This week in Islam

kimmy

17 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm sure there are good Muslims. I'm also sure they don't work for the Saudi government at a propaganda mill.

Prove that the 1200 attendees from 30+ countries were working for the Saudi government at a propaganda mill, or stop your Islamophobic bullshit.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

-9cNb_SWZTYOoOC9iidkckCJPMbqmRVAlGjmC6aYqxM.jpg

Fake news.  Poland has had three terror attacks since 2015, one carried out by an anti-immigrant terrorist. 

Also:

the pattern of low-migration and low-terror is not consistent across all countries. Other countries on the map with very few terror attacks have high levels of migration.

Since 2012, Norway, like Poland, has experienced few terror attacks (one). But unlike Poland, in 2017 Norway had a relatively high foreign-born population (15%) and its foreign immigration level (equivalent to about 0.9% of the Norwegian population in 2017) was above the EU’s average. The same pattern is true of Austria. 

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Fake news.  Poland has had three terror attacks since 2015, one carried out by an anti-immigrant terrorist. 

Really? I count one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Wrocław_attack

One injured...not exactly a bang-up job.

What are the other two?

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

As usual, anything positive posted about Muslims is discounted by the usual suspects. #NoGoodMuslims

How does one tell which Muslims are the good ones again? You know, as opposed to the one that is going to conduct Jihad...

How do we know? Ignore and I'll assume we simply can't. Maybe today is my lucky day...eh?

--------------

What Muslim majority country can we look at that demonstrates what you're saying about Islam being nothing but love and peace? 

Ignore and I'll assume there are none...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Positive stories are the same as negative stories.  Regardless of who they are about, the expression "not all of them" applies.

Not all of them, and not the acts of individuals. It is movements that make a difference.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's starting to be a badge of honor being called an Islamophobe by the love struck Islamophiles. 

Wear it with pride.

Being an islamophile is actually sounding more disgusting than being an islamophobe.

Because islamophile rhymes with pedophile.

And Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old, called Aisha. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Being an islamophile is actually sounding more disgusting than being an islamophobe.

Because islamophile rhymes with pedophile.

And Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old, called Aisha. :)

Imagine it being another religion and run the scenarios...nobody would put-up with Christianity lording over society like Islam is allowed to do with impunity. 

Nobody frickin' cares if a Buddhist gets offended...or a Mormon...

But Islam...thou shalt not be critical of this desert cult under pain of censorship/deplatforming/ostracization.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Imagine it being another religion and run the scenarios...nobody would put-up with Christianity lording over society like Islam is allowed to do with impunity. 

Nobody frickin' cares if a Buddhist gets offended...or a Mormon...

But Islam...thou shalt not be critical of this desert cult under pain of censorship/deplatforming/ostracization.

Exactly :)

But not for people who have common sense and are starting to wake up, a larger and a larger proportion of people are becoming hostile to islamism. I think it's a victory for freedom and democracy. Islam is a religion that will be crushed eventually. Remember that Islam occupied Spain for more than 600 years, and was eventually expelled from the western part of the European Continent. It's because Islam is not adapted to technology, progress, morality, etc. Societally, islamism may never win in the West. It's too backward.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Exactly :)

But not for people who have common sense and are starting to wake up, a larger and a larger proportion of people are becoming hostile to islamism. I think it's a victory for freedom and democracy. Islam is a religion that will be crushed eventually. Remember that Islam occupied Spain for more than 600 years, and was eventually expelled from the western part of the European Continent. It's because Islam is not adapted to technology, progress, morality, etc. Societally, islamism may never win in the West. It's too backward.

Churchill summed-up Islam brilliantly. And he'd know...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Churchill summed-up Islam brilliantly. And he'd know...

I would go further than him, and say something about incest and Islam, the deadliest and most regressive cult the word has ever had to endure.

Islam permits, and encourages, marriage by first cousins.

It's been almost 40 generations that some Islamist portions of the Middle East -among other Muslim countries- have been doing that.

How has that affected the gene pool? Answer me sincerely. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

That's right, the media. They don't come here, we go there. All this babble is a reflection of it.

What do you mean 'reflection' ?  The stories here come from everywhere, and the thread filters out good stories by the nature of the thread and who is posting.  

Are you trying to say there are few/no good stories ?  People have negative perceptions ?  What ?  Just say it. Whatever your point is, it's not worth endless back-and-forth.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

How has that affected the gene pool? Answer me sincerely. 

Negatively, of course. There's a much higher chance of negative recessive genes making a match. (See the Russian Royal Family)

But the Quran is specific as to who is okay to wed...

O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

You, [O Muhammad], may put aside whom you will of them or take to yourself whom you will. And any that you desire of those [wives] from whom you had [temporarily] separated - there is no blame upon you [in returning her]. That is more suitable that they should be content and not grieve and that they should be satisfied with what you have given them - all of them. And Allah knows what is in your hearts. And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.

Not lawful to you, [O Muhammad], are [any additional] women after [this], nor [is it] for you to exchange them for [other] wives, even if their beauty were to please you, except what your right hand possesses. And ever is Allah, over all things, an Observer.

https://quran.com/33/50-60?translations=20

What the right hand possesses is/are slave girls. There's nothing that says your first or second cousin by birth is forbidden. Seems that you can't trade-in your old Muslim wife for a hotter model...but slave girls...Infidels...no problemo...to evoke The Fonz.

Off to the slave markets!

(Islam condones slavery if you haven't guessed...)

As for child marriages, Muhammad's example of marrying a six year old pretty much set the standard. If it's okay for the Perfect Man...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Guilty until proven innocent...the new way.

;)

That's the answer you've been looking for. You keep asking 'how do we know which Muslims....?' Look around and see for yourself. But your take is, guilty until proven innocent a hundred times and even after that a suspect.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What do you mean 'reflection' ?  The stories here come from everywhere, and the thread filters out good stories by the nature of the thread and who is posting.  

Are you trying to say there are few/no good stories ?  People have negative perceptions ?  What ?  Just say it. Whatever your point is, it's not worth endless back-and-forth.

Exactly.

Plus, negative perception sells, and the media feeds on what sells. That was another thing I tried to say. Sorry if I bored you, do carry on.

Edited by OftenWrong

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Plus, negative perception sells, and the media feeds on what sells.

2. That was another thing I tried to say. Sorry if I bored you, do carry on.

1. Ok.  Got it.  Yes, conflict and contest are exciting and edu-tainment is driven by it absolutely.  The smart people do their work quietly outside the public eye.  You don't know the names of many successful billionaires and they like it that way.  It's another way that our political systems have grown ill-suited to their purposes.

2. No, I wasn't bored I just wanted to understand you.  Thanks for clarifying.

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

Yes, yes.

So then when you said THIS:

I've never said person x should be safe in places x and x.

Who were you referring to ?  Muslims who write heresy ?  When should people not expect to be safe and when is that acceptable ?  

Let's cut to the chase: do you accept that nations should be pluralistic ?   ie. Should allow people to practice faith, or not, in peace ?

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

So then when you said THIS:

Who were you referring to ?  Muslims who write heresy ?  When should people not expect to be safe and when is that acceptable ?  

Let's cut to the chase: do you accept that nations should be pluralistic ?   ie. Should allow people to practice faith, or not, in peace ?

If you followed the quotes you'd know I was simply rejecting an assertion made by someone else that "according to me she should be safe in the Netherlands and US".

I never said so so it isn't exactly "according to me"