Caravan Now 7K Strong

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

I don't think the reaction to the two are equivalent. Andrew Sheer and Doug Ford haven't labelled it as an invasion and called for the Military to be called to man the border. 

Of course you don't....it's only a big deal when the Americans do it.   Typical.

• Like 1

From what I see on the news,most of the people in this caravan appear to be young men and not mostly women and children as some would have you believe. What exactly is preventing anyone from applying to get into the US through normal channels? The immigration laws should be applied and enforced. I admit Canada is just as bad if not worse in allowing an open door immigration policy.At the end of the day,it does not benefit the country.

The Democrats have no qualms about using these people solely for their own gains(votes).

• Like 2

These people aren't coming to the United States and Canada because of climate change.  That's absolutely preposterous.  They're coming because they're countries are run very poorly, with rampant violence and corruption.  Somebody needs to coin the term Hispanic privilege.  The privilege of ignoring countries immigration laws, and immigrating to another country, skipping the line, and demanding citizenship status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truth Detector said:

These people aren't coming to the United States and Canada because of climate change.  That's absolutely preposterous.  They're coming because they're countries are run very poorly, with rampant violence and corruption.  Somebody needs to coin the term Hispanic privilege.  The privilege of ignoring countries immigration laws, and immigrating to another country, skipping the line, and demanding citizenship status.

In what world does fleeing some place with "rampant violence and corruption" equal privilege?

24 minutes ago, Wilber said:

In what world does fleeing some place with "rampant violence and corruption" equal privilege?

They helped create said rampant violence and corruption...for one. Howz about them fixing their country and not fucking-up mine?

33 minutes ago, Wilber said:

It's a privilege when somebody else in the world facing the same or worse circumstances can't do the same.  They go through the proper process of applying, etc.  They can't just walk across a border and demand things.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

It's a privilege when somebody else in the world facing the same or worse circumstances can't do the same.  They go through the proper process of applying, etc.  They can't just walk across a border and demand things.

You should be so "privileged".  I have no quarrel with how the US choses to manage its borders but to call these people "privileged" is just ignorant.

2 minutes ago, Wilber said:

You should be so "privileged".  I have no quarrel with how the US choses to manage its borders but to call these people "privileged" is just ignorant.

I disagree...it is a privilege to be able to emigrate to another nation (legally or illegally) and improve one's circumstances.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, I consider it a privilege to be able to flee your "home" to someone else's "home".

...and grab a bunch of free stuff. Rebel has a reporter with the caravan...90% men...they themselves say they're coming for the free stuff. 

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't change anything...it is still a privilege to emigrate to another nation...or there would be no need for citizenship, borders, or deportations.

Exactly.  There's no right to emigrate to another country.  There's especially no right to skip the line in front of other people under similar or worse circumstances.