This week in Islam

kimmy

51 minutes ago, Goddess said:

As I said, the comments are from his videos - which you have watched - but I don't care to listen to radical Islamists.  Sorry.

Well anyway about the piece you quoted. It has nothing "extreme" or radical in it except for a few misquotiations and a few generalisations which I doubt he would agree with. These are a fundamental part of Islam, though their specific application to practice varies a bit:

1)certain types of music are considered haram and dancing in places with both sexs present. Some think women can't dance among themselves either.

2)There's a sharia ruling for cutting off hands, obviously(as if it was his personal opinion - what an objective  article)

3)The "beating" of a wife verse is in the Qur'an.

4)Sex with a captive also in the Qur'an - except that in reality they don't have a "right" to sex, but they have a right to have sex if he and the captive so agree, seeing as sex outside marriage on all other situations is absolutely prohibited.

5)The Qur'an certainly does not assign death penalty on homosexuals. In any case a punishment isn't in existence legally for being a homosexuals, but for being witnessed having intercourse with a man.

6)I believe in some situations suicide bombing would be allowed in war outside of Islam as well.

5 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Well anyway about the piece you quoted. It has nothing "extreme" or radical in it except for a few misquotiations and a few generalisations which I doubt he would agree with. These are a fundamental part of Islam, though their specific application to practice varies a bit:

1)certain types of music are considered haram and dancing in places with both sexs present. Some think women can't dance among themselves either.

2)There's a sharia ruling for cutting off hands, obviously(as if it was his personal opinion - what an objective  article)

3)The "beating" of a wife verse is in the Qur'an.

4)Sex with a captive also in the Qur'an - except that in reality they don't have a "right" to sex, but they have a right to have sex if he and the captive so agree, seeing as sex outside marriage on all other situations is absolutely prohibited.

5)The Qur'an certainly does not assign death penalty on homosexuals. In any case a punishment isn't in existence legally for being a homosexuals, but for being witnessed having intercourse with a man.

6)I believe in some situations suicide bombing would be allowed in war outside of Islam as well.

Yes, it's a pretty extreme religion, which lends itself open to even further extremism.  That's the problem.

they have a right to have sex if he and the captive so agree,

Yes, because sooooo many women beg to have sex with their captors.  Get real.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Goddess said:

2010, wonder if it still holds?

Nice article, still very "objective":

"A review of his lectures and interviews, however, reveals that Naik has spoken in support of Osama bin Laden, saying, “If he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him.” He has also voiced virulent anti-American views, comparing the Americans to pigs, advancing the view that 9/11 was an inside job planned by U.S. politicians, and calling President George W. Bush “the world’s number one terrorist.” In addition, he has described the Jews as the Muslims’ biggest enemies, and has spoken in favor of polygamy and a husband’s right to beat his wife."

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Yes, it's a pretty extreme religion, which lends itself open to even further extremism.  That's the problem.

Yes, because sooooo many women beg to have sex with their captors.  Get real.

You'd be surprised. Would be if you studied a bit of psychology and history.

4 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Would be if you studied a bit of psychology and history.

You'd be surprised what I know about psychology and history.  And radical religions.

Anyways, you are exactly like almost every other Muslim I've met - same beliefs.  I don't subscribe to your beliefs of wife-beating, rape, misogyny, killing of homosexuals and adulterers or jihad.  Same weasel-y answers, too.

Done with you.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Underage Yazidi war bride, anyone?  Anyone?

They aren't necessarily brides. One can marry the captive too if they like but it isn't necessary.

BTW in those days in Arabia and elsewhere in the world before Islam when women were caught as captives there were no rules. The captive could be and was frequently forced into prostitution, any member of the household could have sex with her,she didn't have any rights, she could be raped and beaten etc. Islam made the rules: She cannot be beaten (or raped). Slapping a captive, whether male or female, would free the captive. She couldn't be forced into prostitution. Only one man was allowed to be intimate with her, if he chooses to do so the captive gains a similar position to a wife in the household. Etc.

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Done with you.

Well I hope I won't hear of you again then. ^^

31 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Well I hope I won't hear of you again then. ^^

You likely will see me here again.  I'm not one of the ones who "claims" to speak out against radical Islam and then......doesn't.

But you've made your beliefs clear so I have no need to engage you further.  I will continue to refute your recruiting efforts  here, though.

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You likely will see me here again.  I'm not one of the ones who "claims" to speak out against radical Islam and then......doesn't.

But you've made your beliefs clear so I have no need to engage you further.  I will continue to refute your recruiting here, though.

You're not speaking out against radical Islam but against Islam. What you do is also called spreading of false information/propaganda, enticing violence against certain religious groups and hate speech among others. Hundreds of millions of dollars at the very least are being paid and received for such work in the world but you do it for free - judging by the quality of your work.

3 hours ago, Marocc said:

You're not speaking out against radical Islam but against Islam. What you do is also called spreading of false information/propaganda, enticing violence against certain religious groups and hate speech among others. Hundreds of millions of dollars at the very least are being paid and received for such work in the world but you do it for free - judging by the quality of your work.

Why would anyone speak out against Islam that wasn't radical?  Who cares about a Muslim who doesn't care what anyone else does?

42 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Why would anyone speak out against Islam that wasn't radical?  Who cares about a Muslim who doesn't care what anyone else does?

What is radical Islam?

According to you people by large it is Islam, and what you call Islam, is the "faith" of a non-practising Muslim. That's why.

a Muslim by definition cares for other people, but maybe you meant someone who let's other people be free so to speak.

Like those islamophobes who say "practising islam is ok. Perfectly fine, but praying in public is a political act." they think Islam is something that must happen in private - hopefully they at least share that same logic with other religions.

37 minutes ago, Marocc said:

What is radical Islam?

According to you people by large it is Islam, and what you call Islam, is the "faith" of a non-practising Muslim. That's why.

a Muslim by definition cares for other people, but maybe you meant someone who let's other people be free so to speak.

Like those islamophobes who say "practising islam is ok. Perfectly fine, but praying in public is a political act." they think Islam is something that must happen in private - hopefully they at least share that same logic with other religions.

To me a radical is someone who tries to change someone else's behaviour.  I support the right of any individual to believe whatever they want, and to live up to those beliefs within the law.  Anyone who tries to get someone else to live up to them, by force,  is a radical.  In my opinion.  I don't like them.

I don't care if someone prays in public.  I would support anyone who said the call to prayer was disturbing the peace.  It's the 21st Century.  Let them use texts.

13 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I would support anyone who said the call to prayer was disturbing the peace.  It's the 21st Century.  Let them use texts.

It's a physical act to show dominance over all others by literally overpowering you with the call to prayer.

Sort of like me blaring Iron Maiden at top volume in a quiet residential neighbourhood...it's a big FU to many folks trying to sleep-in...except Iron Maiden fans...they quite like it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's a physical act to show dominance over all others by literally overpowering you with the call to prayer.

Sort of like me blaring Iron Maiden at top volume in a quiet residential neighbourhood...it's a big FU to many folks trying to sleep-in...except Iron Maiden fans...they quite like it. 

Exactly.  I don't agree with blocking public streets for prayers or slaughtering of animals or blaring loudspeakers of religious mumbo-jumbo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Exactly.  I don't agree with blocking public streets for prayers or slaughtering of animals or blaring loudspeakers of religious mumbo-jumbo.

The blocking of public streets happens too often in Europe.  According to this, France banned it   https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2435/france-bans-muslim-street-prayers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

The effect was palpable here...in order to get the local mosque to stop, city hall had to pass a by-law where no religious noises/etc were allowed...so no church bells allowed as well as mosque calls to prayer. Gotta be fair... Though I notice the one old church downtown has started doing its 12 noon bells again...guess nobody has complained.

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

The blocking of public streets happens too often in Europe.  According to this, France banned it   https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2435/france-bans-muslim-street-prayers

As a French Canadian who lived in France for 2 years, I can attest this is true. Street prayers were banned around 2011, when there were street prayers in Paris downtown, with calls to kills Jews.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The effect was palpable here...in order to get the local mosque to stop, city hall had to pass a by-law where no religious noises/etc were allowed...so no church bells allowed as well as mosque calls to prayer. Gotta be fair... Though I notice the one old church downtown has started doing its 12 noon bells again...guess nobody has complained.

That's too bad.  The town I work in has a church that rings the hour and it's kind of helpful and nice sounding.

23 hours ago, Marocc said:

You're not speaking out against radical Islam but against Islam. 

By Western standards much of what constitutes mainstream Islamic doctrine is extremist and radical.

Liberals ignore it by pretending Muslims are as devoted to their religion as the liberals are - which is to say not at all, and that they don't really believe any of that stuff.

Muslims slaughter cow in Home Depot parking lot...as is their Allah given right under the Sharia.

The poor fella escaped while his tormentors were getting ready to gut him alive at a halal meat market. So...fuck the kafir's laws...slaughter the beast anywhere. Apparently they were shooting a bow at the poor creature at the same time.

Cop is disgusted...but lets them go.

If you have a problem with this, you're obviously an Islamophobe.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/wild-video-shows-cow-chased-to-its-death-in-home-depot-parking-lot/

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Muslims slaughter cow in Home Depot parking lot...as is their Allah given right under the Sharia.

The poor fella escaped while his tormentors were getting ready to gut him alive at a halal meat market. So...fuck the kafir's laws...slaughter the beast anywhere. Apparently they were shooting a bow at the poor creature at the same time.

Cop is disgusted...but lets them go.

If you have a problem with this, you're obviously an Islamophobe.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/wild-video-shows-cow-chased-to-its-death-in-home-depot-parking-lot/

So why did the cop not do his job then? 

20 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

So why did the cop not do his job then? 

Maybe it was cowardice.  If he ever moves to the UK, he could get a job in Rotherham.

More likely though, he just didn't have a clue.  I mean, is it against the law to kill a cow in a car park?  Probably, but as it wasn't in the manual he erred on the side of caution.

He should have been able to bang someone up for the bow thing though.

Edited by bcsapper