Caravan Now 7K Strong

1 minute ago, Truth Detector said:

Sure.  But what is the Democrats plan for illlegal immigration?  Does anybody know?

Just what I posted. Oh...while denying the caravan even exists. Perhaps call Trump some names and dox a few Fox reporters.

Can't think of much else...WW3 has been tried already. Didn't work out...

:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Just what I posted. Oh...while denying the caravan even exists. Perhaps call Trump some names and dox a few Fox reporters.

Can't think of much else...WW3 has been tried already. Didn't work out...

:)

You’re right.  I figured I’d try and get a straight answer from him instead of his usual trolling.

11 hours ago, Truth Detector said:

I know what Trump's plan is for illegal immigration.  But what's the Democrat's plan?  

As far as I know they don't have one.  Like Canadian liberals they probably figure the more they let in, the more Democrat votes. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scribblet said:

They are being directed to sleep in the bull fighting ring/stadium/parking lot that sits right on the US/Mexican border. No the Mexicans are not happy...at all.

Turns out the caravan is real...Virginia.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

No the Mexicans are not happy...at all.

Turns out the caravan is real...Virginia.

Of course the caravan is real. No country that I'm aware of puts in place and allocates what some apparently believe to be excess taxpayer-funded services and resources to deal with people who on their own just decide to show up. Ultimately, one of the main solutions to the problem of uncontrolled migration will have to be to change international law to restrict the definition of "refugee" to include only those who face the imminent threat of political, racial or religious persecution in their homelands. Permitting tens or even hundreds of thousands who are mainly moving for economic reasons or who are merely members of groups that are actually involved in civil wars to claim refugee status actually undermines the interests of real refugees.

Edited by turningrite

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not according to the progressive sorts who say it is merely an election stunt for Trump.

Does not exist...never did...and now Trump no longer cares since the election is over.

I don't think American progressives deny the existence of the caravans. They disagree with the negative characterizations of mass migration, particularly by those on the right. However, I believe progressives underestimate the degree of legitimate anxiety such migration creates for majority populations in countries that face the challenges of absorbing large numbers of self-selected migrants. It's interesting that according to media reports many in Mexico aren't particularly happy about these migrants entering and remaining in their country. It undermines the notion that all such concerns are grounded in racism and/or xenophobia, the fallback explanations too often reflexively employed by the progressive set.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I've listened to Gergen's views. However, the existence of the caravans is a separate matter from denying that uncontrolled migration is a crisis. In Canada, for instance, we also have a problem with self-selected migration. The Libs deny it's a crisis, but in places most acutely facing its impacts, like in Toronto and Montreal where there is no available shelter space, and in Toronto's case inadequate affordable housing to meet the ordinary needs of the existing population, it surely is.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 5:24 AM, scribblet said:

according to this  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6300649/Caravan-migrants-swells-5-000-eye-US.html

If they do reach the U.S. border how far will they go to stop them.   If any of these people are hurt or killed it will play right into the hands of the Democrats.     What makes these people believe they have a right to invade another country?

and they are being organized 
http://time.com/5430436/migrant-caravan-mexico-guatemala-border/
The caravan doesn’t have any single leader but various activists are involved. After it crossed into Mexico, an international group called Sin Fronteras (Without Borders) has been helping it organize. While the Mexican federal police stopped the caravan going over the border bridge, they stood aside as people went over the river. However, the Mexican Interior Ministry issued a news release late Saturday saying that those who crossed the river illegally could be detained and deported.

I am looking forward to the big showdown coming soon. Will the illegal invaders try to enter America illegally or will they be stopped? It seems that all Latino American organizations are all in favor of this caravan and are trying to convince host Americans that this is not an invasion. All is okay. Just people wanting asylum. Let them all in they say. The asylum seekers were offered asylum in Mexico and did not take it. Why?

I understand that there will be hundreds of immigration lawyers ready and waiting for them at the border. No doubt most of those lawyers will be Hispanic. Trump is sure right when he said that he needs to get that wall built. It worked well in Israel and having a wall against the Arabs. The democrats are against the wall. More illegals the better for them and more votes. 

The fun will soon happen. Enjoy the chaos that will soon begin at the border. :D

25 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Can't get the money without enough votes,

So Mexicans really racist, and what....ahat....make tijuana great again.  Say it isn't so.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/mexico-protests-grow-in-tijuana-against-migrant-caravan

Seems the Central Americans are rather...aggressive...for peaceful non-invaders.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Argus said:

You're forgetting that while they had the power to do so, the indians used to burn those wagons...

Is Argus implying we'll have the pagan ethos to do the same when the caravans stretch beyond the horizon?

Burn with what btw, napalm or something?

3 hours ago, Argus said:

You're forgetting that while they had the power to do so, the indians used to burn those wagons...

Native american version of

Stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) establishes a right by which a person may defend one's self or others (right of self-defense) against threats or perceived threats, even to the point of applying lethal force, regardless of whether safely retreating from the situation might have been possible.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, Argus said:

That's a bit of a myth.  Far more native Americans were burned than White settlers. 

9 Things You May Not Know About the Oregon Trail

https://www.history.com/news/9-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-oregon-trail

• 2 years later...