The Ill feeling between left and right on immigration

10 minutes ago, kactus said:

I guess the bit that was alien to me was having my photo taken by japanese girls who were not used to see many foreigners followed by a series of questions about what I liked or disliked about japanese culture.

That was likely what they were studying at school. Why would a handsome man/beautiful woman like you be bugged by getting your pic taken?

17 minutes ago, kactus said:

I don't think anyone is asking about changing Canada to suit foreigners. I just find it a bit racist when someone posted here earlier that Canada is for judeo/ christians as if religion is the determinent factor of who belongs to the "club"...

Actually liberals and lefties are trying to change Canada to suit foreigners.  That is one of Trudeau's main goals.

Some of the immigrants bring a militant religion to Canada and do in fact demand that accommodations be made for them.  My comment saying Judeo-Christian culture should a basis for immigration also includes western culture and practices such as western respect for human rights, women, our parliamentary system of democracy, basic freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion.  Using the term Judeio-Christian culture does not imply everyone has to be Jewish or Christian.  That's where you err.   It is a general term to differentiate the west from eastern cultures such as in the middle east, India, Asia, or Africa.  It has been the founding culture in North America for 500 years.  Liberals want to erase that history and claim we are an amalgamation of all religions and cultures from every corner of the world, probably in order to grab votes. The term is simply a way of describing the historic reality of the dominant founding Canadian or American culture.  If you want to deny that and say that history doesn't count, then you are denying everything we have such as our judicial system, parliamentary system, basic human values because all these things are different in Asia, Africa, and the middle east.  I prefer to defend our way of life and not be forced to change to accommodate those who won't accept it.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

I guess the bit that was alien to me was having my photo taken by japanese girls who were not used to see many foreigners followed by a series of questions about what I liked or disliked about japanese culture.

Haha, this made me smile.  I had the same thing happen when I was in China.  Not so much in the bigger cities like Beijing or Shanghai, but in the smaller towns.  Everyone wants their picture taken with you or they hand you their babies to take pictures with.  A lot of them asked if I was a celebrity.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Anecdotally, I have mentioned once before how, long ago, when i was on an inter-city bus, a Black guy got on and sat down next to me. My initial emotional response was negative. Once he opened his mouth and started to talk, however, he had no accent, and his attitudes and opinions were not dissimilar to mine. I realized then it wasn't that he was black that had initially caused my unwelcome attitude, but that he was likely a foreigner. Once he revealed himself not to be I engaged with him as I would have anyone else. I have also mentioned before that I would rather take ten thousand Lebanese Christians than one thousand Lebanese Muslims. That is not a devotion to Christianity. I am secular and don't go to church except for funerals and weddings. But my belief is that Christians will likely assimilate within the next generation or so, and Muslims, with their values so hostile to mine, probably will not.

This is the issue for me too - how those religious beliefs translate into everyday life.

Someone who has been taught from infancy that women are to be in submission to men, be covered at all times or else they are whores, etc.......that translates into how they treat Canadian women when they get here.  That means they treat the female bank teller, female service person, female coworker, really any female they meet is treated very badly.  Same for homosexuals.  It's not just that they hate women or gays, they really feel they need to die.  Now.

Families that have been here for decades but still believe in honor killings, have killed their girls while in Canada.  They are not allowed by their own communities/families to assimilate.

They self-segregate into neighborhoods, mosques and cultural group gatherings that continue to fuel these religious beliefs.

I know not all who believe in Islam will do these things, but the underlying thinking doesn't seem to change once they arrive in Canada.

I'm sorry, but I lived in a high Muslim population neighborhood and I am extremely happy to have gotten out of there.  I don't think the politicians even have a clue as to what they are foisting on the Canadian people.  It's not Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau who has to live next to the man who smacks his wife across the head every chance he gets.  It's not Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau who has to serve or help a man who treats her like a piece of garbage.  I don't think they have any clue about how those religious beliefs translate into everyday life for the average Canadian.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kactus said:

I don't think anyone is asking about changing Canada to suit foreigners. I just find it a bit racist when someone posted here earlier that Canada is for judeo/ christians as if religion is the determinent factor of who belongs to the "club"...

But, that is EXACTLY what every politically correct, globalist Liberal wants to do - CHANGE this country.  It happens to be that the majority really IS of Judeo-Christian CULTURE, if not religion.  That culture may be loosely based on those religions, but in most of the country, religion is really no longer relevant to daily life.  Bending every rule under the sun to accommodate those who DO adhere to religious dogma really does destroy out culture as it stands.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hot enough said:

That was likely what they were studying at school. Why would a handsome man/beautiful woman like you be bugged by getting your pic taken?

I am just trying to emphasise that the cultures of the Far East or atleast Japanese that I am familiar with are very homogenous. There are not that many foreigners especially in smaller towns. There is nothing wrong with having photos taken or asking many questions. It was just new to me. I love these people but personally would not want to live there permanently. It's just a matter of choice...

Just now, kactus said:

I am just trying to emphasise that the cultures of the Far East or atleast Japanese that I am familiar with are very homogenous. There are not that many foreigners especially in smaller towns. There is nothing wrong with having photos taken or asking many questions. It was just new to me. I love these people but personally would not want to live there permanently. It's just a matter of choice...

They are not just "homogenous" they are very much a closed society.  You can live there, but good luck on your grandchildren every becoming citizens.

3 minutes ago, cannuck said:

But, that is EXACTLY what every politically correct, globalist Liberal wants to do - CHANGE this country.  It happens to be that the majority really IS of Judeo-Christian CULTURE, if not religion.  That culture may be loosely based on those religions, but in most of the country, religion is really no longer relevant to daily life.  Bending every rule under the sun to accommodate those who DO adhere to religious dogma really does destroy out culture as it stands.

I personally don't think it has anything to do with religion. Yes there are those fanatics and unfortunately the spotlight is on muslims these days that use the religion for tge end game. 

However, my point of contention is with those who use the religion in the context to divide people into those who can assimiliate into the canadian culture and those who cannot. This is quite a dangerous path and prescriptive for excluding non judeo/christians ftom being a canadian just because tgey don't belong to that category. Why can we not have a system to identify good from bad apples instead of resorting to such divisive tactics that incites xenophobic tendencies against other groups?

5 hours ago, Argus said:

In the latest government projections the number of immigration visas allotted to Europe has fallen and the number allotted to the middle east has risen. A cynic might suggest that has something to do with the wholehearted electoral support the Muslim community showed to the Liberal party last election, despite government data showing immigrants from the middle east are the least economically successful immigrants to Canada.

There is no doubt about it that Canada is on a white genocidal racial suicide. Bringing in approx. 80% of your new immigrants from non-white countries tells all. Bringing in approx 30,000 Syrian so-called refugees just recently is the writing on the wall. Unfortunately for Canada, and lucky for the liberals is that most white Canadians obviously have difficulty reading. Aw well. 

Edited by taxme

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Unfortunately for Canada, and lucky for the liberals is that most white Canadians obviously have difficulty reading. Aw well. 

It's hard to tell whether you hate White people or like them sometimes.  No matter, your views are overrepresented on this forum and would not be picked up by any party hoping for election.

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

Discrimination on immigration policy is necessary for a country to defend it's historic culture.  Many countries do this.   It is not racist.  It is common sense to only have immigration that is going to protect one's culture and civilization.  

Bringing in so many different cultures, religions,languages,traditions and heritages is a recipe for ending a countries historic culture, values and ways of life. So true, that to preserve one's culture and civilization is to only bring in people from your own background countries who hold the same values and ways of life and beliefs as you do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Bringing in so many different cultures, religions,languages,traditions and heritages is a recipe for ending a countries historic culture, values and ways of life. So true, that to preserve one's culture and civilization is to only bring in people from your own background countries who hold the same values and ways of life and beliefs as you do.  

This country was founded on 3 cultures and until recently it was the French Canadians that were going to destroy Canada.  I would call your plaint "crying (General) Wolfe"

33 minutes ago, cannuck said:

They are not just "homogenous" they are very much a closed society.  You can live there, but good luck on your grandchildren every becoming citizens.

Let me take a wild guess:  you haven't really spent any time there, have you?  You certainly have no understanding of their culture.

I didn't say it was impossible, I just said "good luck".  Japanese are about the most discriminating racists on the planet, but there are several other countries that try the best to catch up. 

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

There is no doubt about it that Canada is on a white genocidal racial suicide. Bringing in approx. 80% of your new immigrants from non-white countries tells all. Bringing in approx 30,000 Syrian so-called refugees just recently is the writing on the wall. Unfortunately for Canada, and lucky for the liberals is that most white Canadians obviously have difficulty reading. Aw well. 

No worries....Canada's government has provided a racist government standard for "visible minorities" that permits all Syrians to be classified as "white".

Syrians in Canada have fought to join the "white" Euro's only club and race labels  in Canada since the 1930's.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/concepts/definitions/minority01a

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Let me take a wild guess:  you haven't really spent any time there, have you?  You certainly have no understanding of their culture.

I didn't say it was impossible, I just said "good luck".  Japanese are about the most discriminating racists on the planet, but there are several other countries that try the best to catch up. 

Absolutely wrong again. Go for the trifecta. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's hard to tell whether you hate White people or like them sometimes.  No matter, your views are overrepresented on this forum and would not be picked up by any party hoping for election.

I like Canadians who use common sense and logic, and despise those who do not. There is no party out there that I would really want to vote for. They are all too politically correct and too multicultural for me. All party's appear to be more in favor of changing the make up of this country, and to make it appear more representing of the rest of the world. And most members here appear to be all in favor of just that. A big mistake that their children and especially their grandchildren will pay for one day. They gave their country away so has to look oh so diverse. Way the go. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kactus said:

I personally don't think it has anything to do with religion. Yes there are those fanatics and unfortunately the spotlight is on muslims these days that use the religion for tge end game. 

However, my point of contention is with those who use the religion in the context to divide people into those who can assimiliate into the canadian culture and those who cannot. This is quite a dangerous path and prescriptive for excluding non judeo/christians ftom being a canadian just because tgey don't belong to that category. Why can we not have a system to identify good from bad apples instead of resorting to such divisive tactics that incites xenophobic tendencies against other groups?

That is a very good and appropriate question.

With the idiotic idea of simply bringing everyone who will likely vote Liberal into the country, the foreign services simply don't vet very well. They are also swamped with the very unrealistic quantities they must process.  Even if they did, it is not much different from how some applicants learn the rules of how to get a job or get into an institution of higher learning - you simply lie.   Many Asian cultures, for instance, place very little value on what to us is absolute "truthfulness" as the end to them justifies any means.   I have business interests in India, and can tell you that the "truth" there is only a pipe dream.  China (for different reasons - i.e. theirs is a contextual language) can be even worse.   For example:  many grad schools simply trash most applications from China since literally every one has perfect scores, perfect references, perfect EVERYTHING - simply because they know that would be preferred - thus those institutions miss out on the genuinely very high quality of the applicants they passed on out of hand.

What may help to understand the situation is that our foreign services (and pretty much the entire domestic bureaucracy of Canada) is there to seek out and direct business opportunities to Quebec, not to be bothered with keeping jihadists and drug dealers out.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This country was founded on 3 cultures and until recently it was the French Canadians that were going to destroy Canada.  I would call your plaint "crying (General) Wolfe"

The french Canadians are destroying Canada by bringing and have always been behind the immigration of more third world immigrants into the rest of Canada, and their trying to destroy WASP Canada.  And the french have pretty much protected their own language and culture from pretty much disappearing thanks to their making quebec a french speaking only province. The rest of English Canada won't do it. Too scared too. But maybe in time the french will be taken over by the third world just like the rest of Canada will be down the road. Maybe you want to liken it to crying wolf but I am not. The third world wolf is starting to blow the English Canada door down, and soon will be inside.  

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Actually liberals and lefties are trying to change Canada to suit foreigners.  That is one of Trudeau's main goals.

Some of the immigrants bring a militant religion to Canada and do in fact demand that accommodations be made for them.  My comment saying Judeo-Christian culture should a basis for immigration also includes western culture and practices such as western respect for human rights, women, our parliamentary system of democracy, basic freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion.  Using the term Judeio-Christian culture does not imply everyone has to be Jewish or Christian.  That's where you err.   It is a general term to differentiate the west from eastern cultures such as in the middle east, India, Asia, or Africa.  It has been the founding culture in North America for 500 years.  Liberals want to erase that history and claim we are an amalgamation of all religions and cultures from every corner of the world, probably in order to grab votes. The term is simply a way of describing the historic reality of the dominant founding Canadian or American culture.  If you want to deny that and say that history doesn't count, then you are denying everything we have such as our judicial system, parliamentary system, basic human values because all these things are different in Asia, Africa, and the middle east.  I prefer to defend our way of life and not be forced to change to accommodate those who won't accept it.

You speak very good common sense and logic language. People like you are hard to find. Liberals and their emotionalism and foolish talk sadly appear to be in the majority in Canada. They appear to be eating to much of the politically correct language pie I guess?  Aw well. 

• Like 1