Manspreading

We need a thread to discuss the terrible plague of Manspreading that is infecting our society!

Btw, the above statement is sarcasm (I probably have to say this or Michael will delete this thread).

What is manspreading?

Apparently it is this:
manspreading14-c84ca7ae0350841d96977604c

Or this:
Man-Spreading.jpg

Yes apparently men are spreading their legs too much when riding transport. Not only does this take up more space, but according to leading 3rd wave feminists and social justice warriors it is a form of pecocking and men imposing their patriarchal dominance on females by presenting their junk.

This is apparently such a problem that New York City has made manspreading illegal. Not only that, but arrests have been made. Now of course the cops are primarily arresting blacks and latinos, and they make arrests at midnight when the buses are primarily empty, but that's just a minor detail.
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/nypd-is-now-arresting-people-for-manspreading-their-legs-too-wide-on-subways/

To combat manspreading, feminists on tumblr and elsewhere have been publicly shaming men in cities such as London, New York and Toronto for manspreading via taking pictures and posting them online.

In all seriousness, feminism has long passed the point of 'fighting for equality' and now because fighting against the patriarchy for women's rights is the raison d'etre for so many people, they have to make up problems.

Dear 3rd wave feminists (male, female or other) and SJWs, you may not have noticed this but men have these things called testicles. They are male reproductive organs that are located between the legs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle. Due to these organs, it is extremely uncomfortable not to have your legs somewhat apart while sitting if you are male.

Not only that but there is an issue of stability. Men have a higher centre of gravity. Due to that, they have a greater moment of inertia for a given mass https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia. Not only that but men have smaller hips relative to their body mass compared to women. To compensate this and to avoid falling on those around you, one needs to have legs somewhat apart while sitting on a moving vehicle. This is not only an issue for men but for women that have greater upper body strength and relatively slim builds.

I can understand complaining about manspreading if someone has their legs like 180 degrees apart, but 30 degrees apart? Seriously? Has our society become so misandric that we have to publicly shame men for existing and having testicles or higher centers or gravity?

Edited by -1=e^ipi

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men have testicles if we sit with legs together it hurts our testicles. Well I can only speak for myself. I have large testicles so maybe I'm the exception and not the rule I'm not sure. I can only speak from personal experience. I almost never take public transit since I own a car but I spread where ever i sit down. I must or I will crush my manhood.

Not only is a certain degree of spread necessary, standing up only to shake them out and reposition, then sit down a little wider than before is also sometimes required. I just measured it, and in order to sit comfortably in my office chair, a minimum of 38 cm of spread between my knees is needed.

Dear 3rd wave feminists (male, female or other) and SJWs, you may not have noticed this but men have these things called testicles. They are male reproductive organs that are located between the legs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle. Due to these organs, it is extremely uncomfortable not to have your legs somewhat apart while sitting if you are male.

Not only that but there is an issue of stability. Men have a higher centre of gravity. Due to that, they have a greater moment of inertia for a given mass https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia. Not only that but men have smaller hips relative to their body mass compared to women. To compensate this and to avoid falling on those around you, one needs to have legs somewhat apart while sitting on a moving vehicle. This is not only an issue for men but for women that have greater upper body strength and relatively slim builds.

I can understand complaining about manspreading if someone has their legs like 180 degrees apart, but 30 degrees apart? Seriously? Has our society become so misandric that we have to publicly shame men for existing and having testicles or higher centers or gravity?

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted. I'd suggest leaving the basement sometime and seeing how people actually sit.

Edited by Black Dog

Men have testicles if we sit with legs together it hurts our testicles. Well I can only speak for myself. I have large testicles so maybe I'm the exception and not the rule I'm not sure. I can only speak from personal experience. I almost never take public transit since I own a car but I spread where ever i sit down. I must or I will crush my manhood.

Parody account?

I have testicles. I assume they are roughly average sized (I've never taken them out to compare, but it would be a reasonable assumption based on my height, build and,uh, other factors). Unless I'm squeezing my thighs together as hard as possible with the berries pushed up in between, I have no problems at all with sitting with my legs together or only slightly akimbo (like two or three centimeters max). That's probably completely normal. The kind of space necessary for comfort is completely compatible with the space allotted to a single seat on a subway train/bus/streetcar and is certainly not the kind of thing described by the term "manspreading."

If your balls are so gigantic as to require up to a foot or more of space between your legs, I'd advise proceeding to a doctor as soon as possible because, brother, there's something real wrong with you.

Edited by Black Dog

If your balls are so gigantic as to require up to a foot or more of space between your legs, I'd advise proceeding to a doctor as soon as possible because, brother, there's something real wrong with you.

If you need 1-2' of space between your knees, you're probably suffering from elephantiasis and should get your sack drained and be put on antibiotics.

I have testicles. I assume they are roughly average sized (I've never taken them out to compare, but it would be a reasonable assumption based on my height, build and,uh, other factors). Unless I'm squeezing my thighs together as hard as possible with the berries pushed up in between, I have no problems at all with sitting with my legs together or only slightly akimbo (like two or three centimeters max). That's probably completely normal. The kind of space necessary for comfort is completely compatible with the space allotted to a single seat on a subway train/bus/streetcar and is certainly not the kind of thing described by the term "manspreading."

Agreed, this stems from assholes taking up two full spots on the bus sitting as though they were waiting to be, ah, serviced, yes, it is conceivable that men might need a bit more room for anatomical reasons, but not that much more.

BTW, I don't think the people in the pictures are spreading legs to far at all. Looks natural to me. If someone was trying to sit next to me I would close them somewhat but if no one is then who cares? Why care? If it's not hurting or affecting you in any way what does it matter? jealousy?

The first one you posted might be a little wider than necessary, but the second one is perfectly reasonable.