America under President Trump

11 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You're perfectly comfortable with a man-baby with dementia holding the nuclear football, just so long as Mcjob employment is high?

I'm only comfortable with the facts as we know them:
- US economy booming
- Employment up
- Wages up
- Donald Trump is president

13 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Not exactly booming,

That's a lie, and I don't even need to cite any proof of that because it's common knowledge.

and despite president Trump.

Two statements, two lies, and for the second time in a row I don't even need to cite any proof of that because it's common knowledge. You don't seem to have a relationship with the truth.

You're perfectly comfortable with a man-baby with dementia holding the nuclear football, just so long as Mcjob employment is high?

You just told two lies and now you're throwing down some sandbox insults in your attempt to malign the character of another man.

I'd call that extremely ironic (if I was being kind), but it's more accurately known as the liberal trifecta. You nailed it Bubber. 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, Realitycheck said:

The stock market is plummeting,

The stock market is responding to Trump standing up to China. Even Chuck "I hate Trump" Schumer supports it.

his tariffs are only making things more costly for Americans-especially his supporters the fools.

The cost of not doing anything is much higher in the long run. Listen to Chuck Schumer if you don't believe me.

Farmers are going bankrupt due to Chumpenomics.

No economy will be all aces for every single person in the country. You're looking at a small percent of farmers and acting as if they're the perfect example of what's happening in every sector, all across the US. 

Companies are threatening to leave the US taking jobs and tax base with them.  

Companies weren't threatening, they were leaving under Obama. He said there was no way to stop it. Trump did a good job of reducing it.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

That's a lie, and I don't even need to cite any proof of that because it's common knowledge.

Two statements, two lies, and for the second time in a row I don't even need to cite any proof of that because it's common knowledge. You don't seem to have a relationship with the truth.

You just told two lies and now you're throwing down some sandbox insults in your attempt to malign the character of another man.

I'd call that extremely ironic (if I was being kind), but it's more accurately known as the liberal trifecta. You nailed it Bubber. 

The stock market rising means nothing if you're making $20 an hour and trying to support a family. It's not booming for middle class people. It's failing miserably. And now they get to pay extreme tariffs on the basic goods they need. Good thing the billionaires got tax cuts though.

• Like 1

Chrystia Freeland will be back in Washington D.C this week to try and get Canada's economic tits out of President Trump's tariff wringer yet again.   She and her minions have repeatedly failed to get Team Trump to budge on steel and aluminum tariffs.   Mexico will also get in on the act, because the politically targeted countervailing tariffs against the U.S. have not had the desired impact on Congress....ineffective.   Canada and Mexico want to cut a deal to stop the bleeding.

20180616_AMD001_2.jpg

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2018/06/16/donald-trump-stomps-on-canadas-economy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

The stock market rising means nothing if you're making $20 an hour and trying to support a family. It's not booming for middle class people. It's failing miserably. And now they get to pay extreme tariffs on the basic goods they need. Good thing the billionaires got tax cuts though.

More Bubber lies. That's a shocker.

In a free market economy extremely low unemployment = shortage of workers = higher wages to keep the ones you got and to attract new ones.

The tax cuts for the middle class also help.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm not an American, and we make enough money here in Canada. The Canadian economy is in a precarious position right now though. It's at the top of a hill looking down sharply. Another Trudeau government would do irreparable damage.  

Crisis is an opportunity, chaos is a ladder.

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Chrystia Freeland will be back in Washington D.C this week to try and get Canada's economic tits out of President Trump's tariff wringer yet again.   She and her minions have repeatedly failed to get Team Trump to budge on steel and aluminum tariffs.   Mexico will also get in on the act, because the politically targeted countervailing tariffs against the U.S. have not had the desired impact on Congress....ineffective.   Canada and Mexico want to cut a deal to stop the bleeding.

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2018/06/16/donald-trump-stomps-on-canadas-economy

The Economist used to be worth reading, it's crap now.

If our government spent less time virtue signalling and a few minutes actually working for Canadians we likely wouldn't be in this mess.

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That sounds like something from "The Anarchist's Manifesto" if there is such a thing.

The anarchy of being an United Empire Loyalist Orangeman in the face of a pseudo Bolshevist police state run by corrupt Liberal elitist pretenders to the throne.

God save the Queen, down with the quasi communist enemies of the British Crown in North America.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The anarchy of being an United Empire Loyalist Orangeman in the face of a pseudo Bolshevist police state run by corrupt Liberal elitist pretenders to the throne.

God save the Queen, down with the quasi communist enemies of the British Crown in North America.

I guess I have to drink to that, because you said God Save The Queen, but I don't wanna get my name put on a "list" so I'm officially doing it under protest.

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I guess I have to drink to that, because you said God Save The Queen, but I don't wanna get my name put on a "list" so I'm officially doing it under protest.

Obviously if I signed the contract of unlimited liability to go over the top for Her Majesty,; I am prepared to be put on any lists the communists are keeping on dissidents or what have you.

United Empire Loyalist Orangeman; personal fealty to the monarch and no other, unto death as necessary.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Obviously if I signed the contract of unlimited liability to go over the top for Her Majesty,; I am prepared to be put on any lists the communists are keeping on dissidents or what have you.

United Empire Loyalist Orangeman; personal fealty to the monarch and no other, unto death as necessary.

I'm right behind you.

apiueqdfn__50142.1544550028.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, WestCanMan said:

The stock market is responding to Trump standing up to China. Even Chuck "I hate Trump" Schumer supports it.

The cost of not doing anything is much higher in the long run. Listen to Chuck Schumer if you don't believe me.

No economy will be all aces for every single person in the country. You're looking at a small percent of farmers and acting as if they're the perfect example of what's happening in every sector, all across the US. 

Companies weren't threatening, they were leaving under Obama. He said there was no way to stop it. Trump did a good job of reducing it.

Aside from Harley Davidson which threatened, un

der Chump, which didn't move...show me which other companies? Not that I blame them.

3 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

Aside from Harley Davidson which threatened, un

der Chump, which didn't move...show me which other companies? Not that I blame them.

Canada's CPP investment board moved too...moved to invest more in U.S. equity markets under Trump than in Canada, including corporations that run illegal immigrant detention centers.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has been lately these completely opposite-news of New abortion-laws in different states. This week there was news that Alabama practically bans abortion when as earlier this year New York state passed a law allowing a very late-term abortion. 

What stops people from travelling for tight abortion-law states to easier abortion-law states? Is it something about not covered by insurance and therefore costing a fortune? If not that then what? 

I wonder do the white conservative males who push for the tight abortion-laws think that there is not enough black crime in America. 

7 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

There has been lately these completely opposite-news of New abortion-laws in different states. This week there was news that Alabama practically bans abortion when as earlier this year New York state passed a law allowing a very late-term abortion.

There is more legislative activity on abortion to gain a case with standing for federal circuit and ultimately the U.S. Supreme Court to take a run at Roe v. Wade now that the bench is controlled by conservative justices (thanks to Trump).

What stops people from travelling for tight abortion-law states to easier abortion-law states? Is it something about not covered by insurance and therefore costing a fortune? If not that then what?

No, they can travel freely to other states and have often done so if only because of available clinics/doctors.   For years, thousands of Canadian women would cross the border to get abortions in the U.S., less so now with passport/pass card requirements. 

Travel costs can exceed the cost of a 1st trimester abortion, which can be $350 - $900 depending on the location/clinic.

I wonder do the white conservative males who push for the tight abortion-laws think that there is not enough black crime in America. 

Opposition to abortion is also expressed by a significant portion of African Americans, like other American groups.