America under President Trump

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump understands political spin better than most.  ["Orange One" is a violation of forum rules.]

That's why Trump is president, and Biden is not.

If the Democrats want to impeach, go for it.   What has taken them so long to do it ?    Remember the Mueller Report ?    Krickets.....

Impeachment would require a majority of  votes from the Senate and the Republican Senate has made it clear it would defend Trump at any cost even if it means smearing Romney, McCain, anyone who disagrees with Trump, left, right or middle.

18 minutes ago, Rue said:

Impeachment would require a majority of  votes from the Senate and the Republican Senate has made it clear it would defend Trump at any cost even if it means smearing Romney, McCain, anyone who disagrees with Trump, left, right or middle.

No....once again...for the umpteenth time....impeachment is the process of bringing and passing articles in the House, which are then tried in the Senate.  Two completely different things.   Also, it takes a 2/3rds Senate vote to convict/remove, not just a majority.

Bill Clinton was impeached...but he was found not guilty of two GOP passed articles in the house (perjury & obstruction).

Edited by bush_cheney2004

8 minutes ago, Rue said:

The fact that Trump is calling anyone corrupt with his record is a joke. That is not the issue though. His abusing the powers of POTUS is not justified by the fact Biden is either a corrupt individual or ahole or whatever, There are appropriate laws for investigating corruption and the President is not allowed to use his office as a police agency against one individual and he and every American is well aware of that.

The US Constitution could not be any clearer on the limits of Presidential power. If its President won't honour those limits its up to Americans to decide what happens. In Germany no one minded Hitler throwing out the constitution. Trump is doing the same thing. He may have no gas chambers but he is going about it with very little difference than any tin pot dictator does when seizing power.

This.  His stunt today claiming he should have immunity was disgraceful.  I dont think he understands the difference between presidents and emperors.  

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No....once again...for the umpteenth time....impeachment is the process of bringing and passing articles in the House, which are then tried in the Senate.  Two completely different things.

Bill Clinton was impeached...but he was found not guilty of two GOP passed articles in the house (perjury & obstruction).

Please don't engage me in semantics. As you and I are both aware the Senate has the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that specific purpose two-thirds of the  Senate Members present must vote in favour of his guilt. While the House of Representatives acts as the first stage or impeachment process to decide if there is enough evidence to try him for guilt for specific offences (impeachment)  its the Senate who votes on whether Trump is guilty. Nothing I said with due respect was incorrect. This is precisely why I said unless the Republican Senators put the law and their constitution first and Trump the partisan politician second, there will be no trial and he will continue to act as he does dragging down POTUS.

I did not think I would live to see the US have all the things great about its legal system urinated on and now destroyed so badly by one man relying on whipping up hatred in crowds. It is a sad spectacle. Then again I find it sad people cheer on Justin Trudeau so I suppose I can just take a sedative  and go hide in some dark corner and drool. Then again maybe Americans, even Republicans will wake up and have had enough one day of this insanity. Putin must be laughing his head off. It was one thing having pictures of Melania pissing on Trump in a bed-room now we have Donald pissing on the US full stage.

Edited by Rue

20 minutes ago, Rue said:

Nothing I said with due respect was incorrect. This is precisely why I said unless the Republican Senators put the law and their constitution first and Trump the partisan politician second, there will be no trial and he will continue to act as he does dragging down POTUS.

Actually, you were incorrect on two points....Senate vs. House...and majority vs. 2/3rds vote [ quote: Impeachment would require a majority of  votes from the Senate].

I did not think I would live to see the US have all the things great about its legal system urinated on and now destroyed so badly by one man relying on whipping up hatred in crowds. It is a sad spectacle. Then again I find it sad people cheer on Justin Trudeau so I suppose I can just take a sedative  and go hide in some dark corner and drool. Then again maybe Americans, even Republicans will wake up and have had enough one day of this insanity. Putin must be laughing his head off. It was one thing having pictures of Melania pissing on Trump in a bed-room now we have Donald pissing on the US full stage.

Sorry, but most Americans don't worry so much about your troubles in Canada.  Why are you so concerned about the United States ?

Is "pissing" better or worse than "blackface" for Putin's humour ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/07/opinions/donald-trump-should-resign-ghitis/index.html

A very well written article that i think trump should read.

I think Trudeau should also not be running again.  Sure he was young at the time but that does not excuse his actions.  

As for impeachment, yes 2/3 vote is needed to remove him from office, but that does not mean he would be exonerated from any wrong doings-as was the case with clinton.  

54 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

A very well written article that i think trump should read.

President Trump would rather tweet a snarky response to that kind of hit piece.   Trump ain't no Nixon.

The Trump haters don't get it...and they never will.   This is the throbbing attention that Trump lives for, and he has been doing it for 40 years....and the haters keep giving him what he wants.  

Another election season is upon America, and this is when Trump can pull out all the stops and have a really good time....again.

• Like 1

Check this out....President Trump is going to hold a MAGA campaign rally in lefty wackadoodle Minneapolis on Thursday, taking the fight right down Rep. Omar's throat (she is now getting divorced...again).    Over 100,000 people have requested tickets.   So the mayor told the police union they could not wear their uniforms at such events, so the cops/union created their own pro-Trump T-shirts just to rub it into the mayor's progressive face:

The Minneapolis police union has come out with a “Cops for Trump” T-shirt, just days after the Police Department banned officers from wearing their uniforms in support of candidates at political events or in ads.

Lt. Bob Kroll, head of the officers’ union, posted the T-shirt image on his personal Facebook page, saying the shirts will be for sale starting Monday at the union’s headquarters for $20 each and will soon be available online.

ows_15704142949021.jpg?auto=compress&cro

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-union-selling-cops-for-trump-t-shirts-day-after-ban-on-uniforms-at-political-events/562372802/

Edited by bush_cheney2004

13 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

From the comments, the city did not bitch about presidential visit expenses when Obama came to town....so why complain about Trump ?

That venue (Target Center) will be packed !    The mayor will just have to suck it.

28 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

From the comments, the city did not bitch about presidential visit expenses when Obama came to town....so why complain about Trump ?

That venue (Target Center) will be packed !    The mayor will just have to suck it.

Probably because Obama paid them?  Not everyone is a deadbeat like president chump.  

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Please clarify what was so offensive.

"president chump"

Forum rules...third party insults, to wit:

Do not use diminutives or character substitutions in proper names that are not recognized by the original person to whom the reference is being made. For example, former Prime Minister Stephen Harper does not identify himself as Stevie therefore, it is unacceptable to identify him as Stevie. Likewise, Paul Martin did not identify himself as Mr. Dithers, therefore, it is unacceptable to identify him as Mr. Dithers.

In the discussion forums, such infractions will be considered as third-party insults.

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/guidelines/

9 hours ago, Boges said:

Zelensky asks about Javelins and Trump immediately asks for a favour. 

Only speculation if you're wildly partisan. 

Not what happened. Zelensky asked about the Javelins and then like a minute later Trump asked for a favor, you cannot prove the two are related, you are just grasping at straws to claim Orange Man Done for the thousandth time.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry, but most Americans don't worry so much about your troubles in Canada. 

Troublemakers never give a shit about the trouble they make.

Why are you so concerned about the United States ?

Speaking for myself for much the same reason North Korea's neighbours feel concerned about living next door to a disturbed shit-disturber.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Troublemakers never give a shit about the trouble they make.

Speaking for myself for much the same reason North Korea's neighbours feel concerned about living next door to a disturbed shit-disturber.

Comparing America to North Korea in this regard is laughable. America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug.