Paris Terrorist Attacks

Bonam

Looks like a well coordinated attack. The times and places well planned. Looks to me like these folks who did the damage are an intelligent and well organized group who have just created another successful poke in the eye to the West.

I hope those in charge of the reaction will first try to figure out the intent of these attacks.

What reaction did they expect? What will our reaction be.

This will be a very successful attack if we react in the way that they wanted us to do.

Lets not fall into any simple traps.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a well coordinated attack. The times and places well planned. Looks to me like these folks who did the damage are an intelligent and well organized group who have just created another successful poke in the eye to the West.

I hope those in charge of the reaction will first try to figure out the intent of these attacks.

What reaction did they expect? What will our reaction be.

This will be a very successful attack if we react in the way that they wanted us to do.

Lets not fall into any simple traps.

And how do you think they want us to attack?

Of course I'm angry but I'm also a pragmatic soul.

Then you should take the several lessons from the past and not advocate more bombings.

Just a thought: How many innocent people do you think die from the bombings we are doing in Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan and several other places where U.S. drones are dropping bombs on so-called terrorists? What have they accomplished besides killing innocent people and not only "not" stopping extremism, but increasing it.

Yup...run away as fast as possible. Canada can avoid such attacks by completely withdrawing from the ME...Africa...and Europe. Get out of NATO too. This strategy has been proven to work...never!

The opposite is true. What have our adventures achieved besides increase terrorism?

How about we learn from the few European countries who fight the urge to get involved.

Yup...run away as fast as possible. Canada can avoid such attacks by completely withdrawing from the ME...Africa...and Europe. Get out of NATO too. This strategy has been proven to work...never!

What's your strategy? Turn a terrorist attack into an excuse to invade another country?

Sit down already about strategy, your 'strategy' is why ISIS exists.

They will not be wiped out. Just like Taliban and Al Qaeda were not wiped out.

That's besides the point. What happened in Paris, if ISIS was behind it, could have been done with or without ISIS being in Syria/Iraq. All they need to recruit is the internet and fuel to anger people.

We need to get the f*ck out of the Middle East and Africa.

How do you mean exactly? It seems to me if we pulled out of the battles against ISIS, to be specific, we would just be consigning friends of ours to a horrible death. And then what? You would have them gain strength while we put our heads in the sand?

No, what's done is done. Blame who you want, but at least look at the current situation realistically.

I think instead of considering pulling out we should increase our efforts. But then, I don't have to go, so I guess I don't get an opinion on that.

Edited by bcsapper

And how do you think they want us to attack?

I think they want us to react.. Attack who and at what price?

People do things for a reason. Intelligent people do things for intelligent reasons. These attacks came at a price for the enemy - many of the enemy were killed. They were prepared to pay that price to attain and end - to gain an edge.

What is that edge?

The opposite is true. What have our adventures achieved besides increase terrorism?

How about we learn from the few European countries who fight the urge to get involved.

Run...run...run. As fast as possible. This is somebody else's problem. Tough luck France...our new PM is only about warm blankets.

All these "attacks " are just like the other wars the world has seen. We attack them and they attack us, its just a different style of war and the European countries are more open to those attacks. I really can't see how all this is going to end unless someone throws a nuke in the ME, and I hope it doesn't come to that.

It's inevitable. Because nothing is about to turn this off, not in our lifetime not in our kids and probably not even our grand-kids' lifetimes.

I think the possibility of a sooner end to this probably disappeared out of sight half a life-time ago.

What's your strategy? Turn a terrorist attack into an excuse to invade another country?

Sit down already about strategy, your 'strategy' is why ISIS exists.

Then cut-off all ties with the United States too. No UN resolutions...no NATO...no NORAD...no nuthin.

That will surely solve the problem for Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I think they want us to react.. Attack who and at what price?

People do things for a reason. Intelligent people do things for intelligent reasons. These attacks came at a price for the enemy - many of the enemy were killed. They were prepared to pay that price to attain and end - to gain an edge.

What is that edge?

You tell me.

Just a thought: How many innocent people do you think die from the bombings we are doing in Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan

There is a difference between attacking terrorist groups where their friends and relatives die as collateral damage, and deliberately murdering innocent civilians.