The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

Just now, Jimwd said:

Geez..why is the government shutdown? What’s the problem? According to you there already is a wall.

You've never crossed into Mexico? Let me assure you there are walls and fences.

It worked well for decades as the illegal traffic was comparatively small.

I crossed into Mexico and rode all the way to costa Rico on a motorcycle. There are unmanned border crossings into Mexico. Into United States where there is high population Centers with thousands of people on both sides a wall is the division, walls built across deserts in remote areas are a waste of money but more Importantly ,it’s about trump’s hate speech and attacks on immigrants. His fear mongering .catering to a base of ignorant,fearful fools,

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

I crossed into Mexico and rode all the way to costa Rico on a motorcycle. There are unmanned border crossings into Mexico. Into United States where there is high population Centers with thousands of people on both sides a wall is the division, walls built across deserts in remote areas are a waste of money but more Importantly ,it’s about trump’s hate speech and attacks on immigrants. His fear mongering .catering to a base of ignorant,fearful fools,

So you were being disingenuous...understood.  

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I accept your surrender...US Grant style.

You can actcept anything you like but I have a question for you

On a scale of 1-10 what’s the humiliation level of mob sheep chanting “lock her up” Only to watch trump people indicted and locked up?

On 1/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, paxamericana said:

Let me explain, the 2nd amendment is not the third or fourth amendment for a reason. Its not about deer hunting or ghost guns. Its about the protection from tyranny. It is no accident the 2nd amendment comes second to free speech. The founders felt that the protection from tyrrany was important enough to enshrine it in the constitution as the very first and second founding principle. They were meant to complement each other.  Barking without fangs is meaningless

I think the 2nd Amendment made sense early on in Post-Revolutionary America when there was suspicion about takeover by the English.  The early US forces were built on such local militias.  Fast forward 200 plus years to a time of a very large population with modern pressures and fully automated weapons.  How many armed people are there with mental health issues or who are just plain sadistic?  Now people are arming up to protect themselves from each other, not the government.  So at the very least you need to ensure guns don’t get into the wrong hands, and I believe, phase out public access to automatic weapons.  It means gun control. I also think the inner city and disenfranchised folk need to feel they can participate in the American Dream, obviously.  A polarized public, especially along socioeconomic lines, doesn’t help reduce crime.  I don’t know how or if such policies could be implemented, but something needs to be done to protect your society. 

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Trump approval rating hasn't budged in over a year, hanging at the 40% level.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

Looks like that slow painful death is gonna be really slow...

In a two party system that's not very good. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Obama's never got below 40% and Dubya's never got below 50%

What has changed is the people who were ambivalent towards him in 2016 (allowing him to be elected with less votes than Romney got in 2012) now are starkly opposed to him. 

We see that with the best Democratic House performance in a Mid-Term since Watergate. 

5 hours ago, Boges said:

We see that with the best Democratic House performance in a Mid-Term since Watergate. 

Not hard to do when Obama's party got slaughtered in the 2010 (and some previous) mid-terms, doing far worse than Trump/GOP.  

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not hard to do when Obama's party got slaughtered in the 2010 (and some previous) mid-terms, doing far worse than Trump/GOP.  

Wrong. . Far more Americans voted for dems midterm than those that voted for gop in Obama midterms,  45% gop. 53% dems. One of the largest disparities since Nixon, 

seats ...didn’t reflect it because of Republican Gerry mandering but the will of people was clear.

Edited by Jimwd
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Wrong. . Far more Americans voted for dems midterm than those that voted for gop in Obama midterms,  45% gop. 53% dems. One of the largest disparities since Nixon,

Far more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton too...so what?   Both sides know the rules of the game....and it is seats in Congress (House/Senate) that count.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Far more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton too...so what?   Both sides know the rules of the game....and it is seats in Congress (House/Senate) that count.

I just corrected your mistake. You’re welcome,

It's amazing that Trump is still polling as high as Obama at this point. This despite the intense media insanity he faces, which he somehow thrives on. Trump is like leadership inverted. The louder that liberals whine, bitch and moan about him, the more people want to support him. Liberals just don't get that.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's amazing that Trump is still polling as high as Obama at this point. This despite the intense media insanity he faces, which he somehow thrives on. Trump is like leadership inverted. The louder that liberals whine, bitch and moan about him, the more people want to support him. Liberals just don't get that.

I guess when trump attacks  pows,gold star families ,and flies   to Iraq to lie to the troops it upsets some,. Some still  care about honesty or integrity.

Or maybe watching mobs doing the lockstep monkey chant”lock her up” bringing shame and disgrace to America,

And others just care about making excuses for why trump lied about russian contacts .of course with manafort proof of collusion now ..it’s all going to come crashing down

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

I guess when trump attacks  pows,gold star families ,and flies   to Iraq to lie to the troops it upsets some,. Some still  care about honesty or integrity.

Or maybe watching mobs doing the lockstep monkey chant”lock her up” bringing shame and disgrace to America,

And others just care about making excuses for why trump lied about russian contacts .of course with manafort proof of collusion now ..it’s all going to come crashing down

I know this is your "happy place", but if Trump hasn't given in at this point, he's not going to.

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I know this is your "happy place", but if Trump hasn't given in at this point, he's not going to.

Trump won’t finish this year. He will resign or be impeached. Once  his dirty financial ties to Russia are out ,he’s finished. Even republicans will turn on him,

Just now, Jimwd said:

Trump won’t finish this year. He will resign or be impeached. Once  his dirty financial ties to Russia are out ,he’s finished. Even republicans will turn on him,

I never heard that one before in 2017, thanks for the laughs and memories.

Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

I never heard that one before in 2017, thanks for the laughs and memories.

Yes you have but not from me. Mueller report is coming out. Manafort now proven collusion and that wasn’t even close to what mueller has, I suggest you watch Cohen on feb 7 to get a better idea if whontrumpnreally is, he didn’t pay 25 million for defrauding Americans just out of the blue. He has a long dirty history,

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Yes you have but not from me. Mueller report is coming out. Manafort now proven collusion and that wasn’t even close to what mueller has, I suggest you watch Cohen on feb 7 to get a better idea if whontrumpnreally is, he didn’t pay 25 million for defrauding Americans just out of the blue. He has a long dirty history,

Sure

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Sure

You’ll find out soon enough. I knew about trump back in the nineties  and the scams he was pulling, he was so bad he couldnt get a loan from an American bank..multiple bankruptcies and failures,  His Panama hotel busted for laundering Russian money...unexplainable cash purchases of golf resorts ....I could go on..but the proof will be soon...I don’t expect nor care whether  you believe it or not. It is what it is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

You’ll find out soon enough. I knew about trump back in the nineties  and the scams he was pulling, he was so bad he couldnt get a loan from an American bank..multiple bankruptcies and failures,  His Panama hotel busted for laundering Russian money...unexplainable cash purchases of golf resorts ....I could go on..but the proof will be soon...I don’t expect nor care whether  you believe it or not. It is what it is.

You're just the anti-trump version of the anti-obamas who were asking for a birth certificate in my opinion.