Is this really racism

On 12/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed...as I have come to recognize that the Canadian obsession with all things American is normalized and expected.

That's quite a statement from an American who must spend several hours a day, 365 a year on a Canadian political website.  Beyond compulsive, obsessive I would say.

Edited by cannuck

24 minutes ago, cannuck said:

That's quite a statement from an American who must spend several hours a day, 365 a year on a Canadian political website.  Beyond compulsive, obsessive I would say.

Precisely my purpose...now what if an entire nation did/does that...for decades ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Precisely my purpose...now what if an entire nation did/does that...for decades ?

They'd probably know a lot more about your country than most Americans.  Ever wonder why your country calls it intelligence when it pays attention to other countries?

Smerter than we look maybe.

On 1/22/2018 at 2:50 PM, eyeball said:

You effing racists say the same thing.  Non Caucasians can be first class sphincters too but it takes a real asshole to be proud of it.

Demonizing a people, no matter what their race, is a transparent effort to disunify and gain political power for marginal actors.

56 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Marginalizing assholes no matter who or what they are is everyone's duty.

I don't know about that.  I think exposing them, ridiculing them and doing everything possible to stop them is probably a better tack.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't know about that.  I think exposing them, ridiculing them and doing everything possible to stop them is probably a better tack.

Bad idea....only elevates their status among like minded folk.   "Stopping them" with everything possible is probably illegal.

SJWs just make pawns out of victims.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bad idea....only elevates their status among like minded folk.   "Stopping them" with everything possible is probably illegal.

SJWs just make pawns out of victims.

Okay, never let it be said I'm not a fair minded man.  Everything legally possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it not odd that those who most strongly defend an open Cdn border are those who either expect to profit nicely from it or those who came here RECENTLY? 

One of the talking heads on CBC- a woman who was clearly using English as a second language- told viewers that it is the right of all people to come to Canada and have their case heard by Cdn immigration judges- with the cost of that at about a thousand dollars a day for legal fees- NOT including welfare and security issues and etc. Liberals have fired so many immigration judges - for having “Conservative” leanings that there are now only 2 immigration judges in the western half of Canada! A case that used to take a year or more has now degenerated into one taking a decade or more? The only people who claim that illegals are ENTITLED to meddle in our affairs are people who think we are the sucker nation of the world!

Liberals think we have not noticed that the cash Toronto needs to build new transit is being swallowed up by illegal immigrants that are being coached to vote Liberal in the next federal election.

Black Lives Matter radicals allege cops harass them- but is it not ODD that so many of those being “harassed” have outstanding warrants for various criminal acts such as drug dealing and robbery? 

5 pillars of lieberal faith.jpg

5 hours ago, Phred Dobbs said:

Liberals have fired so many immigration judges - for having “Conservative” leanings that there are now only 2 immigration judges in the western half of Canada!

If you wrote it then it must be true? Either that or you are again ranting without any evidence.

I don't know what an 'immigration judge' is. We have citizenship judges, but immigration is handled by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada members. In Western Canada we have the following number of members:

• Refugee Protection Division - 21
  • Refugee Appeal Division - 3
  • Immigration Division - 6
  • Immigration Appeal Division - 9

That makes a total of 39 members for Western Canada, not 2 as you so falsely claim.

Giving us a list of positions you would like to fill- if you can find suitable boot lickers does not count for anything!                   

Here is an article describing the utterly selfish motives of the Liberal party as they buy ethnic votes without regard for national security or the costs involved. And aint it sickening that Ndpers like Jagmeet Singh are willing to ride along? Jag sure is NOT opposing them- rather he is trying to OUT DO them! But then NDPers are the less cunning and less intelligent kissing cousins of Liberals! To become NDP it is required that your thinking must be too muddled to be accepted as a Liberal! With some comments of my own in brackets): 

Liberal politicization of immigration system gets even worse

By Lorne Gunter , Edmonton Sun. First posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 05:41 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 06:21 PM EDT

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied article

On 2017-06-22 at 9:00 PM, Argus said:

I know three women who have had problems with foreign born doctors who basically patted them on the head and told them not to worry their pretty little heads about anything because it wasn't important. Unsurprisingly, these doctors were from countries which are extremely paternalistic towards women, their rights, and their concerns. So they simply dismissed their complaints as unimportant. Then, too, though we don't keep track of medical malpractice here the way they do in the UK, I have to wonder just how good some of these foreign doctors are. Our government, of course, would never be so crass as to tell us.

FOREIGN doctors made up three quarters of those struck off the British medical register between 2010 and 2015, according to official figures.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/661899/NHS-recruitment-crisis-three-quarters-doctors-struck-off-from-abroad

Some of them are dodgy which highlights the flawed credentialist approach of the authorities but that sort of analysis cuts both ways. There was a locally trained doctor in my province who was treated so indulgently by our college that the police had to intervene to protect the public. Quite a few years ago, we also had a case of a woman who appeared to have fabricated a story against a foreign doctor that was not believed by police or the hospital but was believed by the college for some reason. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Regarding the original question, the motivations behind choosing one's doctor are absolutely nobody else's business and no reputable journalist should get involved in such a story. As to whether this was racist, my response would be that we humans are all tribally biased and such a tendency must be overcome by each of us. In younger people it is less obvious, thank goodness, because of better education on the matter, but we all have to watch out for it.

There's another factor in Canada. Foreign doctors get the jobs Canadians don't want to do in the outback with no residents or colleagues around at night i.e. physicians with the least local knowledge parachuted straight into jobs that require a lot of it. The families are already dubious of a guy whose English isn't perfect and go for the jugular when something bad happens to an elderly relative. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Michael Hardner said:

It has made headlines in England - I saw the video from the Daily Mail feed I think.  I'm sorry your sensibilities have been offended, but maybe now you can wake up to see that people find these views unacceptable.  I think you may have learned something outside whatever bubble you get your news from.

There's no whatever reason here.  There's no doubt.  She was clearly stupid, and yes racist.  Sorry but people just don't share your views anymore.  You can open your eyes to that, or blame the media for it - that's your choice.

What is a 'white' doctor, and how does it differ from a normal one?

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't know - why are you asking me ?  My post (from last June by the way) doesn't say anything about the race of doctors, just about how this story was received.

Neither do I.   Does it perhaps mean a czarist doctor?   It is a new concept to me.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Most Canadians listen too much to the CBC and are able to get all the anti-American hatred they need from that useless fake news outfit. The CNN doesn't help either. Maybe if Canadians would concern themselves more about Canadian politics and less about American politics maybe Canada would not be in the mess that it is in today and for decades now. 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:18 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Regarding the original question, the motivations behind choosing one's doctor are absolutely nobody else's business and no reputable journalist should get involved in such a story. As to whether this was racist, my response would be that we humans are all tribally biased and such a tendency must be overcome by each of us. In younger people it is less obvious, thank goodness, because of better education on the matter, but we all have to watch out for it.

How dare someone ask for a certain doctor. It is no one's business well except maybe for the CBC. The Canadian liberal media are always out there looking for a juicy racist story to talk about, especially that CBC. If there appears to be anything racist being said or done the CBC will be there in a flash. With the CBC all of Canada is flooded with racists everywhere. There was an incident recently where an native Indian boy was being taunted by a couple of other boys at some sports event. An incident that should not have  happened but it did. There will always be someone insulting someone's race and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I guess kids will be kids. It will happen again, live with it. 

On 3/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, ?Impact said:

If you wrote it then it must be true? Either that or you are again ranting without any evidence.

I don't know what an 'immigration judge' is. We have citizenship judges, but immigration is handled by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada members. In Western Canada we have the following number of members:

• Refugee Protection Division - 21
  • Refugee Appeal Division - 3
  • Immigration Division - 6
  • Immigration Appeal Division - 9

That makes a total of 39 members for Western Canada, not 2 as you so falsely claim.

if I had my way all above mentioned would be abolished. This liberal immigration mess is destroying this country. Billions are being blown on illegals that should not be here at all. They are sucking off our taxpayer's tax dollars that are needed elsewhere for Canada and Canadians. 

There is only one clear message to send to people who enter Canada illegally. Once caught you are out of here on the next plane. You have no right to any services that cater to Immigration. Tolerating this criminal illegal immigration is saying to the rest of the world, come on over, there is a good chance that you may get to stay, and all at the expense of the sucker tax paying Canadian fool for decades if necessary. Disgusting. 

On 3/5/2018 at 8:38 AM, Phred Dobbs said:

Is it not odd that those who most strongly defend an open Cdn border are those who either expect to profit nicely from it or those who came here RECENTLY? 

One of the talking heads on CBC- a woman who was clearly using English as a second language- told viewers that it is the right of all people to come to Canada and have their case heard by Cdn immigration judges- with the cost of that at about a thousand dollars a day for legal fees- NOT including welfare and security issues and etc. Liberals have fired so many immigration judges - for having “Conservative” leanings that there are now only 2 immigration judges in the western half of Canada! A case that used to take a year or more has now degenerated into one taking a decade or more? The only people who claim that illegals are ENTITLED to meddle in our affairs are people who think we are the sucker nation of the world!

Liberals think we have not noticed that the cash Toronto needs to build new transit is being swallowed up by illegal immigrants that are being coached to vote Liberal in the next federal election.

Black Lives Matter radicals allege cops harass them- but is it not ODD that so many of those being “harassed” have outstanding warrants for various criminal acts such as drug dealing and robbery? 

5 pillars of lieberal faith.jpg

Indeed. Those that profit from this immigration illegal and legal mess of ours is immigration lawyers and judges and new immigrants that have become Canadian and who now want to try and be able to bring their whole family over to Canada. Some of these new immigrants have mighty big families. This woman is obviously someone from one of those third world countries and who believes that host Canadians should allow anyone into Canada and let the host Canadians pay for their right to stay here in Canada during their appeals. This woman is nuts. No wonder this country is hundreds of billions of dollars in debt. This immigration policy of ours has contributed plenty of tax dollars that are now lost down the drain from this immigration illegal mess where most of these illegals are coming from the third world. If I could I would put a moratorium on all new immigration to Canada for at least 7 years and longer if needed. Our immigration policy needs fixing big time. 

21 hours ago, taxme said:

There was an incident recently where an native Indian boy was being taunted by a couple of other boys at some sports event. An incident that should not have  happened but it did. There will always be someone insulting someone's race and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I guess kids will be kids. It will happen again, live with it. 

That happened to some of my relatives but a quiet word was had with the parents and that was it. Problem solved. 

U of T professor Jordan Peterson`s refusal to use certain pronouns as demanded by Liberals boils down to this allegorical point: I possess the right to watch tv shows that I like and I possess the right to TURN OFF tv shows I don’t like. If Liberals choose to MAKE ME watch tv shows I would rather turn off then they are dictators! So it is with Peterson- that Liberals want to MAKE HIM use certain words that he does not CHOOSE TO USE!

Every article on U of T professor Jordan Peterson centres on what left wing advocates refer to as his abuse of free speech- but radicals cannot find a way to shut Peterson down because he is NOT DEMANDING “free speech”. Rather, he simply insisting he has the right NOT to say some things!

Jordan Peterson is in trouble because he has made it known he does not wish to be compelled by govt legislation to use any of the over 50 recently created and gender neutral pronouns he has heard of. Choosing to refer to somebody by their name or by referring to a person as “you in the black sweat shirt” etc- IS NOT a crime! Choosing NOT to use certain words can NOT be a crime- unless we live in a police state! Liberal attempts to stifle free speech generally and to criminalize so called “Islamophobia” - which liberals have yet to define as anything other than simple opposition to their views- means liberals ARE TRYING TO CREATE A POLICE STATE where every thought and word is guided by Liberal dictators!

Jordan Peterson says its unfair and unlawful that he is being ordered by others to use certain gender neutral pronouns such as “ZHE”. Only a small part of the population is even aware of these pronouns and fewer still agree on how and where and when they should be used. In fact the average person could not find out when to use these pronouns unless they pried deeply- and intrusively into the mindset and gender image of persons who might or might not wish to be addressed using a particular pronoun such as “zhe”!! 

People who want to pillory individuals such as U of T prof Jordan Peterson for failing to use certain “gender neutral pronouns” such as “Zhe” are attempting to introduce obscure clinical definitions- known only to a modest number of people- into a conversation with lay people who are unaware that there are over 70 distinct sexual personae identified in online posts . Those who think that criminal charges are a proper response to those who don’t use selected and obscure pronouns are engaged in Fascist dictatorship. And the most RIDICULOUS part of this storm in a gender neutral tea cup is that the lead person- at University of Toronto- who has  complained about Peterson has NEVER MET HIM! Nope! Never spoken to him nor ever taken any of his classes- yet the person is willing to INSIST that a total stranger should face jail time merely for commenting in a way that Liberals do not like- on the subject of  “ZHE”!) 

(And how much more Monty Python style SILLY can the situation get considering that Liberals are thinking of jail time for scorning “ZHE” while at the same time Liberals are IGNORING a Calgary Muslim leader who publicly explained to his admirers that it is okay to KILL gay people so they will not “sin” again in future?

Oh well, after our muddled PM Justin is defeated and tossed out of office- he has a second career already set up- as a comedian since his sense of irony and the absurd puts Monty Python to shame!)

blind_justin.jpg

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

That happened to some of my relatives but a quiet word was had with the parents and that was it. Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, Phred Dobbs said:

U of T professor Jordan Peterson`s refusal to use certain pronouns as demanded by Liberals boils down to this allegorical point: I possess the right to watch tv shows that I like and I possess the right to TURN OFF tv shows I don’t like. If Liberals choose to MAKE ME watch tv shows I would rather turn off then they are dictators! So it is with Peterson- that Liberals want to MAKE HIM use certain words that he does not CHOOSE TO USE!

Every article on U of T professor Jordan Peterson centres on what left wing advocates refer to as his abuse of free speech- but radicals cannot find a way to shut Peterson down because he is NOT DEMANDING “free speech”. Rather, he simply insisting he has the right NOT to say some things!

Jordan Peterson is in trouble because he has made it known he does not wish to be compelled by govt legislation to use any of the over 50 recently created and gender neutral pronouns he has heard of. Choosing to refer to somebody by their name or by referring to a person as “you in the black sweat shirt” etc- IS NOT a crime! Choosing NOT to use certain words can NOT be a crime- unless we live in a police state! Liberal attempts to stifle free speech generally and to criminalize so called “Islamophobia” - which liberals have yet to define as anything other than simple opposition to their views- means liberals ARE TRYING TO CREATE A POLICE STATE where every thought and word is guided by Liberal dictators!

Jordan Peterson says its unfair and unlawful that he is being ordered by others to use certain gender neutral pronouns such as “ZHE”. Only a small part of the population is even aware of these pronouns and fewer still agree on how and where and when they should be used. In fact the average person could not find out when to use these pronouns unless they pried deeply- and intrusively into the mindset and gender image of persons who might or might not wish to be addressed using a particular pronoun such as “zhe”!! 

People who want to pillory individuals such as U of T prof Jordan Peterson for failing to use certain “gender neutral pronouns” such as “Zhe” are attempting to introduce obscure clinical definitions- known only to a modest number of people- into a conversation with lay people who are unaware that there are over 70 distinct sexual personae identified in online posts . Those who think that criminal charges are a proper response to those who don’t use selected and obscure pronouns are engaged in Fascist dictatorship. And the most RIDICULOUS part of this storm in a gender neutral tea cup is that the lead person- at University of Toronto- who has  complained about Peterson has NEVER MET HIM! Nope! Never spoken to him nor ever taken any of his classes- yet the person is willing to INSIST that a total stranger should face jail time merely for commenting in a way that Liberals do not like- on the subject of  “ZHE”!) 

(And how much more Monty Python style SILLY can the situation get considering that Liberals are thinking of jail time for scorning “ZHE” while at the same time Liberals are IGNORING a Calgary Muslim leader who publicly explained to his admirers that it is okay to KILL gay people so they will not “sin” again in future?

Oh well, after our muddled PM Justin is defeated and tossed out of office- he has a second career already set up- as a comedian since his sense of irony and the absurd puts Monty Python to shame!)

blind_justin.jpg

Saul Alinsky and Soros appears to be the liberals idols and choice for leader of their party of intolerant and bigoted fools. The social justice warrior liberal communists are the new Mao red guards for Canada. It is hard to believe that people can now actually be put in the gulag for daring to defy using the different gender words that now must be used or else. How did Canada get to this and in this situation?  Why do people that have only known freedom of speech for all their lives suddenly want to now take it away from others whom they do not agree with. Jordan Peterson answers those questions and the red guard liberals keep attacking him for his honest opinions and points of view and want him gone. When it comes to the words common sense and logic the liberals are totally clueless to what they mean. The fun part about debating with liberals is that they can be made fools of in minutes. Just saying.