America under President Trump

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Interesting how, probably six months or so ago, Trump dupes would likely have been the most anti-communist people on the face of the planet. Now it seems Russian government officials can simply stroll at their leisure through the Oval Office, and Bubba doesn't mind.   

In Charlottesville on Saturday night, a White Supremacist group holds a rally and chants:  Russia is our friend.  

11 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Right....Trump admin has been talking to Canada also...so what ?   Lot of other nations too.

They didn't care so much when Hillary Clinton compromised classified email traffic on her private server.

If it was cool then why did Trump's stooges deny the reports yesterday? 

This didn't happen!. . . until Trump admitted it did this morning. 

No one is claiming he committed a crime. But his judgement is horrific. 

Now he may have committed a crime when he admitted he fired the FBI Chief because he was investigating him however. 

Edited by Boges

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Interesting how, probably six months or so ago, Trump dupes would likely have been the most anti-communist people on the face of the planet. Now it seems Russian government officials can simply stroll at their leisure through the Oval Office, and Bubba doesn't mind.   

To be fair, Liberals probably were a little less hateful to Russia/Soviet policies, but now that they may have influenced an election against them they're the devil. Enough Hypocrisy to go around. 

To be fair, Trump never said what or what kind of info he shared.  I would suspect that in any of these meetings certain info is shared, it's the nature of the information that's in question, and that we'll probably never know...unless, like with the Obama administration, a guy gets whacked immediately after being outed.

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

To be fair, Liberals probably were a little less hateful to Russia/Soviet policies, but now that they may have influenced an election against them they're the devil. Enough Hypocrisy to go around. 

During the 2012 election, when Mitt Romney said that Russia was the west's greatest geopolitical threat, many of us scoffed and said "come on... clearly it's Islamic terror."

For 3 and a half years, Republican supporters took great delight in pointing out that Romney was right.  Russia annexes Crimea? Romney was right! Russia takes in Edward Snowden? Romney was right! Russia massing troops on the border with Ukraine?  Romney was right!  Russia flexing its muscles in the Middle East? Romney was right!

That narrative shifted last summer.  Suddenly, around the time that people started talking about Trump's ties to Russia, Republican boosters stopped talking about how Romney was right and started talking about how Russians are great.  Russians are fun and friendly! They want to fight terrorists too! Expanding into Eastern Europe? Well?  What did Eastern Europe ever do for us? Wars are bad! Peace is good!  Let's be friends with Russia!

-k

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

How the hell do you get hypocrisy out of being PO'd that your democratic election could have been rigged? I think I do see some real hypocrisy though. 

3 hours ago, Boges said:

If it was cool then why did Trump's stooges deny the reports yesterday? 

This didn't happen!. . . until Trump admitted it did this morning.

Because Trump's "stooges" do not want to disclose exactly what was shared in the open (sources & methods).

I'm sure such information was shared with other nations, including Canada.

No one is claiming he committed a crime. But his judgement is horrific. 

Now he may have committed a crime when he admitted he fired the FBI Chief because he was investigating him however. 

Any president can fire his FBI director at any time...for any reason.   Comey served at the "pleasure of the president".

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Any president can fire his FBI director at any time...for any reason.   Comey served at the "pleasure of the president"

You have tried to flog that flimsy excuse before but it only sounds more desperate each time. Those who actually have legal backgrounds suggest this firing may well have been obstruction, and may well lead to impeachment hearings. And that is certainly not the only item which could do the same.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

In Charlottesville on Saturday night, a White Supremacist group holds a rally and chants:  Russia is our friend.  

So ?   It is their constitutional right to do so.   You gotta problem wit dat ?

Russia launches U.S. astronauts to the ISS...because the U.S. can't (for now).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So ?   It is their constitutional right to do so.   You gotta problem wit dat ?

Russia launches U.S. astronauts to the ISS...because the U.S. can't (for now).

Well then why not pass them all the classified information they want. Although there seems to be some of your folks who do have a problem wit dat. The Israeli's may have something to say on it as well.

2 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Some history belongs in museums, not on monuments. Especially not on monuments. 

As soon as it's okay to rewrite this part of history, what's stoppin' the rewriting of the rest? Not bloody much...rewrite away. 

So....Is Robert E Lee a figure to be despised by the mob? Does he deserve to be erased from the history books?

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

As soon as it's okay to rewrite this part of history, what's stoppin' the rewriting of the rest? Not bloody much...rewrite away. 

So....Is Robert E Lee a figure to be despised by the mob? Does he deserve to be erased from the history books?

By all accounts he was a decent person and he was certainly a great soldier. Unfortunately he made his reputation as a soldier fighting to maintain slavery as an institution. Not maintaining a monument to the man isn't rewriting history.

15 hours ago, Omni said:

Russia is not a communist country anymore. It is fast becoming much more freer than what Canada is becoming today. Just having communist outfits around like the Human Rights Commissions should tell all that Canada is not all for freedom of speech anymore, and Canadians will slowly start to lose that right. Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot would be proud of Canada today. We already have our own liberal bubba in Ottawa. What a joke he is fast becoming. 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Russia is not a communist country anymore. It is fast becoming much more freer than what Canada is becoming today. Just having communist outfits around like the Human Rights Commissions should tell all that Canada is not all for freedom of speech anymore, and Canadians will slowly start to lose that right. Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot would be proud of Canada today. We already have our own liberal bubba in Ottawa. What a joke he is fast becoming. 

Then move to Russia. Simple. Although, having been there, I could give you some insights, but you seem to have concocted your own "special" version so,"bon voyage"

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Then move to Russia. Simple. Although, having been there, I could give you some insights, but you seem to have concocted your own "special" version so,"bon voyage"

No way. Only cowards run away from the fight. Liberalism is the enemy, and I think that I will stick around and fight with those incompetent, intolerant, and bigoted far left extremists. So, tell me some juicy stories about Russia seeing that you say you have been there and have some insights as to what is really going on there because you know that I will be challenging you on whatever you throw up.  

1 minute ago, taxme said:

No way. Only cowards run away from the fight. Liberalism is the enemy, and I think that I will stick around and fight with those incompetent, intolerant, and bigoted far left extremists. So, tell me some juicy stories about Russia seeing that you say you have been there and have some insights as to what is really going on there because you know that I will be challenging you on whatever you throw up.  

I'll tell you one thing right up front, you flap your gums about Putin like you do about JT, you won't only find yourself being challenged on a website, you will find yourself in Siberia.

37 minutes ago, taxme said:

Russia is not a communist country anymore. It is fast becoming much more freer than what Canada is becoming today.

Russia is not a communist country any more. In fact, an argument could be made that it is a fascist country. Certainly fascists around the world seem enamored of Putin.

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

By all accounts he was a decent person and he was certainly a great soldier. Unfortunately he made his reputation as a soldier fighting to maintain slavery as an institution. Not maintaining a monument to the man isn't rewriting history.

Sure it is.