America under President Trump

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, but you pick your battles with Trump very poorly, despite all the good material available to attack him for legit reasons, that's the funny part.

Trump is a reality-TV president. He is feeding these people exactly the kind of tasty garbage that they simply can't resist.

3 hours ago, Owly said:

You mean he is feeding his supporters the kind of tasty garbage they can't resist.

Which is enough to win elections, so the tasty garbage serves a purpose. 60% of the states preferred Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton was selling garbage too, but it wasn't as tasty outside of New York and California.

All politicians sell garbage, pretending that Trump is unique in this regard, is just a poor line of attack.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Constantly going after him for lying, when that's what politicians do. Baked into the cake, and you act like that's your number one beef, step your game up.

Constantly going after him for lying, when that's what politicians do. Baked into the cake, and you act like that's your number one beef, step your game up.

How can you not go after him for his lies when he spews a number of them every day? Do you just choose to ignore them?

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

How can you not go after him for his lies when he spews a number of them every day? Do you just choose to ignore them?

All politicians lie every day, stop acting this is new. I grade Presidents on a curve, not against saints who will never be elected President. I don't find Trump's lying to be particularly egregious and even if I did, it's still a weak argument when lying is baked into the cake.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Which is enough to win elections, so the tasty garbage serves a purpose. 60% of the states preferred Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton was selling garbage too, but it wasn't as tasty outside of New York and California.

All politicians sell garbage, pretending that Trump is unique in this regard, is just a poor line of attack.

Hello, who is in the white house now? I guess you must be far enough to the right to try and gloss over Trumps record lying

6 minutes ago, Owly said:

Hello, who is in the white house now? I guess you must be far enough to the right to try and gloss over Trumps record lying

I don't attack Obama for telling lies that helped him politically, I save my ammo for more important shit. I know how to pick my battles, you grasp at straws to attack politicians you don't like, for shit every politician does.

Acting like Hillary Clinton's lying is a huge deal, is an ineffective line of attack on Hillary Clinton too, same as it is in Donald Trump's case as well. 

I'm not using a double standard here, but you are. Your attempts to excuse your obvious double standard, by projecting that double standard on me, is flailing.

If you think the best ammo you have for attacking any politician, is that they are lying hypocrite, than you don't have any good reason to hate on that politician, or you'd have much better material than that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I don't attack Obama for telling lies that helped him politically, I save my ammo for more important shit. I know how to pick my battles, you grasp at straws to attack politicians you don't like, for shit every politician does.

You're free to pick your battles with Trump. Mine revolve around constant lying along with bigotry and racism. Perhaps you have no problems with any of those.

1 minute ago, Owly said:

You're free to pick your battles with Trump. Mine revolve around constant lying along with bigotry and racism. Perhaps you have no problems with any of those.

Bigotry and racism are all in your head. The lying is baked in the cake of politics, Trump or no Trump. You have nothing, hence the grasping for straws.

You focus on words and not actions, that is a huge mistake, and leads to grasping at straws. If you focused on actions, you'd have a much better case, but you focus on words, so your case is awful.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Not in my head, but obviously in Trumps.

Nope in yours. You can't point to a single example that proves your point, you just think you are a master mindreader, and can tell he's a racist bigot just by the way he talks, focusing on words instead of actions, AGAIN.

It's like you are a parody of a Trump Hater, conjured up by some right wing troll, to demonize the left with a ridiculous strawman, but you actually believe this nonsense. You are better at swaying the minds of swing voters to vote for Trump, than any Trump supporter could ever dream of, that's how counter-productive your anti-Trump spiel is.

If you think you are hurting Trump more than you are helping him with these spurious attacks, more wishful thinking.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Owly said:

Not in my head, but obviously in Trumps.

His latest demonstration was to try and order the military to block everyone who arrived at the border who have asylum claims automatically. Ordering the military to do something illegal under the country's constitution shows what an asshole he is. The military essentially gave him the middle finger, and rightly so.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Nope in yours. You can't point to a single example that proves your point, you just think you are a master mindreader, and can tell he's a racist bigot just by the way he talks, focusing on words instead of actions, AGAIN.

It's like you are a parody of a Trump Hater, conjured up by some right wing troll, to demonize the left with a ridiculous strawman, but you actually believe this nonsense. You are better at swaying the minds of swing voters to vote for Trump, than any Trump supporter could ever dream of, that's how counter-productive your anti-Trump spiel is.

The nit wits who vote for Trump will vote for him again regardless of what he does. In which case he will need to rely on the EC vote once again to elect him. The majority of the people don't.

His latest demonstration was to try and order the military to block everyone who arrived at the border who have asylum claims automatically. Ordering the military to do something illegal under the country's constitution shows what an asshole he is. The military essentially gave him the middle finger, and rightly so.

Border security isn't racist. You can argue he went about it in a way he shouldn't have, but you don't attack that, no, you pretend it's racist. You're the boy who cried wolf, and you've lost all credibility, even when there is a kernel of good complaint against Trump, you have to overreach and torpedo your entire argument.

Pick your battles better, pro tip.

The nit wits who vote for Trump will vote for him again regardless of what he does. In which case he will need to rely on the EC vote once again to elect him. The majority of the people don't.

The swing voters who are on the fence in 2020, are more likely to vote for Trump, the more his opposition grasps for straws to attack him. People like you, are going to get Trump re-elected, his core supporters are baked into the cake, but you are alienating the middle with the far-left screech fest, that's how Trump won in 2016 too, trolling his haters into counter-productive actions to alienate swing voters in key swing states.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Border security isn't racist. You can argue he went about it in a way he shouldn't have, but you don't attack that, no, you pretend it's racist. You're the boy who cried wolf, and you've lost all credibility, even when there is a kernel of good complaint against Trump, you have to overreach and torpedo your entire argument.

Pick your battles better, pro tip.

Re read my post. I actually did attack that. Apparently it went over your head.

Re read my post. I actually did attack that. Apparently it went over your head.

You focused on the racist part though, should have just left that out. That doesn't make your argument better, it makes it so much worse. Turning everything into "that's racist" is not helping your cause, and that is the shit that got Trump elected, and will get him re-elected.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Owly said:

I just happen to disagree with racism. Sorry.

Being the boy who cried racist, not a good look, I'd advise you to abandon that line of attack, if you really want to hurt Trump, instead of just virtue signaling your hate for him in a counter-productive way.

You can argue he's racist until you are blue in the face, it's not helping your argument, that might play with Trump Haters, but it does not play well with swing voters.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Being the boy who cried racist, not a good look, I'd advise you to abandon that line of attack, if you really want to hurt Trump, instead of just virtue signaling your hate for him in a counter-productive way.

When he stops demonstrating racism, I'll stop pointing it out. Fair enough?

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

When he stops demonstrating racism, I'll stop pointing it out. Fair enough?

He hasn't demonstrated racism, so you can stop any time now. The sooner, the better, in you case, though Trump wants you to keep going with your silly racist angle, no doubt, because that plays to his advantage.

The boy who cried racist, is very easy to run against, just ask Hillary.

Edited by Yzermandius19

He asked border guards to break the law because he doesn't like brown people. That's racism. It's also illegal.

He asked border guards to help slow the flow of illegal immigration, because he doesn't like illegal immigration, race is irrelevant. You want to debate his way of going about it, fine, but not racist, stop reaching.

Mexico is place not a race. Can't be racist against Mexicans, anymore than you can be racist against Canadians, not a race.

Just because most illegal immigrants happen to be "brown" doesn't mean the reason he's against illegal immigration is because they are mostly "brown" people. You have no proof of that, just lame mind reading based on overreactions to words, phrases and tone of voice.

Edited by Yzermandius19

He asked border guards to stop the flow of illegal immigration, because he doesn't like illegal immigration, race is irrelevant. You want to debate his way of going about it, fine, but not racist, stop reaching.

His way of going about it is against the law. Seeking asylum is not.