Islamophobia in Canada

Whose wealth do you want to distribute? I'm guessing not yours.

Yes mine too as I am advocating raising the personal income tax exemption by almost $10,000 (to help out everyone in particular those earning less than 20K should not pay also for taxes) and raising the tax rate from 26% to likely 30% or more for higher incomers (this includes me too) and the next rate from 29% to likely 35% or more for over $138K taxable income (this does not include me). Also raising GST back to 7% and that affects me and everyone but especially the rich (the conservatives reduced it mainly to help the rich, their core support who buy big items like big or luxury cars and furniture and electronics. Same for for provincial taxes.

Also likely more than doubling social assistance for the poor and and low income seniors and veterans. Investment in Health care and infrastructure and building significantly more social housing for the low incomers. I prefer to see the less privileged like the hungry or homeless poor and the low income elderly and the children who live below poverty to have better lives than see the rich parading their big cars and living in big expensive houses with very large screen TVs travelling many times around the world staying in luxury hotels or expensive resorts while hungry children go to schools empty stomach and low income seniors shiver in cold or die because of lack of medicine as they can't afford the bills. Time to write to my MPs I helped in a very small way to elect!!!

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I believe we should up the punishment for hate crimes in Canada in order to avoid the situation that now exists in Europe. Mandatory minimum sentences of many years for cases involving violence against women, racial and religious minorities, homosexuals and defenseless and heavy enforcement would help in my view and while we are at it bring back the capital punishment for violent crimes against women and children. I know while the former is possible if heavily lobbied but the latter will never happen under this Liberal government.

Btw, the mastermind of Paris attacks was sent to hell today by French Police. I know it is just a symbolic win but makes me feel good!!!.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Christian civilization has a 1,000 year head start ion Islam.

1,000, hell, 500, years ago, you could have said the same thing about Christianity. And yet here we are.

So what? What are you saying, we should be patient? We should wait five centuries or so? Not happening, bud. Not unless you agree they should all be cordoned off from today's world until they reform.

And as a society we consider motivation when looking at these things.

If they called her a nigger or spic while attacking her? Yes, yes it would have. I don't understand your desperate need to downplay this.

He's countering your desperate need to exaggerate its importance.

Edited by Scotty

That goes back to what we are collectively doing in the M.E, taking out some tyrannical governments, while supporting other tyrannical governments. The military campaign against terrorism over the past 15-20 years has not accomplished anything.

Drone strikes on many nations to get suspected (not even confirmed) terrorists is causing widespread damage making these nations not habitable. Cities bombed, infrastructure destroyed. So where are they going? And WHY are they going?

As far as I've seen drone strikes are usually in the desert somewhere, and have limited colateral damage. The only places we're bombing is the heart of ISIL, which is already in the middle of a war zone.

Yes mine too as I am advocating raising the personal income tax exemption by almost $10,000 (to help out everyone in particular those earning less than 20K should not pay also for taxes) and raising the tax rate from 26% to likely 30% or more for higher incomers (this includes me too) and the next rate from 29% to likely 35% or more for over $138K taxable income (this does not include me). Also raising GST back to 7% and that affects me and everyone but especially the rich (the conservatives reduced it mainly to help the rich, their core support who buy big items like big or luxury cars and furniture and electronics. Same for for provincial taxes.

Also likely more than doubling social assistance for the poor and and low income seniors and veterans.

So you're basically saying you want Communism here, where doing extra work, taking a chance on opening a new business, getting an education, doesn't matter at all because your money will just be taken away to give to those who couldn't bother. No thank yewww, comrade! Seen how that works out!

I believe we should up the punishment for hate crimes in Canada in order to avoid the situation that now exists in Europe.

Do you know anything about 'the situation that now exists in Europe"? Have you ever been there?

As far as I've seen drone strikes are usually in the desert somewhere, and have limited colateral damage. The only places we're bombing is the heart of ISIL, which is already in the middle of a war zone.

If that's as far as you've seen, then you need to look at reports of how any innocent civilians have be taken out by drones.

So you're basically saying you want Communism here, where doing extra work, taking a chance on opening a new business, getting an education, doesn't matter at all because your money will just be taken away to give to those who couldn't bother. No thank yewww, comrade! Seen how that works out!

No I am anti-communist as I see it an extreme similar to fascism in fact i see both same points on a circle. I am saying a FAIRER distribution of wealth as I said in my original post that you quoted (so please read the posts that you quote before responding).

Do you know anything about 'the situation that now exists in Europe"? Have you ever been there?

Yes sir that was where I was for more than a decade before coming to Canada. Where the Mational Front and British National Party supporters were/are attacking colored skin people. Where German Nazi sympatizers were/are attacking non-white even white immigrants from Eastern Europe. Where there are friction and clashes between North African Immigrants (many even born in France) and French white citizens where the extreme right has as much as 20% support racists and all above extends to recent democracies like Czech Republic, Hungry and Serbia too. We don't want this garbage in Canada.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The op makes only the opening post and then sits back and lets the, 'omg how could someone be a bigot in Canada' liberals start the navel gazing, while of course ignoring the far more significant acts that people of that faith have committed against this country, which is nothing compared to elsewhere.

The op is laughing at you, wake up, this is textbook.

The op makes only the opening post and then sits back and lets the, 'omg how could someone be a bigot in Canada' liberals start the navel gazing, while of course ignoring the far more significant acts that people of that faith have committed against this country, which is nothing compared to elsewhere.

The op is laughing at you, wake up, this is textbook.

I doubt the op opened this thread to get laughs. However you may have just provided some.

First link doesn't have any stat that talks about 'identifying as radical'. It has this though:

"Among Muslims who see a struggle between modernizers and Islamic fundamentalists, majorities in Lebanon (84%), Turkey (74%), Pakistan (61%) and Indonesia (54%) side with those who want to modernize their countries; a plurality of Jordanian Muslims who say there is a struggle in their country also side with the modernizers (48%). In Egypt and Nigeria, however, most Muslims who see a struggle in their countries say they identify with Islamic fundamentalists (59% and 58%, respectively)."

Second link doesn't have that stat, although it does show that 35% of French Muslims believe that suicide bombing is sometimes justified.

Third link is about support for Sharia in Canada.

Fourth link is the same as the first link. (?)

Look, these are all different things. Be specific. The stat you posted was specific but when I questioned you about it you brought out 4 (really 3) links. Which one shows what you were saying ? Your approach is sloppy and makes me want to move on.

Canada has over 1 million Muslims living here. If there was any danger to Canada because of their faith, we would have experienced it by now.

I don't think anyone would disagree that there are groups and people who have a warped interpretation of Islam. Where they are willing to engage in disgusting, barbaric acts like ISIL continues to display. What the disagreement is that you cannot label all Muslims to be the same. Just because one considers themselves Muslim, it does not mean that they engage in and agree with the most vile acts, by the most vile self declared Muslim groups. It's just idiotic to continue to paint all Muslims the same. It makes absolutely no sense to do that.

Copying and pasting quotes from the Quran to somehow show evidence of what Muslims are like is also idiotic. MANY of the words in the Quran are copied from the old and new testament. The old and new testament have just as many stupid texts in them. They are all man-written.

War zone = Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen

Where do most of these terrorists come from? Yeah.

Way to try to explain and push the big elephant, called drones, out of the conversation.

To put it into perspective; There have been more Muslim civilian casualties by drones than Western civilian casualties by terrorist attacks.

Their results are the same: They kill, injure and terrorize people.

Canada has over 1 million Muslims living here. If there was any danger to Canada because of their faith, we would have experienced it by now.

I don't think anyone would disagree that there are groups and people who have a warped interpretation of Islam. Where they are willing to engage in disgusting, barbaric acts like ISIL continues to display. What the disagreement is that you cannot label all Muslims to be the same. Just because one considers themselves Muslim, it does not mean that they engage in and agree with the most vile acts, by the most vile self declared Muslim groups. It's just idiotic to continue to paint all Muslims the same. It makes absolutely no sense to do that.

Copying and pasting quotes from the Quran to somehow show evidence of what Muslims are like is also idiotic. MANY of the words in the Quran are copied from the old and new testament. The old and new testament have just as many stupid texts in them. They are all man-written.

Well stated comments. You are a stand up gentleman. Bravo!!.

No, because as i said in another thread, Muslims are at a 3% population rate. Historically, groups do not cause trouble until that number hits 4%. At 4% a group will start to push their agenda (such as the UK 5% and Denmark, Norway) , at about 6% they start to demonstrate and possibly riot (Sweden 5.2%, Belgium 6%, France 7.5%), any group that feels marginalized will start to full on revolt at about 10% -

Here's a question for the lefties; When news broke about a terrorist attack in Paris, where did your mind go, who did you suspect was involved? Christians, Jews, Buddists, Russians, Americans, computer geeks, red heads...who?

It wasn't who or what that popped into my mind, it was why.

Pretty much the same thing that popped into my mind the moment the news broke on 9/11.