Donald Trumpisms

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from it... we're just imitating the growing chorus of American voices who are doing the same.

Something seems to be changing, though, as the Confederate Flag fight was won (by the anti-flaggers) much too easily.

America is moving at a pretty fast pace over the last 3 years marijuana legalization, gay marriage, removal of the confederate flag.

It's actually pretty crazy how much they are advancing.

• 4 weeks later...

Healthcare, relations with Cuba, diplomacy in the ME .... all this from a "lame duck".

And yet, Trump.

Trump is not sacrosanct and it is too early to start ruling folks out. There is no sense in which Carly dissing Trump is different (in terms of interest to the conservative base) than Trump dissing Carly, which he does regularly. It is simply early-primary jostling among competitors, and the more of it now, the better. I don't care about any of that -- I want to hear about their policy positions and I want to see evidence their actions will match their words.

America is moving at a pretty fast pace over the last 3 years marijuana legalization, gay marriage, removal of the confederate flag.

It's actually pretty crazy how much they are advancing.

Maybe. Marijuana legalization was mostly done locally. Same with removal of the confederate flag.

Healthcare, relations with Cuba, diplomacy in the ME .... all this from a "lame duck".

And yet, Trump.

Sorry, but Obama has a made an unholy mess of healthcare, at least as I understand it. He managed to keep all of the costs and overhead of the insurance companies, which is one of the biggest problems with American healthcare.

Relations with Cuba, diplomacy in the ME, agreed. But limited progress.

Obama hasn't fixed the mess in Iraq created completely by Cheney using dubya as his personal puppet, though maybe nobody else could have either. And he hasn't shut down Guantanamo.

Was just watching Donald speaking in Alabama on CNN. I cannot believe that so many Americans really take this guy seriously. For this guy to get this far is a danger signal for those in the USA who have any affinity for their country.

Donald is surrounded and cheered by his "unique" base while the rest of the world laughs at Donald - and the USA.

God Bless America.

Postscript - I just remembered that I had the same reaction to Rob Ford when he first declared for mayor of Toronto.

Edited by Big Guy

Was just watching Donald speaking in Alabama on CNN. I cannot believe that so many Americans really take this guy seriously. For this guy to get this far is a danger signal for those in the USA who have any affinity for their country.

Donald is surrounded and cheered by his "unique" base while the rest of the world laughs at Donald - and the USA.

God Bless America.

Postscript - I just remembered that I had the same reaction to Rob Ford when he first declared for mayor of Toronto.

Meanwhile, you'll cast your vote for your local LPC or NDP candidate. All while sneering at Americans with unearned arrogance.

Last night, I watching Trump and he was talking his plan to stop the Auto sector from going else where and how he would hit them with a 35% tax for not staying in the US and creating jobs. I wonder if he could do that or the Free trade agreements stop him from doing so. The US companies could I guess just leave the country completely and if the location those companies do have may not hurt them if they are getting a good deal on property and other local taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, I watching Trump and he was talking his plan to stop the Auto sector from going else where and how he would hit them with a 35% tax for not staying in the US and creating jobs. I wonder if he could do that or the Free trade agreements stop him from doing so. The US companies could I guess just leave the country completely and if the location those companies do have may not hurt them if they are getting a good deal on property and other local taxes.

“Mr. Trump is either inexcusably hypocritical or inexcusably ignorant of economics,” according to Donald J. Boudreaux, a professor of economics at George Mason University. “There is zero economic difference between, say, a U.S. car company’s investments abroad in factories and Mr. Trump’s own investments abroad in hotels: both are meant to improve the bottom line of companies headquartered in the U.S. by taking advantage of profitable economic opportunities outside of the U.S.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-hypocrite-investing-overseas-fine-for-him/

• 2 weeks later...

The Donald just completed a closed circuit interaction with a grouyp in Ukraine:

http://www.kyivpost.com/opinion/op-ed/brian-bonner-the-donald-speaks-about-the-ukraine-397738.html

His gems of wisdom and foreign policy were:

"My feeling towards The Ukraine is very, very strong."

"I know many people who live in The Ukraine, they're fantastic people."

"My feeling is with respect to The Ukraine."

"I don't think The Ukraine is being given the proper respect from other parts of Europe, this is the respect The Ukraine has deserved."

"Our president is not strong and he is not doing what he should be doing for the Ukraine. So far we have all lip service. It's lip service and nothing else."

"The Ukraine is an amazing place. I have known so many people for so many years in The Ukraine."

"The Ukrainian people are special people, incredible people with incredible spirit and incredible heart."

It appears the Ukrainians were not impressed.

• 2 months later...

Talking about Carson's biography, where he wrote that he tried to stab a friend only for his belt buckle stopping the blade, Trump blasted: "How stupid are the people of Iowa? How stupid are the people of this country to believe this crap?"

It didn't end there.

Saying Carson's behaviour was "pathological", Trump ramped up the toxicity of his attack: "If you're pathological, there's no cure for that, folks.

"There's no cure for that … If you're a child molester, a sick puppy, you're a child molester, there's no cure for that. There's only one cure; we don't want to talk about that cure. That's the ultimate cure.

"Well, there's death, and there's the other thing. But if you're a child molester, there's no cure. They can't stop you. Pathological, there's no cure."

Having compared his main rival to a child molester, and the people who might vote for him as stupid, Trump wasn't done.

Talking about Marco Rubio's position on immigration, Trump described the Florida senator as "weak, like a baby, like a baby" and "not a good poker player because every time he's under pressure he starts to profusely sweat".

Trump said Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor, didn't deserve his attention because his campaign was doing so poorly. He also slated two other candidates: Ohio Governor John Kasich and businesswoman, Carly Fiorina.

He attacked Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton too, insisting she was playing "the woman's card, big time".

And suggesting he would bomb "the s**t" out of areas controlled by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) - or ISIS as he called it - he insisted: "I know more about ISIS than the [uS military] generals do. Believe me."

Trump is retaining his popularity. Now could that just be because he is saying what a lot of Americans would like to say if they hadn't been muzzled by PC?

Maybe a lot of people do feel that the world has gone too soft on terrorists and criminals.

Maybe a lot of people do feel like incurable child molesters and psychopathic killers SHOULD be put to death.

Maybe a lot of people do feel like Muslims should be watched and kept a under close scrutiny.

Maybe a lot of people do feel it should be told like it is, and not what sounds 'nice'.

I think if Donald Trump ever got elected to be POTUS you all would at least see some positive, resolute action take place on serious, controversial matters. Not like the run-of-the-mill world leaders like today who talk out of both sides of their mouth at once and don't really accomplish anything.