Paris Terrorist Attacks

Bonam

You seem to be ignoring my question, and my point. Young people don't join gangs in order to commit suicidal attacks on rock music attendees.

The only 'disillusioned' people who seem to be drawn to murderous and genocidal murder are Muslims. Why is that?

I don't suppose you have heard of:

Charles Manson and his followers: Murdered up to 35 people, some which were never dismissed because of lack of evidence

Jim Jones and his followers: 918 members died including parents who forced their children to drink the deadly koolaid

David Koresh and his followers: 76 members died including children who weren't allowed to flee the burning building

Order of the Solar Temple and it's followers: Several dozen members murdered or died by suicide

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Manson and his followers: Murdered up to 35 people, some which were never dismissed because of lack of evidence

Jim Jones and his followers: 918 members died including parents who forced their children to drink the deadly koolaid

David Koresh and his followers: 76 members died including children who weren't allowed to flee the burning building

Order of the Solar Temple and it's followers: Several dozen members murdered or died by suicide

I find such comparisons often make the other's point. That you had to go back to the sixties and put together a list that covers decades, that really does not match the carnage done in the name of the Muslim religion say, just this year, does seem to indicate that there is something special about Islam these days.

Usual disclaimers about normal, non violent Muslims apply, of course.

I find such comparisons often make the other's point. That you had to go back to the sixties and put together a list that covers decades, that really does not match the carnage done in the name of the Muslim religion say, just this year, does seem to indicate that there is something special about Islam these days.

Usual disclaimers about normal, non violent Muslims apply, of course.

The 60's? I think not.

Order of the Solar Temple, David Koresh - 90's

Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, Uganda - Year 2000

Seriously? You're going to compare a few people drawn to killer cults over the past fifty years to the 27,000 + terrorist attacks by 'disillusioned' Muslims since 9/11?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Edited by Argus

Well, I said "go back to the sixties and put together a list that covers decades," Manson to present day.

The point is that disillusioned people fall into sick cults/organizations including ISIS, Solar Temple etc. It doesn't matter whether it was 40 years ago or 5 years ago, or yesterday. Disillusioned people will always exist and will always be vulnerable for indoctrination.

The point is that disillusioned people fall into sick cults/organizations including ISIS, Solar Temple etc. It doesn't matter whether it was 40 years ago or 5 years ago, or yesterday. Disillusioned people will always exist and will always be vulnerable for indoctrination.

No disagreement. I'm merely talking about scale.

Seriously? You're going to compare a few people drawn to killer cults over the past fifty years to the 27,000 + terrorist attacks by 'disillusioned' Muslims since 9/11?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

I was pointing out how wrong you were to insinuate only Muslims are indoctrinated into murderous cults.

I was pointing out how wrong you were to insinuate only Muslims are indoctrinated into murderous cults, however you conveniently ignored your post that I was responding to.

I think the point eludes you. No one has ever suggested there aren't fanatical Christians, fanatical Buddhists, fanatical Hindus, etc. etc. No one has ever said that ONLY Muslims attack people or kill themselves out of religious mania or fanaticism. There are nuts in every race and messianic nuts in every religion.

But with Muslims, it is not an occasional thing. It is not a case of every few years some small breakaway sect kills themselves or a few others. With Muslims it is an everyday occurrence all across the world. To blame all that on a few 'disillusioned' people is a spurious attempt to deny the obvious. Which is that this particular religion seems to lend itself to violence towards anyone who does not believe as they believe.

I think the point eludes you. No one has ever suggested there aren't fanatical Christians, fanatical Buddhists, fanatical Hindus, etc. etc. No one has ever said that ONLY Muslims attack people or kill themselves out of religious mania or fanaticism. There are nuts in every race and messianic nuts in every religion.

But with Muslims, it is not an occasional thing. It is not a case of every few years some small breakaway sect kills themselves or a few others. With Muslims it is an everyday occurrence all across the world. To blame all that on a few 'disillusioned' people is a spurious attempt to deny the obvious. Which is that this particular religion seems to lend itself to violence towards anyone who does not believe as they believe.

Nice try but you are ignoring your earlier post that only Muslims get indoctrinated.

Researcher Lydia Wilson traveled to Kirkuk, Iraq, and interviewed imprisoned ISIS fighters on their motivations. "They are children of the occupation, many with missing fathers at crucial periods, filled with rage against America and their own government. ISIS is the first group since the crushed Al Qaeda to offer these humiliated and enraged young men a way to defend their dignity, family, and tribe."

video

Edited by Michael Hardner
added video link

Nice try but you are ignoring your earlier post that only Muslims get indoctrinated.

What I said was

The only 'disillusioned' people who seem to be drawn to murderous and genocidal murder are Muslims. Why is that?

I don't believe the ones you listed were engaged in genocide.

Researcher Lydia Wilson traveled to Kirkuk, Iraq, and interviewed imprisoned ISIS fighters on their motivations. "They are children of the occupation, many with missing fathers at crucial periods, filled with rage against America and their own government. ISIS is the first group since the crushed Al Qaeda to offer these humiliated and enraged young men a way to defend their dignity, family, and tribe."

Awwwww! They're defending their dignity, family and tribe by slaughtering defenseless men, women and children, and raping young girls. How sweet. Makes me want to donate money to the cause of these poor, misunderstood, oppressed young men. After all, the price of sex slaves isn't what it used to be and they could use a little help.

"Damn you, America! I must go and find some Yazidis, slaughter their men, and rape their daughters! That will teach you!"

Some doubt as to the veracity of the reports, but I agree with you that it would have been awful had it happened. I hope the reports are not true.

That was your point, right, it being awful?

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/despite-invalidation-rumours-french-airstrike-mosul-school-persist-1489451401

Edited by bcsapper

video

Root causes = Blowback

Some doubt as to the veracity of the reports, but I agree with you that it would have been awful had it happened. I hope the reports are not true.

That was your point, right, it being awful?

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/despite-invalidation-rumours-french-airstrike-mosul-school-persist-1489451401

Of course it's awful.

The point here is that we (by we, I mean the West) terrorize people in our own way. Unfortunately, some of us try to 'splain the killing of innocent people away.

At the end of the day, the terrorists in France, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq kill and terrorize innocent people, just like the airplanes and drones kill and terrorize innocent people.

How many of the siblings of the children killed in the bombing or the hundreds of other incidents do you think will seek revenge?