant leadership campaign launch I’ve ever seen.  Wolf in sheep’s clothing and straight for the jugular.  I imagine Scheer, if he looks like the favourite in the fall election, will be her next target.  Earn his trust then expose his flaws.  Just has to read the tea leaves to assess which is the most favoured party going into the fall.

This had nothing to do with flaws. This is banana republic corruption.

Edited by PIK

8 minutes ago, PIK said:

This had nothing to do with flaws. This is banana republic corruption.

Hardly. Look to the south for Banana Republic corruption. This is an example of a strong democracy where even the PM of a majority party faces intense scrutiny if there is any indication his behaviour is inappropriate.

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Hardly. Look to the south for Banana Republic corruption. This is an example of a strong democracy where even the PM of a majority party faces intense scrutiny if there is any indication his behaviour is inappropriate.

Look south and you will see a president that does not have the power like a PM here does. If Mueller was up here,  a PM could have shut him down. But look at Venezuela, under trudeau we are starting to look like them.

10 minutes ago, PIK said:

Look south and you will see a president that does not have the power like a PM here does. If Mueller was up here,  a PM could have shut him down. But look at Venezuela, under trudeau we are starting to look like them.

Trump can fire Mueller anytime he wants. He's just scared to because then he would add to his obstruction of Justice charges once his criminal behaviour comes to light.

Trudeau waived his attorney-client privilege to allow JWR to speak. I guess if you pretend that didn't happen, one could be convinced that what you're saying is true.

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Weren't they just attacking her for allowing impaired driving charges in an expanded time window, infringing on rights ?

It is so strong that a PM can proroque Parliament...something that can't happen in the southern Banana Republic.

Comparisons to Trump or the USA will not deflect Trudeau ethics violations and Liberal Party corruption.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is so strong that a PM can proroque Parliament...something that can't happen in the southern Banana Republic.

Comparisons to Trump or the USA will not deflect Trudeau ethics violations and Liberal Party corruption.

They will actually.  Trump’s shenanigans outdo JT’s hands down.  The whole Putin puppetmaster with compromi pee tapes story is still the leading circus.  Stormy isn’t bad either.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

The 'superior forum'? Would that be a forum almost exclusively populated by far left trolls?

Edited by Argus

Trump can fire Mueller anytime he wants. He's just scared to because then he would add to his obstruction of Justice charges once his criminal behaviour comes to light.

Trudeau waived his attorney-client privilege to allow JWR to speak. I guess if you pretend that didn't happen, one could be convinced that what you're saying is true.

And yet Trudeau obviously is attempting to do the same was Trump. Which is control active investigations which might be detrimental to him. And like Trump he fired an uncooperative attorney general and substituted one who he expects will do what he's told.

Trudeau only partially waved privilege. JWR has said she has more to say about what happened after she got dumped. What could that be, I wonder, that Trudeau would not allow her to talk about? Could it be confirmation she was fired because she didn't do as she was told about SNC Lavalin?

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

And yet Trudeau obviously is attempting to do the same was Trump. Which is control active investigations which might be detrimental to him. And like Trump he fired an uncooperative attorney general and substituted one who he expects will do what he's told.

Trudeau only partially waved privilege. JWR has said she has more to say about what happened after she got dumped. What could that be, I wonder, that Trudeau would not allow her to talk about? Could it be confirmation she was fired because she didn't do as she was told about SNC Lavalin?

Of course she was fired because she didn’t act on SNC, one of the few Trudeau. moves I agree with.  She made her decision as Justice Minister.  JT vehemently disagreed with her and moved her to another portfolio.  He could have left her a backbencher.  She’s still in Cabinet.  

29 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

They will actually.  Trump’s shenanigans outdo JT’s hands down.  The whole Putin puppetmaster with compromi pee tapes story is still the leading circus.  Stormy isn’t bad either.  

I would expect nothing less from those trying to deflect from the ruling government's current problems.

Trump still matters more than Trudeau on the world stage, now even more so.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I would expect nothing less from those trying to deflect from the ruling government's current problems.

Trump still matters more than Trudeau on the world stage, now even more so.

Yeah Trump is famous like Al Capone.  Trudeau still wins the shirtless selfie contest with the kinds of “feminists” who would throw their bras at Tom Jones.  

Edited by Zeitgeist