The treatment of our Vets

Army Guy

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sounds like something you right wingers would have little issue with, especially fucking over Jews.

Sounds more like you left wingers should get educated about what's going on, before crowing about how great something else is. Canada's better, ok? So you Canada haters can all go and fook off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Sounds more like you left wingers should get educated about what's going on, before crowing about how great something else is. Canada's better, ok? So you Canada haters can all go and fook off.

No, I'd rather you get your stupid country off my planet.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, eyeball said:

No, I'd rather you get your stupid country off my planet.

Your planet. Your sense of self-entitlement never ceases to diminish. That reminds me why people should not be allowed to be breast fed for too a long time period let alone into their adult years. They either become leftists or Italian film directors. Ciao.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/veterans-affairs-pension-disability-1.4890117

More than 270,000 ex-soldiers were short-changed by Veterans Affairs Canada for over eight years because of an accounting error worth at least $165 million, CBC News has learned.

The mistake was uncovered by the veterans ombudsman's office, which has worked with the federal department for over a year to get it to confirm the mistake and make amends, federal sources said Monday.

The error was made in the monthly indexing calculation on disability awards and pensions and is believed to have started as far back as 2002.

Accounting glitch screwed over 270,000 vets.

The error ran unchecked from 2002 to 2010, according to internal department numbers analyzed by the ombudsman's staff.

How many times can the government fuck over the vets?

On 10/25/2018 at 11:59 AM, GostHacked said:

I acknowledge what you have said. I simply do not have to believe it. This is your stance and I accept it, however I think it is wrong. I will not apologize for my opinion and view. 

The problem is I have no faith in our government to do what is right, even when we complain.

Did we get a vote to send you off to war in Afghanistan?

No, Canadians did NOT get to vote on it.

Yes, you DID get a vote.   You/we elected MPs to represent us, and when one of our allies was attacked, our elected members carefully considered what the correct response should be.   I was quite impressed that Parliament stepped back from Iraq and forward on Afganistan.  With such a volatile situation, the reason we empower our Parliament to deal with such matters is that we simply don't have the mechanism to call for a plebescite in the timeframe needed to respond.   

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

Yes, you DID get a vote.   You/we elected MPs to represent us   

That is nowhere near adequate enough. Doesn't even come close.

Offshore military missions/adventures fully costed out including compensation/reparations etc well in advance. This should require a referendum that yields the robust approval of a super-majority. At least 70% AFAIC.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

Yes, you DID get a vote.   You/we elected MPs to represent us, and when one of our allies was attacked, our elected members carefully considered what the correct response should be.   I was quite impressed that Parliament stepped back from Iraq and forward on Afganistan.  With such a volatile situation, the reason we empower our Parliament to deal with such matters is that we simply don't have the mechanism to call for a plebescite in the timeframe needed to respond.   

Your time frame concern is sensible in the event of an impending invasion force, not invading someone ourselves. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, eyeball said:

Sounds like something you right wingers would have little issue with, especially fucking over Jews.

in today's world it is the left that are pushing the anti jew buttons .In the 30's the left wing fought fascism in europe, today those same left would be fighting for facism.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Your time frame concern is sensible in the event of an impending invasion force, not invading someone ourselves. 

When was the last time you saw a Federal plebiscite?   

As I said, you/we already voted in Parliament, and it was within their perview

(on edit)  BTW: I STRONGLY agree with you about direct democracy.   With the technologies available today it should be easy-peasey.

Edited by cannuck

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, eyeball said:

Offshore military missions/adventures fully costed out including compensation/reparations etc well in advance. This should require a referendum that yields the robust approval of a super-majority. At least 70% AFAIC.

It would not matter, even if you had 99 % approval there is still going to be someone pissing and moaning that some how the government we elected screwed them over.....And if we did have a referendum, on Afghanistan nothing would have changed, the majority of Canadians approved....end of story....and still they won't take responsibility , got to point the finger at someone....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It would not matter, even if you had 99 % approval there is still going to be someone pissing and moaning that some how the government we elected screwed them over...

Well sure, I fully expect the 1% would piss and moan too if virtue trumped  economics.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, eyeball said:

70% is a good number and feels like a majority position. 

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It would not matter, even if you had 99 % approval there is still going to be someone pissing and moaning that some how the government we elected screwed them over.....And if we did have a referendum, on Afghanistan nothing would have changed, the majority of Canadians approved....end of story....and still they won't take responsibility , got to point the finger at someone....

IF Canada voted 99% to get in, then that is hard to argue against.  However that never happened.   Canadians can approve of the mission , but then why did the government fail to support the troops properly after the fact?  Again you keep putting the blame on the citizens when we have NO direct control over the foreign policies that Canada follows.

And the approval ratings for Afghanistan.. what are you basing you stance on? What are the sources and numbers to back that up?

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

Again you keep putting the blame on the citizens when we have NO direct control over the foreign policies that Canada follows.

It must be the strongman complex.  These people do not want a government that is under people's direct control, the idea scares the hell out of them or something.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It must be the strongman complex.  These people do not want a government that is under people's direct control, the idea scares the hell out of them or something.

The government does not want to give up that control either.  'Do you support the mission?'  I need more details than just that. And I need a game plan showing an eventual resolution. None of that happened. And when we found out the government/military really did NOT have a solid plan that is when the citizens support started to trail off. We were sold a war when there was no solid plan or vision for Afghanistan or for the wounded vets coming back home.

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The government does not want to give up that control either.  'Do you support the mission?'  I need more details than just that. And I need a game plan showing an eventual resolution. None of that happened. And when we found out the government/military really did NOT have a solid plan that is when the citizens support started to trail off. We were sold a war when there was no solid plan or vision for Afghanistan or for the wounded vets coming back home.

What makes you think our troops go into action no plan and no vision????   Battle plans for every potential scenario in most known or likely hot spots are in place before they leave, and as situation changes, they are constantly revised.  These aren't cowboys in the wild west, they are professional soldiers within a national armed force.

Edited by cannuck

47 minutes ago, cannuck said:

What makes you think our troops go into action no plan and no vision????   Battle plans for every potential scenario in most known or likely hot spots are in place before they leave, and as situation changes, they are constantly revised.  These aren't cowboys in the wild west, they are professional soldiers within a national armed force.

The troops are not making the plans. The troops carry out the plans dictated by the military brass and leaders in government.  And as of this moment, does anyone remember what the mission in Afghanistan was?

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

,IF Canada voted 99% to get in, then that is hard to argue against.  However that never happened.   Canadians can approve of the mission , but then why did the government fail to support the troops properly after the fact?  Again you keep putting the blame on the citizens when we have NO direct control over the foreign policies that Canada follows.

And the approval ratings for Afghanistan.. what are you basing you stance on? What are the sources and numbers to back that up?

Even you have said that at the start of this Afghanistan mission there was an over whelming majority of Canadians that supported our nation taking on a combat mission....If you really want a source I'll get you one, I just thought we could agree on that point.

The CDS at the time had explained all of this to the PM that our nations military was not ready for this mission, why it was not ready, well it's condition of it's equipment, the level of our training , the resources given to the military at the time were not enough, the list goes on and on...this was before the mission, during the mission, and finally after the mission it only got worse....

We have already established that both governments liberal and Conservative did a shitty job at providing the resources needed to accomplish our goals, So the government carries a huge load of the blame for that failure.....next with out the citizens backing to push the government into action, it became a huge political gain for the governments of the day, see look what we are doing, we are carrying more than our weight, for very little investment.... for the size of our military....."how many times did you hear that"  Back on point, the citizens of this nation also bare a share of that failure load....for not pushing our government into action....

Again you keep putting the blame on the citizens when we have NO direct control over the foreign policies that Canada follows.

That is Bullshit....our present form of government does not take a shit without seeing if that would be popular in the polls, everything they do is driven by one objective, to get re elected period...

Here is an example how does a inmate convicted of murder , then get sent to a healing lodge to do her time in a fenceless prison facility,  But when word hits the public there is a huge cry for justice, a cry from the Canadian people....this murder is now back in general population in a prison....these actions by the people is what sparked our government to act....Had there been no outrage, she would still be there , feet up drinking wine at the fire......this is just one example of how much power we the people have and all me have to do is use it....it is really that easy....So you ask why do I continually blame the people of Canada for their part in the  failure in Afghanistan. because for 10 years they were silent , for 10 years they chose to ignore our military begging for help....for 10 years they sat in silence as we came home one at a time in coffin draped coffins...

Are you kidding me about sources and numbers required to back up my statement that the conflict was not popular throughout most of the conflict....shit there must be thousands of media links that can confirm all of that, you still want one I'll get you some... 

Edited by Army Guy

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Again Bullshit....every night there was a media conference in Kanadar, detailing the mission and how it went that day, every net work had dozens of people there to ensure YOU and the people of Canada got the latest news, of all those media types only a few had the balls to get outside the wire , those that did were rewarded with not just DND version of events but all sides....not only that there must of been hundreds of conference laying out in detail the WHY, Where, What, How and When of this mission....doubt me do a goggle search tell me how many example you get....If your telling me you were did not have the info , then you where not looking for it...That seems to be the fall back for all those that hated the mission....we were not informed....All of it bullshit...up to you neck in BS....

As for the wounded vets it is the same story...very little will get done until the citizens of this nation get pissed off, and take action...you really think a politician is going to think of this on his own....come on...how long have you lived here, and you still think you have no power to change things....Shit a 12 year old Afghanis girl campaign changed the world on human rights.... she has brought attention to her topic of chose....and your going to sit here and tell me , I can't do it....I have no power , no one listens....Write a letter to your MP, start a partion…..I have already done these things and I will continue to do these things until I convince just one other person it is a worthy cause to back our military, and our vets...

Anyways tomorrow, give our military some thought , give our vets some thought....ask what ever god you pray to bless them , to look after those that have gone and paid the ultimate price for these nation...Raise a glass of beer to them and tell them we will not forget them...

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The troops are not making the plans. The troops carry out the plans dictated by the military brass and leaders in government.  And as of this moment, does anyone remember what the mission in Afghanistan was?

The troops were trained in workup to execute those objectives, strategies and use appropriate tactics.  Every soldier I have met knew EACTLY why they were there.   Armchair quarterbacks in the comfort of the Mom's basement were not usually in that loop, I suppose.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Given that the Liberals rule more than half the time, this is tantamount to saying "Canadians are stupid".  Ok then.

Canadians are pretty much stupid. :unsure: As an example Canadians are constantly whining and crying about Trump. Why? What the hell has Trump got to do with Canadians health and well being? What has Trump done to hurt them? Their own prime mistake of Canada is destroying this once great nation but all they can think about is bashing Trump. Yes indeed, it would appear at this time as though Canadians are quite stupid alright. Just my opinion.