Paris Terrorist Attacks

Bonam

Tell me. What can we learn?

We don't need to be cowboys. Huffing and puffing and feeling like victims who have been wronged.

We need to examine why there is hostility. We are not the good guys. There are no good guys.

First thing we need to accept is that our actions in the Middle East have allowed the ISIS infestation to become a reality.

We need to not be involved in these adventures in the Middle East and Africa. If ISIS becomes a problem, the neighbouring countries will get involved. We also need to stop dealing with Saudi Arabia and sanction them for bankrolling ISIS, instead of selling weapons to them.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ISIS becomes a problem, the neighbouring countries will get involved. We also need to stop dealing with Saudi Arabia and sanction them for bankrolling ISIS, instead of selling weapons to them.

Yes, lets wait for ISIS to become a problem...

We don't need to be cowboys. Huffing and puffing and feeling like victims who have been wronged.

We need to examine why there is hostility. We are not the good guys. There are no good guys.

Well then do something else....wave that magic "honest broker" wand and whip some peacekeeping miracle on them. Sing some songs about multiculturalism including a new Caliphate. Bake some legalized marijuana brownies...something !

Edited by bush_cheney2004

That French president Hollande must break all the world records of being the most chickenshit president imaginable. That was shown already in January during the Charlie Hebdo-attacks but especially now; he has probably soiled himself.

ISIS creates a professional video, well choreographed and very explicit. It shows about 14 folks in red clothes, told to kneel and then their throats are slit and some of the heads fall off. Outrage! Western condemnation! More bombing runs!! More "collateral action". More potential bombers and martyrs. Folks from all of the world stream into Iraq to join ISIS.

Now more violence, more outrage, more calling for action. Send in more drones (whose record is killing 90% more people than who are targeted) and create more outraged locals and future martyrs.

And even here in Canada and on this board we have the bright lights who want to do the same thing, the same way that caused this fiasco to escalate to this point.

OKAY - Bomb them all and let God sort out the good ones! We need Donald Trump running our foreign policy - just ask those bright lights on this board.

ISIS has been driven out of Sinjar. That wouldn't have happened without the help of the U.S. These are the kind of strategies Canada should be helping out with.

How many times was Taliban driven out of cities and towns only to comeback and re-take it? Why are you looking at the situation without looking at the history of these types of conflicts?

Seems like people want to bomb somebody - I'm just trying to understand who and why.

Think about it. How long do we need to take precautions to protect ourselves in order not to be maimed or killed by extremists and terrorists. Is there not a point where we have to say "enough is enough" and take steps to retaliate?

How many times was Taliban driven out of cities and towns only to comeback and re-take it? Why are you looking at the situation without looking at the history of these types of conflicts?

Probably because I'm too busy looking at innocent civilians flying home from vacation being blown out of the with their families, concert goers massacred with AK-47's, tourists out enjoying the nightlife being gunned down. You know, that sort of thing that western countries need to step up and help fight.

We also need to stop dealing with Saudi Arabia and sanction them for bankrolling ISIS, instead of selling weapons to them.

Yep. And also we need to sanction them for genocide.

I wish Gilles Duceppe won the election... He was the only one intelligent enough to realize that the Saudis were the problem.

I think a BDS strategy would provide a bigger bang for the buck myself.

Plus you don't have enough bombs or aircraft anyway. You would need to buy more from the same place you want to BDS....logical fail.

Like the Taliban, ISIS knows it can make propaganda gains by isolating the United States (or France).

Problem for the neighbouring countries, like Iran and Russia and the Arab countries.

I would suggest they already are, and those countries are toeing a certain line right now. Russia, especially, must feel the need to send a lot more resources to the battle, including ground troops.

Turkey is a member of NATO, so it will never have to go it alone.

Iran would probably be the best at beating ISIS. I can't see any prisoners being taken in that scrap.

How do you mean exactly? It seems to me if we pulled out of the battles against ISIS, to be specific, we would just be consigning friends of ours to a horrible death. And then what? You would have them gain strength while we put our heads in the sand?

No, what's done is done. Blame who you want, but at least look at the current situation realistically.

I think instead of considering pulling out we should increase our efforts. But then, I don't have to go, so I guess I don't get an opinion on that.

Kind of my feeling as well but if we are going to do it, we need to sit down and figure out the best ways to get at these people and then get serious about it.

Kind of my feeling as well but if we are going to do it, we need to sit down and figure out the best ways to get at these people and then get serious about it.

Exactly. Obama was criticized for only going in with 50 and not much of a strategy. I think the rules of engagement should dramatically change.