Presidential alternative fact thread

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

What do you call it when somebody repeatedly misspeaks, even after being corrected many times? He misspoke the same misinformation during the election and was consistently corrected. Yet he continues to misspeak and rely on other people to relate their "alternative understanding" of what he really, really meant.

Look, he said "highest murder rate", when he clearly meant "highest increase in murder rate"  - big deal!  The media knows it as evidenced by the last line of the article - you're simply being manipulated.

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Look, he said "highest murder rate", when he clearly meant "highest increase in murder rate"  - big deal!  The media knows it as evidenced by the last line of the article - you're simply being manipulated.

Don't you find it frustrating that he keeps repeating it, even though you both know it's not true?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-murder-rate-debunked-2017-2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It's enough that he keeps making shit up, you don't need to do it for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Why does he keep making the same mistake? Why doesn't he correct himself or at least stop saying it? Why doesn't he ever correct any of his bullshit? Why does he need people like you to do it for him? Who is being manipulated here?

Edited by Wilber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

You, Impact, Omni, and Bubber are nothing but trolls,  Hear that MH, I called them trolls!  It would be nice to get some real discussion, you you people just won't have anything to with that.  If you actually read and understood the article, you'd notice that.  It's willful ignorance. 

Do you think it's willful ignorance to refuse to address the fact that he has "misspoken" the same line repeatedly, as I cited? Why won't  you address that? What is trolly about a simple, relevant question?

Edited by BubberMiley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

And I would suggest the "misspeak" was in fact intentional in order to effect just the type of manipulation you refer to. If people don't bother to fact check they might end up crawling under the bed and hope their boy can fix a problem that doesn't exist.

5 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Here's the democratic leadership boldfaced lying

And here's another democratic leader lying to the american people - WoW, you go girls!

Strangely enough, this isn't getting 24 hr. airplay

Now if she repeatedly said "Korea" instead of "Crimea" after being corrected, and if there were some discernible motive behind making that mistake repeatedly, then those would be comparable situations. I bet if you pointed out to her that she probably meant Crimea, she would agree and say she misspoke. It would be strange if, after being corrected, she just kept repeating it. In the meantime, why do you think Trump repeatedly misspeaks the same line and doesn't acknowledge it or correct himself? Is asking that question uncomfortable for you to answer and therefore trolly?

20 hours ago, Wilber said:

Why do you keep making stuff up that people never said and ignoring what they actually did say? You are saying he took one statistic and used it to claim  the country's murder rate is at a 47 year high. A completed falsehood.

There are only two explanations here. 

1: He deliberately told a bald faced lie.

2: He really doesn't know WTF he is talking about.

Take your pick.

I think I will add one more to you list

As well as a pathological lier he really sucks at what he does. Way past incompetency threshold.

During Donald Trump's last minute press conference today Trump offered the following alternative fact: "I guess it’s the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan", while the real facts are:

• Donald Trump 2016: 306
  • Barack Obama 2012: 332
  • Barack Obama 2008: 365
  • Bill Clinton 1996: 379
  • George H. W. Bush 1988: 426

At Donald Trump's rally in Florida this evening he presented this alternative fact: "You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this? Sweden, they took in large numbers, they are having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening Brussels, you look at what's happening all over the world", while the real fact is that nothing happened in Sweden last night. This is just more of the alternative facts about crime soaring in Sweden in recent years, while the real facts in the Crime Survey shows that it has remained relatively flat over the past decade.

At Donald Trump's rally on Saturday he spoke the following alternative fact: “They were close to signing a $4.2 billion deal to have a new Air Force One. Can you believe this? I said, ‘No way.’ I said, ‘I refuse to fly in a $4.2 billion airplane. I refuse.’ We got that price down by over $1 billion, and I probably haven’t spoken, to be honest with you, for more than an hour on the project. I got the generals in, who are fantastic. I got Boeing in. But I told Boeing it’s not good enough. We’re not going to do it. The price is still too high.”. Today we heard the real fact from Air Force Colonel Pat Ryder: “To my knowledge I have not been told that we have that information, I refer you to the White House”. A White House spokesman didn’t respond to repeated inquiries about Trump’s comments.

• Downvote 1

On 2/18/2017 at 10:02 PM, ?Impact said:

At Donald Trump's rally in Florida this evening he presented this alternative fact: "You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this?

Yes...I would believe it.   This is what happened in Sweden after Trump's comments:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39047455

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Someone said "Why aren't the Swedes reporting terror related crimes in their country?

Because, they are become Jihadists.

How Sweden became an exporter of jihad

Swedish leftists are traveling to Syria in large numbers, to help ISIS.

Many of these persons who goes from European countries to Syria-Iraq to help terror organizations are criminals. When a US citizen woman was murdered in Turkiye because of she rejected a male who wants to have sex with her, her murderer was taken by Turkish SF from Syria while figthing for terror organizations. Many of these persons are drug addicts and they are previously convicted of various crimes.

Edited by Altai

9 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, Trump didn't necessarily lie about Sweden. Maybe it was just unreported and he's he only person who knows about Sweden. How's that for some thinking?

Or he was just speaking figuratively, using colourful language. But it's not important enough to carry on discussing. There must be an important problem to discuss about Trump out there, somewhere.

6 hours ago, Altai said:

Many of these persons who goes from European countries to Syria-Iraq to help terror organizations are criminals. When a US citizen woman was murdered in Turkiye because of she rejected a male who wants to have sex with her, her murderer was taken by Turkish SF from Syria while figthing for terror organizations. Many of these persons are drug addicts and they are previously convicted of various crimes.

I always suspected that terror groups like ISIS are getting people to join them who are desperate, people who feel they have no future. Criminals certainly fall into that category.

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

When Trump said there were voters fraud - he wasn't making any alternative facts!

Let us see. 82 votes cast, how many of those votes were in the federal election? No Trump was making up 3.5 million - something less than 82 alternative facts. We have also seen that so far most of the illegal voters caught have been Republicans.

Edited by ?Impact