Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

No worries...it doesn't work that way for congressional races (Senate / House). It's not like in Canada where the party leader can wreak havoc.

No it's not like Canada. If the PC/Reform/CCRAP/CPC example is anything to go by it takes years for a candidate to wreak havoc on a party. Trump OTOH looks like he could wreak electoral havoc on a mere whim.

No it's not like Canada. If the PC/Reform/CCRAP/CPC example is anything to go by it takes years for a candidate to wreak havoc on a party. Trump OTOH looks like he could wreak electoral havoc on a mere whim.

That's by design...we actually get to vote for our head of state. Scaring some Canadians is just icing on the cake.

It will be interesting.

But - we may learn from this. The "winner take all" concept of these primaries is the equivalent of "first past the post" system that we are still using in Canada.

Except their parties seem to have some convention machination they can thwart the people's will with.

Fortunately, none of our political parties use that system for leadership elections but use a variation of proportional representation. They don't want the screw up that we end up with during our general elections. They may even decide to let us use the same process to elect them.

They'll pay attention to the machinations learned too - our people's will apparently needs thwarting from time to time as well. Can't have us screwing things up after all.

Edited by eyeball

That is the number of lefties in this country. The left fears everything. I am not a trump supporter,but cruz is the one that I do not want to see anywhere near nuclear weapons.

I didn't see this online but heard it in the TV news, apparently Trumps youngest son, received an envelope with white power in it and said that his dad better quit , the next envelope will the real powder. Really, this is happening again in the US election? I can see both the Democrats and the GOP doing this, directly or indirectly. How far are these people who don't want Trump as President willing to go?

I didn't see this online but heard it in the TV news, apparently Trumps youngest son, received an envelope with white power in it and said that his dad better quit , the next envelope will the real powder. Really, this is happening again in the US election? I can see both the Democrats and the GOP doing this, directly or indirectly. How far are these people who don't want Trump as President willing to go?

The establishment globalist elite will go to whatever lenghts it will take to stop Trump. They are in a panic if Trump gets a hold of all their little secrets that they have been able to hide from the American people all these decades. Heads could roll. Edited by Charles Anthony
fixed quote

Trump has already said his wall and mass deportations will not happen as the way he describes it. Just a show for the nuts. I am beginning to think maybe he might be not bad as a president, when you read more about him. If he did not act like a entertainer so much and quit the BS,he might have some good ideas.

Trump was on CNN last night and by doing so, I think he clarified many rumors that were out there about him. The talk about how he treated FOX's Kelly, he said every night on her show she has been bad mouthing him left and right and he finally had a chance to give it back to her and he said just turn her on night and she will be badmouthing me again. Sure enough, I turn and was talking about Trump!! Trump also wants to withdrawal from NATO because he thinks, the US shouldn't be involved in other countries problems and that the US needs attention of its own and the debt is too high and the US can't afford to keep going to war. However, the globalist, want war, want control over certain countries. My view is the only ones that FEAR Trump are the elites or the globalist or whatever they call themselves.

I think it's funny to watch international reaction to Trump. Most of us on the other side of the spectrum here already know he's a joke.

He's a major campaign contributor to the Clintons in the past. He's said in the 90's that he would run as a Republican if he ran, because they're (basically) stupid enough to vote for him.

Republicans hate him because he's not one of them. Democrats hate him because he's a boisterous, irrational Republican. If people think Obama's term has been filled with obstruction, just wait until we see a Trump in office!

And of course, that's assuming he's even a "real" candidate. You'd have to understand the Clintons to know exactly what that implies. There's way too much "circumstantial" evidence that suggests Trump is only running to stoke the Clinton fire. Democrats usually lose in this country due to low voter interest/turnout. What better way to promote interest than to have a hateful, divisive candidate on the other side gain popularity?

It works. You know how many Democrats say they'll vote just to not see Trump in office? Just about all of them!

The wildcard that I don't think either Hillary or Trump predicted in this fiasco was Bernie Sanders. No one took him seriously to start with and now he's within 8% of the votes for tying Clinton and 9% of leading ahead of her. Right. Despite what the Washington Post, NY Times, Fox, NBC etc will show you on the news, the actual figures are really that close. Winning primaries in states here means nothing if the margins are narrow enough to split the votes equally, which most have been.

Media down here will tell you that the race is over and start crowning Clinton tomorrow, but what they won't tell you is that the race is less than 50% through and Hillary used up the ace in her pocket with the Deep South early on. The states coming in the future have more delegates and are much more Liberal than anything Clinton has won yet. Of course, if you look at the past 20 years of corporate donations, you can see exactly how much each of the networks donated to the Clintons in the past and their organizations outside of campaigns in order to see exactly where loyalties lay.

This relates to Trump because... Sanders will absolutely wipe the floor with him. Trump's biggest fear in this election, if he goes all the way isn't Clinton, it's Sanders.

If you want a dangerous candidate, look at Cruz. That guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a position of authority. While Trump might appear as a psychopath, Cruz actually is a sociopath. He's calm, cool-headed and absolutely evil below that crooked smile on the surface. Trump is at least a "what you see is what you get" candidate.

No Canadians don't fear Trump,they fear fellow Canadians who won't stand up and protect themselves.

They fear bringing in people who hate our way of life and our willing to blow themselves up to justify there cause.

The reality is there are some people in Canada who hate our way of life.

You only really pay attention when it effects you,otherwise it's just people ripped apart overseas in some other country.

You can't make this crap up. A white supremacist group has setup a national hotline to provide emotional support to Donald Trump supporters who have been chastised for being hateful, racist, a-holes.

The creator of the hotline is William Johnson, head of the American National Super PAC. Here is a robocall message he sent through the PAC in support of Trump:

My name is William Johnson. I am a farmer and a white nationalist.

This robocall goes out to all millennials and others who are honest in all their dealings. Mitt Romney has viciously attacked Donald Trump. Mitt Romney and his establishment conservatives are both mean-spirited and dishonest. The white race is being replaced by other peoples in America and in all white countries. Donald Trump stands strong as a nationalist. Mitt Romney and his establishment conservatives pretend they don’t care. http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/white-supremacists-launch-247-hotline-for-butthurt-trump-supporters/

So if you're a butthurt racist who thinks America could be great again if we only gave the military and our dear, dear rich a little more and closed our borders to those inferior races, give us a call.

Edited by Guest

You can't make this crap up. A white supremacist group has setup a national hotline to provide emotional support to Donald Trump supporters who have been chastised for being hateful, racist, a-holes.

The creator of the hotline is William Johnson, head of the American National Super PAC. Here is a robocall message he sent through the PAC in support of Trump:

My name is William Johnson. I am a farmer and a white nationalist.

This robocall goes out to all millennials and others who are honest in all their dealings. Mitt Romney has viciously attacked Donald Trump. Mitt Romney and his establishment conservatives are both mean-spirited and dishonest. The white race is being replaced by other peoples in America and in all white countries. Donald Trump stands strong as a nationalist. Mitt Romney and his establishment

conservatives pretend they don’t care. http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/white-supremacists-launch-247-hotline-for-butthurt-trump-supporters/

I can never understand why people who call themselves white nationalists are always deemed to be a bunch of redneck, racist, white supremo nazis? If one calls himself a black nationlist, they are ignored by the media. Interesting indeed.

So if you're a butthurt racist who thinks America could be great again if we only gave the military and our dear, dear rich a little more and closed our borders to those inferior races, give us a call.

Canadians should fear Trump.

He's already said he would kill NAFTA.

Our population is 35 million,USA population is 350 Million.

All the USA would have to do is kill the Lumber trade with Canada,slow down transport of goods and put massive taxes on transports of goods from Mexico to Canada by Air.

What does that tell you about GOP voters? I know they hold out hope that this email thing will come to something that might hurt Hillary, but it's been out there for some time and seems pretty well dead in the water. As already mentioned, it seems the more "astute" in the party, (those with more control at least) are stick handling toward the brokered convention idea. But in the meantime, a bag of popcorn and a Trump campaign prattle are always good for a bit of mindless entertainment after a days work.

Same thing it says about any voters...they have concerns and partisan interests, just like in Canada, and are motivated to act on them in the political process. Reagan wasn't taken seriously either, until he destroyed President Carter in 1980.

Same thing it says about any voters...they have concerns and partisan interests, just like in Canada, and are motivated to act on them in the political process. Reagan wasn't taken seriously either, until he destroyed President Carter in 1980.

Taking racism, bigotry, misogyny, xenophobia seriously says something special about these GOP voters.

Taking racism, bigotry, misogyny, xenophobia seriously says something special about these GOP voters.

Really? Ever been to Quebec ? Something special about the voters there too. The history of American politics is filled with Trumps...some succeed while others fail. That's for the voters to decide.

Really? Ever been to Quebec ? Something special about the voters there too. The history of American politics is filled with Trumps...some succeed while others fail. That's for the voters to decide.

Lived and worked in Quebec for years. Some voters there wish to protect their French heritage. Never saw anything there approaching anything close to the nonsense we have seen from Trump. As I stated, I guess there are those who are "proud" of such things.