Paris might be problem for Trudeau

cannuck

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To people blaming refugees for attacks in Paris. Do you not realize these are the people the refugees are trying to run away from?

Sure, but do you realize ISIS has clearly stated, months ago, that they have members among said refugees?

One could deduce that if we stopped ISIS, the refugees would no longer have a reason to run away........

I encourage those who feel Canada should stay in that region and/or intensify our involvement be the first to volunteers to go over. And I agree with those who are outraged by this latest Paris bombing. When those body bags start coming back to the West from the Middle East we want a good percentage of them to be Canadian! Or do we?

I would, but I have to go to work on Monday

Still, we have an entirely vountary military who are ready to go.

Can you not see the diiference between genuine refugees and those who would use the refugee crisis to achieve their own nefarious goals?

Yes. This is why we need to screen anyone who migrates into our country.

Did you know that majority of the attackers who have been identified in Paris are French of Belgium nationals? One in particular was a person who was known to the French authorities.

Yes. This is why we need to screen anyone who migrates into our country.

Did you know that majority of the attackers who have been identified in Paris are French of Belgium nationals? One in particular was a person who was known to the French authorities.

So screening (which I agree with) is only one answer. What do we do about the others?

The one who was known to the authorities should have been more closely watched, and systems should have been in place to catch the others before the event. If they were, but were inadequate, then they should be made adequate enough, whatever it takes.

Edited by bcsapper

Does anybody realize that we average about 250,000 immigrants a year, about 3,000 refugees land on our soil every year and disappear into the population or across the border.

We have just seen an extremely co-ordinated attack by a sophisticated group. This was obviously well planned and these folks who planned it had to be fairly bright. At last report, there were 8 zealots who were intent on completing their individual missions and not returning from their missions. They were successful on both counts.

Does anybody really think that a group like this would need to use Syrian refugees as cover to get to Canada?

Does anybody realize that we average about 250,000 immigrants a year, about 3,000 refugees land on our soil every year and disappear into the population or across the border.

---SNIP---

Needs versus wants. Who knows what they need? Why would we be so stupid as to not assume that was what they want?

Edited by Charles Anthony
excessive quoting [---SNIP---]

Does anybody really think that a group like this would need to use Syrian refugees as cover to get to Canada?

Why not? The Paris chief prosecutor, confirmed by the Greek Government, has suggested exactly that:

A Syrian passport was found next to the body of one of three suicide bombers who struck near the Stade de France stadium during Friday's game, Mr Molins confirmed.

A Greek minister says the passport belonged to a Syrian refugee who passed through the island of Leros. An Egyptian passport has also been linked to the attacks.

We must remember that the the bombing didn't happen out of the blue.

---SNIP---

Now you're just being ridiculous, or disingenuous.

It isn't about people.

It's about access to resources ... oil ... and Russia.

War is always about money, not people.

Edited by Charles Anthony

---SNIP---

Shhhh. They finally had an excuse to keep the refugees out. Don't ruin it for them. Edited by Charles Anthony

How do you check out foreigners from a war zone who have no documents or papers? It takes time, and time has been denied those who do such checks in order for the Liberals to keep a misguided campaign promise to go over there and scoop up warm bodies as fast as possible.

I think prioritizing children & their parents works.

Father's don't go blow themselves up when they have children to to feed.

I get your point but there are plenty to choose from.

And likely already intell on suspicious ones.

Shhhh. They finally had an excuse to keep the refugees out. Don't ruin it for them.

Excuse to keep refugees out? Hardly, but reason enough not to rush the process to keep a political promise made during an election, and in the interim, there is no reason we can't continue to send aide to those refugees already safe in camps outside the conflict zone.

We have just seen an extremely co-ordinated attack by a sophisticated group. This was obviously well planned and these folks who planned it had to be fairly bright. At last report, there were 8 zealots who were intent on completing their individual missions and not returning from their missions. They were successful on both counts.

And did you ever think that in order to develop and maintain a terrorist network in any country, a support group of "sympathizers" is needed - fund-raisers, recruiters, safe-houses, weapons, documents, etc? How do you screen out sympathizers? The answer is you can't completely - but you'd better be bloody thorough in your efforts to do so.

Edited by Keepitsimple

And did you ever think that in order to develop and maintain a terrorist network in any country, a support group of "sympathizers" is needed - fund-raisers, recruiters, safe-houses, weapons, documents, etc? How do you screen out sympathizers? The answer is you can't - but you'd better be bloody thorough in your efforts to do so.

Furthermore, as suggested by ISIS, welcoming in a Trojan horse to keep a political promise is foolish beyond belief. There might already be soft sympathizers within Canada, but bringing in potentially "educated" members of ISIS is how one makes a viable terror network on our own soil.....

The people who claim to be Isis and who claim to be responsible for the attacks said the attackers were "targeting the capital of prostitution and obscenity."

Lmao. How can people tolerate legalized young boy prostitution in their own countries and then point the finger abroad at adult homosexuality and prostitution?

How do you check out foreigners from a war zone who have no documents or papers? I

Just about everybody has papers of some kind in their home country, and sometimes it is convenient not to have those papers later, at a point of entry. Not having papers makes you an instant refugee, since you are allowed to stay in Canada while first your identity is sorted out, then your status is determined. Both can take years. Canada cannot just dump stateless persons. The trick is to arrive here with nothing but a sad story that will take a long time to verify.

And it is an old dodge by queue jumpers too.

To people blaming refugees for attacks in Paris. Do you not realize these are the people the refugees are trying to run away from?

I've heard and seen celebrities tweet this comment, so I know it's a stupid and little thought out concept. International Intelligence has reported that as many as 15-20% of refugees are actually terrorists attempting to gain easy access to western countries. I won't be surprised to discover that this Paris attack has links to Syrian "refugees".

P.s - Notice the quotations

How did they set up the infrastructure to properly vet 25,000 people in less than two months when they have only been in power less than weeks?

A simple question that everyone should be asking.

Wilber, the bureaucrats love a project like selecting 25,000 foreigners among millions and moving them to Canada. The bureaucrats particularly love a such project where they have carte blanche to spend other people's money. Trust me, there are immigration officers now receiving in one day your entire tax filing last year to be in Jordan and interview potential immigrants.

I don't particularly object to participating in air strikes against ISIS, though I feel it's probably not very effective.

What I wonder about is what other things could be done to fight them. Particularly, they seem to be very well funded and well supplied. I have read that they're raising money by smuggling oil out of territories that they control. Maybe oil infrastructure in ISIS territories should be destroyed. I read that they're receiving large financial donations from wealthy citizens in Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Maybe wealthy Saudis and Qataris who send money to ISIS should start turning up dead.

-k

Trust Kimmy to have an intelligent post.

Answer?

a) According to Mark Steyn, to defeat ISIS, we must defend/promote "Western Values". B) The Israelis resorted to building an 8 meter wall and using technology to create an Iron Dome. c) Obama seems to think that we can integrate them into our universal values.

(BTW, Kimmy, the Israelis first tried your "turn up dead" strategy when they bulldozed family homes of suicide bombers.)

Edited by August1991