America under President Trump

1 hour ago, Realitycheck said:

"Regardless" That means 57% to 60% disapprove. 

No it means that 51-56% disapprove, while 40-44% approve. His numbers at this point are fairly similar to Obama, who was re-elected. Just because only 40-44% approve according to polls doesn't mean you'll only get 40-44% of the vote, that's not how approval ratings work. You don't run against yourself, you run against an opponent, and the Democrat who wins the nomination isn't going to be a formidable opponent, so Trump is going to pull in a lot more 44% of the vote, bet that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No it means that 51-56% disapprove, while 40-44% approve. His numbers at this point are fairly similar to Obama, who was re-elected. Just because only 40-44% approve according to polls doesn't mean you'll only get 40-44% of the vote, that's not how approval ratings work. You don't run against yourself, you run against an opponent, and the Democrat who wins the nomination isn't going to be a formidable opponent, so Trump is going to pull in a lot more 44% of the vote, bet that.

Trumps approval ratings are nowhere near Obamas two years in. Obama approval was at 50.2%, Trump at 39.6%. Disapproval Trump 55.9%, Obama 43.3%.

Generally the approval ratings for most presidents are low I think. An approval rating of 40% is fairly typical. Trump's approval rating is remarkable because it holds up in the face of such intense media adversity. The negative PR he gets does not reflect in these polls. It's a mystery how he survives it, and not only survive, he does quite well in spite of it. Maybe even BECAUSE of it.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Generally the approval ratings for most presidents are low I think. An approval rating of 40% is fairly typical. Trump's approval rating is remarkable because it holds up in the face of such intense media adversity. The negative PR he gets does not reflect in these polls. It's a mystery how he survives it, and not only survive, he does quite well in spite of it. Maybe even BECAUSE of it.

His approval ratings hardly ever move because  the right wing, poorly educated crowd that support him don't know any better.

Just now, Owly said:

His approval ratings hardly ever move because  the right wing, poorly educated crowd that support him don't know any better.

As yes...deplorables. Dragging their knuckles and such. Oh, how I loath them...

According to early election polls it looks like Trump's buddy Netanyahoo has fallen behind. Some of the pundits claim it may have to do with his cozying up to Trump. I hope the trend carries on, I never liked Benjamin anyway, and he has some upcoming criminal proceedings to keep him busy.

2 hours ago, Owly said:

According to early election polls it looks like Trump's buddy Netanyahoo has fallen behind. Some of the pundits claim it may have to do with his cozying up to Trump. I hope the trend carries on, I never liked Benjamin anyway, and he has some upcoming criminal proceedings to keep him busy.

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug. As usual jumping the gun and assuming that politicians you don't like are doomed, sad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug. As usual jumping the gun and assuming that politicians you don't like are doomed, sad.

What in your mind is "sad" about wishful thinking. Oh yeah, you are a fan of the far right. I forgot.

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

What in your mind is "sad" about wishful thinking. Oh yeah, you are a fan of the far right. I forgot.

Wishful thinking can lead to faulty analysis, because you see what you want to see, instead of what actually is. Confirmation bias for the fail.

Calling you out on your wishful thinking doesn't make me a fan of the far-right, nor does defending Trump from the dumbest attacks on him.

Obvious demonizing strawman is obvious.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Wishful thinking can lead to faulty analysis, because you see what you want to see, instead of what actually is. Confirmation bias for the fail.

Calling you out on your wishful thinking doesn't make me a fan of the far-right, nor does defending Trump from the dumbest attacks on him.

Obvious demonizing strawman is obvious.

I'm (sort of) interested to hear what your "dumbest attacks" on Trump amount to. He certainly keeps providing fodder for valid attacks.

• Sad 1