Thus Week in Political Correctness

drummindiver

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Show me where I did that. I'm far more likely to point out the fact ISIS thugs are conservative because it just speaks for itself .

They might be religious conservatives but they are certainly leftists, because they want to create a totalitarian state with a supreme leader. The innslamofacists

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So they are LEFTIST and FASCIST ?

Yeah, as George Bush famously said. Bush meant that they use a cult of personality as a symbol of supreme power. For the Islamofascists it can be someone like the Ayatollah, or in the case of ISIS, the Caliph. It is totalitarian, completely pervading all aspects of society right down to the very conduct of people.

30 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah, as George Bush famously said. Bush meant that they use a cult of personality as a symbol of supreme power. For the Islamofascists it can be someone like the Ayatollah, or in the case of ISIS, the Caliph. It is totalitarian, completely pervading all aspects of society right down to the very conduct of people.

I think Inverted Totalitarianism is actually more accurate.   Trump is the perfect leader for that.   

In inverted totalitarianism, every natural resource and every living being is commodified and exploited to collapse as the citizenry is lulled and manipulated into surrendering their liberties and their participation in government through excess consumerism and sensationalism

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Trump is the perfect leader for that.   

Yes, using natural resources to stimulate jobs drives leftists nuts. To get the resources to market gets you Standing Rock, which is the most ridiculous leftist initiative now.

Ya  dont think saying Trump is going to cause personal/commercial collapse is not a tad hyperbolic?

Edited by drummindiver

1 minute ago, Cum Laude said:

So they' ve  fired more than one teacher because of nonsense? Arbitrarily with no recourse?

They are even worse than I thought.

30 minutes ago, Cum Laude said:

So I guess this reveals a need for teacher unions?

We have employment laws and standards here in Ontario,  plus they have union. Overkill I'd say.

I don't know the provincial laws in BC, bit if they can fire anybody because a teenage girl cries overy hearing  the word  abortion ,  then yes,   they need a union.  And I hate unions.

Edited by drummindiver

55 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Yes, using natural resources to stimulate jobs drives leftists nuts. To get the resources to market gets you Standing Rock, which is the most ridiculous leftist initiative now.

I'm sure we can continue on for a while longer using natural resources to support our consumer society.   Eventually, we'll have to pay the environmental price.    The bill is already coming due*, many governments are taking it seriously and seeking to mitigate* the effects of our lifestyle.   That some people are willing to stand up and say no more to this kind of destruction is only going to benefit future generations.    To put it into a "money" framework you might understand, there were people warning about the housing/financial crisis of 2008 before it happened, but the greedy/selfish/stupid ignored, dismissed and denied.   Environmental damage warnings are no different, but you are so busy following right-wing media, you think it's all lies.   Among the legion of greedy, selfish and stupid, which category are you?  

Ya  dont think saying Trump is going to cause personal/commercial collapse is not a tad hyperbolic?

I think the government he's forming is certainly more capable and more likely than most governments of achieving a stupendous crash; whether or not it happens, I couldn't say.   Part of me hopes he does, just so I can watch dummmies come up with excuses why it was 'somebody else' who is at fault, despite all the warnings they've had.   Most of me hopes he doesn't, because of the hardship so many people would endure.

*Studies from 2008 and 2014, so no blaming JT

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So ISIS is progressive.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I'm sure we can continue on for a while longer using natural resources to support our consumer society.   Eventually, we'll have to pay the environmental price.    The bill is already coming due*, many governments are taking it seriously and seeking to mitigate* the effects of our lifestyle.   That some people are willing to stand up and say no more to this kind of destruction is only going to benefit future generations.    To put it into a "money" framework you might understand, there were people warning about the housing/financial crisis of 2008 before it happened, but the greedy/selfish/stupid ignored, dismissed and denied.   Environmental damage warnings are no different, but you are so busy following right-wing media, you think it's all lies.   Among the legion of greedy, selfish and stupid, which category are you?  

I think the government he's forming is certainly more capable and more likely than most governments of achieving a stupendous crash; whether or not it happens, I couldn't say.   Part of me hopes he does, just so I can watch dummmies come up with excuses why it was 'somebody else' who is at fault, despite all the warnings they've had.   Most of me hopes he doesn't, because of the hardship so many people would endure.

*Studies from 2008 and 2014, so no blaming JT

There is no doubt that we have to work towards sustainable energy. Does that mean we stop living until then? I don't think so.

Are the sustainables  at the level we need them to be? How much of the Amazon and other rain forest has been cleared for Palm oil, thought to be a sustainable?

44 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Wrong.

While Communism can be called authoritarian (controls all aspects of life) not all authoritarian are communist ie Sharia.

My question was why you are calling 'killing for not following dogma' leftist.  This response indicates that it is not leftist.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

There is no doubt that we have to work towards sustainable energy. Does that mean we stop living until then? I don't think so.

I agree, there has to be a way to move towards sustainable energy, without putting our whole economy at risk.   But it is the people who protest who bring attention to these issues, else we'd all be racing ever more quickly toward a cliff because we certainly can't trust Big Business to let us know where that cliff edge is.

Are the sustainables  at the level we need them to be? How much of the Amazon and other rain forest has been cleared for Palm oil, thought to be a sustainable?

Perhaps we could meet the sustainables half-way, so to speak, and aggressively pursue policies that reduce consumerism.   Do we really need huge malls with dozens or hundreds of stores that provide essentially the same products and with little variance in price?   Should we have a limit on family cars - one per, unless you demonstrate why you need two (or three or four)?    Should an excellent transit system be a primary focus of governments so we can reduce the need for private vehicles?    Can we start teaching people that 'shopping' shouldn't be their primary entertainment?

I'm sure there's a lot more that could be done in terms of changing social behavior that would help, but no government currently in power is really going to tackle the issue - the 'cliff' is still a little too distant.  Right now, it's all focused on 'preventing' exploitation, which is good, but I do not think it's the whole answer.

Edited by dialamah
typo

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

My question was why you are calling 'killing for not following dogma' leftist.  This response indicates that it is not leftist.  Thanks.

How so? 

Your queation is what is leftist about islamfasism. 

My response is  killing for not following dogma.

Do you really need a history lesson?

If we did a body count ftom when the term was founded just  one leftist dictator killed more than all the right  put together. .

ergo

Edited by drummindiver

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here's a recap:

Me: What's leftist about radical Islam ?

You: Killing for not following dogma.

Me: That's not leftism, that's authoritarianism.

You: No, authoritarianism is not just leftist.

Now we seem to have gone backwards again.

How about actual quotes?

mh:So they are LEFTIST and FASCIST?

OftenWrong talk about Islamfasism. 

mh:What is leftist about it now?

dd: Killing for not following dogma

mh:that's authoritarian which crosses party lines

dd: Wrong.While communism can be called authoritarian not all authoritarian can be called communism ie Sharia.

Nice misrepresenting. Michael Moore would be proud.

•