President Trump's cabinet

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

Either way, it looks like Christie is being put on the back burner, perhaps a nod to those protesting his position as chair of the transition team, now being chaired by Pence.  

Conway really deserves a lot of credit for this win, she out-manouvered Hillary to be sure.

OK, but Christie was up and down during the campaign before.   Conway did a fantastic job considering how hard it was to keep Trump on message.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why no praise for Kellyanne Conway, who is the first women to successfully lead a presidential political campaign in U.S. history ?

She's a miracle worker, no doubt, and she can probably write her own cheque wherever she goes next.

But I doubt she's going to get much love as a womens' icon, given her previous work attempting to get Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin elected.

-k

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

...plus whispers of Ayaan Hirsi Ali as UN Ambassador.

That would be so, so cool...

Edit> Of course, this is one case where you could definitely say her vagina played a part.  It being mutilated and all...

Edited by bcsapper

Another interesting name in the mix: Pam Bondi has been added to the "transition team" and could end up in the cabinet.

If that name rings a bell, it's because she's the Florida AG who "accidentally" received a donation from the Trump Foundation the same week that she decided that Florida would not participate in the multi-state lawsuit against Trump University.

#DrainTheSwamp!

-k

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes he can...just as President Ford pardoned Dick Nixon.  It is an enumerated power.

He could even pardon her for the murder of diplomats in Libya !

BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!!!!! PUT HER IN JAIL!!!!!

(this is apparently acceptable now)

3 hours ago, kimmy said:

She's a miracle worker, no doubt, and she can probably write her own cheque wherever she goes next.

But I doubt she's going to get much love as a womens' icon, given her previous work attempting to get Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin elected.

-k

You see, this is the thing, Kellyanne did miraculous things for Trump's campaign and was laughed at and treated like shit by the media (Don Lemon, Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell - just to name a few) and Democrats for it.  She showed nothing but grace and poise throughout, knowing all along that she was right.  If people want to look to a strong woman - look at Kellyanne Conway.

With that said, I don't know what talents or experience she has that would make her more suited to something other than Press Secretary.  

As long as John Bolton is involved, things will be fine.

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

With that said, I don't know what talents or experience she has that would make her more suited to something other than Press Secretary.  

And I don't think her grace or ego is even demanding that much, if anything.   She came in to a troubled campaign, got to work, and closed the deal, taking a lot of crap along the way (as you described).    Conway has been on the U.S. political/media scene for quite some time.  She has lost some battles too, and obviously learned from those experiences (e.g. Newt Gingrich 2012 campaign).  Conway is a veteran of these games.

40 minutes ago, Smallc said:

BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!!!!! PUT HER IN JAIL!!!!!

(this is apparently acceptable now)

Trump supporters chanted many things at their rallies, 'Burn it to the Ground' wasn't one of them. 'Lock her up', was.

Edited by DogOnPorch

14 hours ago, kimmy said:

If Palin is in cabinet I imagine she'd be in Energy, since the Trump administration energy policy will simply be "drill, baby, drill."

-k

Kimmy, you're so millenial.

=====

A guy born in 1948 just became US president using a low-cost method.

Edited by August1991

3 hours ago, Smallc said:

I wasn't lying about anything.  

Well, just the one I pointed out.

It's the dudes and dudettes that you're behind burning down the 7-11...not Trump supporters.

Drain the swamp...now that was a very common cheer. 1776 as well. But it was in regard to the Trump Revolution as opposed to setting a dumpster on fire or murdering cops.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

How do you know they were Trump supporters? MSM tell you?

How do you know the anarchists who burned a dumpster during the recent protests were Clinton supporters? We do know that the arsonists wrote "vote Trump" on the church they burned down, what was written on the dumpster?

19 hours ago, kimmy said:

Will Trump also go ahead and appoint the Special Prosecutor In Charge Of Jailing The Bitch, as he promised?

No. That was never more than hyperbole, to score points on a made-up 'scandal' which amounted to nothing.

Oh, some of the droolers who supported Trump and were eagerly looking forward to burning Clinton at the stake might be disappointed, but they'll get over it. As Trump said, he could shoot babies in the street and these people would just cheer him on.

18 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Chris Christie...demoted to secretary of shine my shoes. About an hour ago.

Christie looks more pathetic with each passing day. There's no slight, no humiliation he won't bear up under in desperate hopes of getting some kind of important title.

17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

To add: Trump pretty much has to keep his promises. He's not a regular candidate with sedate supporters.

Trump will simply deny having made any promises he doesn't want to keep, and most of his base will accept it.

16 hours ago, kimmy said:

Nonetheless, I really want to see the case go to trial, because first off it's a sickening and despicable abuse of political power that should make people-- especially "Drain the Swamp!" people-- sick to their stomachs.

I disagree. I think when Trump starts doing this sort of thing, and I fully expect him to, his supporters will cheer it on since it will be done against 'the enemy', ie, people and places deemed disloyal to Trump, and thus, AMERICA.