Do some Posters insult with impunity?

Wild Bill

I wonder if the Mods would mind if we all posted our warnings in a dedicated thread? We could reminisce about old battles, insults, and misunderstandings, and more importantly, profile the kind of behaviours that incur the wrath of the MLW gods.

Anybody interested in airing dirty laundry? I'll show you mine if you show me yours. tongue.png

What would be the point? All that would do is basically snitch on the mods but you still wouldn't have a clue who's snitched on you. All we can do is take each other's word on who has or hasn't. Knowing whether that reporting actually results in you or anyone else being banned would require the mods to name names. The best anyone could hope for is that they'd back up your claim that you'd never reported anyone but I wouldn't expect them to support a reverse witch-hunt based on some process of elimination.

I guess it's obvious why almost no one likes a snitch or being perceived as one. I imagine having to deal with them on an ongoing basis must get to be a real pain in the ass.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I guess it's obvious why almost no one likes a snitch or being perceived as one. I imagine having to deal with them on an ongoing basis must get to be a real pain in the ass.

No witch hunt...just laughs. OK....sorry...I'm guessing you wouldn't like Truth and Reconciliation Commissions either....those aren't very funny.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I get insulted personally darn nearly every time I post anything at all. I've given up reporting it long ago. I just take it as part in parcel of posting a right wing position in a left wing world.

Actually you get picked on a bit because you're nuts. I dont mean that as an insult, in fact I kinda like that about you. But you post wacky bizzaro stuff that makes people on both ends of the spectrum wonder what the hell you're smoking.

Actually you get picked on a bit because you're nuts. I dont mean that as an insult, in fact I kinda like that about you. But you post wacky bizzaro stuff that makes people on both ends of the spectrum wonder what the hell you're smoking.

I think a lot of my posts are quite good. Some of the ones about dictatorships and Papa Harper are out there a bit I'll concede. Unfortunately that the crazy posts seem to overshadow my reasonable posts. So I get pegged into the severe nut job category.

I think a lot of my posts are quite good. Some of the ones about dictatorships and Papa Harper are out there a bit I'll concede. Unfortunately that the crazy posts seem to overshadow my reasonable posts. So I get pegged into the severe nut job category.

I got a witty response, but unfortunately some people might it offensive :P

• Forum Admin

I got one warning point for not using quotes...and another warning point for using full quotes.

So much for consistent moderation.

Sigh, it's hard to enforce rules, when members refuse to read and understand the rules.

Read this

Trim your Replies

When replying to a post, quote only what is needed for context. No one is interested in reading the entire post again! Quoting the entire post wastes expensive bandwidth and is just plain annoying. After hitting the quote button, please remove those portions of the post that are unrelated to your response

The rule is pretty simple - what is hard to understand about insisting a member use the quoting feature to quote other member's posts, and then insisting the quote is properly trimmed?

What would be the point? All that would do is basically snitch on the mods but you still wouldn't have a clue who's snitched on you.

I believe in open justice. When it's not open you can only suspect prejudices, biases, or that nothing whatever was done.

I've already posted what got me suspended. You can judge the appropriateness yourself. I have had warnings for insults in the past (justifiably), and a few which were borderline (Ie, using foul language even though I actually used asterixes).

Edited by Argus

I don't think the problem is really the topics. Nor would sequestering them in a separate area do much. I mean, people can already avoid topics they aren't interested in

I'm not sure about that.

I started a thread about Attawapiskat that seen long time poster charter of rights (or something like that) get banned for the comments he made.There may have been others that were banned on that thread?

In fact the thread was even suspended for a period of time!

Native rights issues threads,for some reason pull up a lot of muck from the bottom,among other issues.

WWWTT

I guess it's obvious why almost no one likes a snitch or being perceived as one. I imagine having to deal with them on an ongoing basis must get to be a real pain in the ass.

You know what's worse than a snitch?

Someone who makes racist, insulting,threatening comments.

WWWTT

The rule is pretty simple - what is hard to understand about insisting a member use the quoting feature to quote other member's posts, and then insisting the quote is properly trimmed?

It's hard to understand because I have seen Michael Hardner (moderator) break this rule.

WWWTT

Sigh, it's hard to enforce rules, when members refuse to read and understand the rules.

Read this

I believe we all understand the rules here. As a person who spent a month in the cooler myself, it was my foul language that triggered the vacation. And really since I broke the rules I have no problem with it. We understand the site is not as moderated as it once was. That alone seemed to have allowed posters (yes including myself) to abuse the rules a little because there was no one holding us accountable. But being adults (I guess) we should know better and treat each other with some respect. And again I am guilty of veiled insults at other posters, but only because the insults came my way first.

I have reported people that have outright made an insult towards me, and I would expect others to report me if I made derogatory insults to others.

There are others that are kind of pissed that their behaviors got them banned while trying to scapegoat it on someone else. Many of the replies in this thread alone seem to lend some evidence to that.

Anyways, people need to stop crying about the rules and just post like adults while trying not to bait someone else into a certain response, aka trolling, which is also not allowed here but harder to moderate in a sense because in some cases, it's hard to tell if they are trolling, or genuinely believe whatever it is they are posting.

I don't hold any ill will towards you or Charles, or any other poster on this board. At one time I may have, but in the end, it's simply a waste of energy to continue holding any kind of grudge.

Guest Derek L

I don't believe I've ever reported anyone...if I'm insulted I return the favour ...and if the insult was really nasty and uncalled for I put the offender on ignore I don't like being provoked it brings out my nasty side...

I seem to remember you and I did time together for remarks we made to olpfan unsure.png