Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

Lived and worked in Quebec for years. Some voters there wish to protect their French heritage. Never saw anything there approaching anything close to the nonsense we have seen from Trump. As I stated, I guess there are those who are "proud" of such things.

The point being that some Canadians embrace the very same kind of rhetoric and speech when it serves their political agenda (e.g. French National Front). Nothing different about Trump or his supporters. The VP selection process will be consistent with Trump/GOP objectives.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The point being that some Canadians embrace the very same kind of rhetoric and speech when it serves their political agenda. Nothing different about Trump or his supporters. The VP selection process will be consistent with Trump/GOP objectives.

I think if you tried anything close to what Trump has displayed in Canada, you would be laughed off the stage. And once again, there is a lot of talk from the pundits that Trump/GOP objectives are strongly divergent.

I think if you tried anything close to what Trump has displayed in Canada, you would be laughed off the stage. And once again, there is a lot of talk from the pundits that Trump/GOP objectives are strongly divergent.

The Democrats have also been strongly divergent in the past...see 1968 Democrat Convention. It's called "big tent" politics, and there will always be the forming - storming - norming process on the way to a general election. Canada's politics are for Canada, not the United States, but Canadians pay far more attention to American political and election process.

... and there will always be the forming - storming - norming process on the way to a general election. Canada's politics are for Canada, not the United States, but Canadians pay far more attention to American political and election process.

just when does your described "norming process" begin for Trump leading Republicans? :lol: Most Canadians could care less about American primary/caucus pursuits and if watching it at all, it's for the laughs in watching the Republican circus acts... or, again, rubbernecking the car-wreck in progress. Speaking of (claimed) Americans paying attention to the Canadian political/election process - good on ya for picking up any slack!

There are some things worse that killing NAFTA...how Cruz staring WW3? Both, Clinton and the Bush-backed Cruz, are out to stop Trump and they have other Billionaires that don't want Trump to reach the White House and they are getting really dirty playing their spouses against each other. There is also reports out there saying that voter fraud on Clinton's side, especially in Arizona. Corruptions is alive and well in these elections too.

Trump is actually not that dangerous in that the chances of him beating Clinton are remote, at best. Cruze is more dangerous in that he's sleazy and crazy but might actually beat Clinton, who is merely sleazy.

Lived and worked in Quebec for years. Some voters there wish to protect their French heritage. Never saw anything there approaching anything close to the nonsense we have seen from Trump. As I stated, I guess there are those who are "proud" of such things.

We hear things from major personalities in Quebec government, media and academia all the time which rival or beat any of the nastiness Trump has espoused.

The Democrats have also been strongly divergent in the past...see 1968 Democrat Convention. It's called "big tent" politics, and there will always be the forming - storming - norming process on the way to a general election. Canada's politics are for Canada, not the United States, but Canadians pay far more attention to American political and election process.

It's hard not to notice because the "process" seems to never end down there. It usually gets pretty boring due to that, but having a buffoon like Trump has perhaps attracted some attention from north of the border, however I think most of us are getting bored again. Maybe try the Canadian process-get r' done, and then get on with things.

It's hard not to notice because the "process" seems to never end down there. It usually gets pretty boring due to that, but having a buffoon like Trump has perhaps attracted some attention from north of the border, however I think most of us are getting bored again. Maybe try the Canadian process-get r' done, and then get on with things.

Canadians consume a lot of American media, news or otherwise, by choice. Nobody makes them do it. That doesn't mean that Americans should should change their campaign process or length because it is too long. The U.S. is a republic with 10x Canada's population and 50+ states to grind through at three levels of government. It costs more and takes longer than Canada's adorably "historic" and "grueling" 100 day election cycle.

Canadians consume a lot of American media, news or otherwise, by choice. Nobody makes them do it. That doesn't mean that Americans should should change their campaign process or length because it is too long. The U.S. is a republic with 10x Canada's population and 50+ states to grind through at three levels of government. It costs more and takes longer than Canada's adorably "historic" and "grueling" 100 day election cycle.

I would say excruciatingly longer, and the costs, well, we reigned that in so super pacs can't buy and sell governments. Perhaps the fact Canadians consume foreign media as well as their own, is what Trudeau was referring to by saying Americans should learn more about the rest of the world.

I would say excruciatingly longer, and the costs, well, we reigned that in so super pacs can't buy and sell governments. Perhaps the fact Canadians consume foreign media as well as their own, is what Trudeau was referring to by saying Americans should learn more about the rest of the world.

Americans consume plenty of foreign media, but are not dependent on foreign network content the way that Canada is. Campaign financing and process in the United States is driven by free speech and election mechanics in a republic that permits its citizens to participate in direct selection of the head-of-state. There is no "reigning" monarch head-of-state far across the ocean, not even for Vice President.

Americans consume plenty of foreign media, but are not dependent on foreign network content the way that Canada is. Campaign financing and process in the United States is driven by free speech and election mechanics in a republic that permits its citizens to participate in direct selection of the head-of-state. There is no "reigning" monarch head-of-state far across the ocean, not even for Vice President.

I think Canadians may opt for American TV entertainment as there is of course more available due to the population differences. However for media I think we tend to get it from Canadian sources, simply because it is not trying to be entertainment also. Now, as to picking the head of state in America, perhaps you need a primer on the electoral college.

Are you suggesting that the process leading up to a presidential candidate can't be shortened?

Are you suggesting that the process leading up to a presidential candidate can't be shortened?

No, I am suggesting that it won't be shortened just because some Canadians tire of watching American election campaign coverage concurrent with their usual voracious appetite for other American media. 'Tis the season for lots of U.S. campaign ads too...so watch 100% Canadian content instead if it is so bothersome.

No, I am suggesting that it won't be shortened just because some Canadians tire of watching American election campaign coverage concurrent with their usual voracious appetite for other American media. 'Tis the season for lots of U.S. campaign ads too...so watch 100% Canadian content instead if it is so bothersome.

That's not an intelligent response. Do you think the process can be shortened?

So you are willing to respond until you won't. Then you draw upon the op.

Perhaps those Canadians that fear Trump are those Americans that moved to Canada for a better peaceful life.

Maybe, but far more Canadians have moved to the United States, with or without Trump...for a better life. I think Canadian snowbirds FEAR your falling loonie more than Donald Trump.