Thus Week in Political Correctness

drummindiver

6 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

This can be extrapolated to the real world where the bakery did not  want gays as customers.

I can assume you are suggesting this to be a right wing response?

In this case it was the bakery owners who were the snowflakes.   They were triggered by those horrible gays and demanded that they not have to cope with the real world, which includes gay people.

Edited by dialamah
Typo

19 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

This can be extrapolated to the real world where the bakery did not  want gays as customers.

I don't understand the question.

The statement I was interested in regarded ignoring complaints from snowflakes, and apparently Nazis as customers.

40 minutes ago, dialamah said:

In this case it was the bakery owners who were the snowflakes.   They were triggered by those horrible gays and demanded that they not have to cope with the real world, which includes gay people.

You are absolutely right.

The left are usually considered to be snowflakes however,  so is this a same on same crime? 

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The statement I was interested in regarded ignoring complaints from snowflakes, and apparently Nazis as customers.

I dont understand your comment.

The right would sell to Nazi.  

The left would sell to Nazi. 

Look at history for proof.

As for complaints?  

Both would listen to complaints. Busines is business.

Edited by drummindiver

11 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

I dont understand your comment.

The right would sell to Nazi.  

The left would sell to Nazi. 

Look at history for proof.

As for complaints?  

Both would listen to complaints. Busines is business.

Ok I don't remember Nazi stores but I suppose that is one solution.  I thought you said to ignore complaints from snowflakes but this approach makes more sense to me.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What if your customers are snowflakes?

What if your customers didn't like an openly gay guy at the counter? Would you move him to the back of the shop, maybe, if it was costing you business?

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 9:38 PM, drummindiver said:

Stop using your hand, take a shower, and engage in yoga. I am dead serious.  The world has always been out of your control. How you choose to find your own order in it begins and ends with you not fretting over what others think. The middle is always there for you if you choose it. Stop looking to make other people fit in your middle and work on keeping yourself there. Your world does not just have to be   a hand job.

4 hours ago, drummindiver said:

I'd suggest it was more likely a conservatively religious response that right-wingers defend by default. They'd automatically be flakes if they didn't. 

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok I don't remember Nazi stores but I suppose that is one solution.  I thought you said to ignore complaints from snowflakes but this approach makes more sense to me.

Okay.

Michael,  I feel triggered that you don't agree. Please excuse yourself from Mapleleafweb.  No severance. 

I need a safe place. And a hug

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Stop using your hand, take a shower, and engage in yoga. I am dead serious.  The world has always been out of your control. How you choose to find your own order in it begins and ends with you not fretting over what others think. The middle is always there for you if you choose it. Stop looking to make other people fit in your middle and work on keeping yourself there. Your world does not just have to be   a hand job.

You realize the irony of telling me what not to do while telling me what to do?

I think I liked it better when yoI had me on ignore.

2 hours ago, drummindiver said:

Hmmm.

Counter intuitive as right wingers are for open trading.

I don't see much compromise, mostly just some duty/compulsion to combust at the turn of every PC peccadillo you come across and flame anyone who's otherwise chillin'.  You're like fighters in ISIS that are running around demanding their victims quote the Koran or else.

5 hours ago, drummindiver said:

You realize the irony of telling me what not to do while telling me what to do?

I think I liked it better when yoI had me on ignore.

No irony or contradiction actually. It's about  identifying what one can and can not control and concentrating on that which can be controlled.

Treat people the way you want to be treated and you'd be surprised the positive revolution that can start. Demonstrate moderation and you'd be surprised how it can influence others to be that way too. 

By the way I didn't nor have I ever had you or anyone else on ignore.  

Edited by Rue

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I am not interested in what any one of us would do.  I am more interested in people's principles on the topic.

Why are the two distinct?  I am far more interested in what people do not what they say they are going to do. Thus my respnses ro DD.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Exactly.  The customer, most certainly, is not always right.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

1 hour ago, Rue said:

No irony or contradiction actually. It's about  identifying what one can and can not control and concentrating on that which can be controlled.

Treat people the way you want to be treated and you'd be surprised the positive revolution that can start. Demonstrate moderation and you'd be surprised how it can influence others to be that way too. 

By the way I didn't nor have I ever had you or anyone else on ignore.  

You do realize none of us can control anything we are discussing on this forum? 

You don't like x. I don't like y. You judge me for my opinions. Same for me. Yet on we go.

I treat ppl the way I am treated.

I'm sorry Rue,  but I've read enough of your posts to tell you that you are in no position to preach moderation. 

Edited by drummindiver

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't see much compromise, mostly just some duty/compulsion to combust at the turn of every PC peccadillo you come across and flame anyone who's otherwise chillin'.  You're like fighters in ISIS that are running around demanding their victims quote the Koran or else.

Says the ball who implodes at any mention of calling out those same ISUL thugs.....and of course then resorts to ad hoc.