President Trump's cabinet

I'm hoping Trump will stick with his anti-Washington theme and make a bunch of cabinet posts from accomplished people in those fields who aren't well-established politicians.  He'll obviously need some in order to understand how the system works, though they could just be advisers.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

20 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Straightforward topic, who will Trump tap to help make America Great Again?

My picks:

Secretary of State - John Bolton

Secretary of the Treasury -  Speaker Newt Gingrich

Secretary of Defense- Sen. Jeff Sessions

Attorney General- Mayor  Rudy Giuliani

Secretary of the Interior- Gov. Sarah Palin

Secretary of Agriculture- Gov Ric Perry

Secretary of Commerce-  Gov. Chris Christie

Secretary of Labor- ???

Secretary of Health and Human services-  Dr Ben Carson

Secretary of Housing and Urban development- Gov Jan Brewer 

Secretary of Transportation- Donald Trump jr

Secretary of Energy- Sen. Bob Corker

Secretary of Education- ???

Secretary of Veterans Affairs- Gov. Mike Huckabee 

Secretary of Homeland Defense- Stephen Hadley 

White House Chief of Staff- Renice Priebus 

National Security Adviser- Retired Lt General Mike Flynn

White House Press Secretary- Kellyanne Conway

No one will make America great, better or worse.. That was just election rhetoric..

I can't see Newt Gingrich in Treasury either. He has no financial background.  I am sure Gingrich and Christie get something patronage yes but why assume cabinet posts. Also to even think Palin would be appointed to any Cabinet position is a joke.  She would have to learn how to use a paper clip..

Edited by Rue

On 11/10/2016 at 0:10 AM, Derek 2.0 said:

Straightforward topic, who will Trump tap to help make America Great Again?

My picks:

Secretary of State - John Bolton

Secretary of the Treasury -  Speaker Newt Gingrich

Secretary of Defense- Sen. Jeff Sessions

Attorney General- Mayor  Rudy Giuliani

Secretary of the Interior- Gov. Sarah Palin

Secretary of Agriculture- Gov Ric Perry

Secretary of Commerce-  Gov. Chris Christie

Secretary of Labor- ???

Secretary of Health and Human services-  Dr Ben Carson

Secretary of Housing and Urban development- Gov Jan Brewer 

Secretary of Transportation- Donald Trump jr

Secretary of Energy- Sen. Bob Corker

Secretary of Education- ???

Secretary of Veterans Affairs- Gov. Mike Huckabee 

Secretary of Homeland Defense- Stephen Hadley 

White House Chief of Staff- Renice Priebus 

National Security Adviser- Retired Lt General Mike Flynn

White House Press Secretary- Kellyanne Conway

Intriguing list, but largely beltway/CBC-style, same-old names.

====

Rather, I think that Trump will look for people who can produce/deliver.

Edited by August1991

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

Intriguing list, but largely beltway/CBC-style, same-old names.

====

Rather, I think that Trump will look for people who can produce/deliver.

First of all, while they may be the "same old names", keep in mind that it may not necessarily be a "good thing" to go with all-outsiders. Yes, it may be good rhetoric to dump on those who have been around, but running a government takes knowledge. The U.S. has already elected an incompetent bigot as president, do you really want to also fill the cabinet with a bunch of inexperienced neophytes who will will have to deal with a sharp learning curve?

Secondly, the question is do you really think Trump can pick people who can produce/deliver? Remember, this is a man who started a mortgage company, and when it failed (as so many of Trump's businesses have done) he started to blame the people he hired to run the place. Trump is the man who also claimed he "hand picked" the instructors at Trump University, yet its been found that one of the staff has a conviction for child molestation, and others have declared bankruptcy. It should also be noted that when Trump was campaigning, he appointed a council of economic advisors. That group had many business people, including one from (I think) Goldman Sachs, but was short on people with actual government budgeting. Simply put, Trump's record at picking people is poor.

Lastly, if a person was actually competent, why would they want to attach themselves to a Trump administration? Its estimated that Trump's economic policies would add Trillions to the debt. Many of his campaign promises were either poorly thought out or he flip-flopped. He's also prone to erratic behavior. If you attach yourself to that, and the S.S. Trump hits an iceberg, you may end up being the sacrificial lamb.

tIf his transition team is any indication of the kind of people we will see in cabinet, then I would say the alligaors are taking over the swamp. It seems that Trump wants corporate lobbyists to run the government. He picked Jeffrey Eisenach to set up the FCC, who better than the guy that lobbied for Verizon and other telcos. To set up the Department of Agriculture we have Michael Torrey, a lobbyist for the American Beverage Association and Dean Foods. For his "energy independence" we get Michael Catanzaro who lobbies for Devon Energy and Encana. The elites have been given the keys to the USA, thank you Trump supporters.

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

tIf his transition team is any indication of the kind of people we will see in cabinet, then I would say the alligaors are taking over the swamp. It seems that Trump wants corporate lobbyists to run the government.

But that can't be right! Trump was for the little guy. You had to trust him on that. It was Hillary that was the corporate shill!

Will Trump also go ahead and appoint the Special Prosecutor In Charge Of Jailing The Bitch, as he promised?

Mayor Rudy was suggesting yesterday that he might decide not to, for the sake of "healing the divide" or some such, but I think Republican voters really want this.

If Trump does go ahead with it, Ken Starr is looking for work! Starr just got fired as president of Baylor University for protecting rapist football players. He might be the man for the job.

-k