What video games are you playing right now?

Started playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a few weeks ago. Been playing this series since Daggerfall (the one on PC-only before Morrowind). It's fairly similar to Oblivion, with some streamlining to the RPG elements (good & bad). Glad the annoying Oblivion gates are gone, replaced with somewhat annoying dragons.

Still a great game, very addicting. Wish they added more changes though. Graphics on Xbox 360 are starting to look a bit dated, not a massive upgrade from Oblivion... can't wait to see this series on next-gen consoles.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power

My first time to get into this type of RPG. It takes a while to learn the curves but boy, I love this kind of game, and am enjoying this one. I'll have to get the other title, and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series!

There's not much to be said about graphics here, compared to the other popular RPGs.

I'm not that heavy into graphics though - I'm more into gameplay, and ease of controls. I still tinker with my collections of PS1 titles

Edited by betsy

Started playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a few weeks ago. Been playing this series since Daggerfall (the one on PC-only before Morrowind). It's fairly similar to Oblivion, with some streamlining to the RPG elements (good & bad). Glad the annoying Oblivion gates are gone, replaced with somewhat annoying dragons.

Still a great game, very addicting. Wish they added more changes though. Graphics on Xbox 360 are starting to look a bit dated, not a massive upgrade from Oblivion... can't wait to see this series on next-gen consoles.

Do you play on PC or Xbox?

From time to time.

SNES and PSX:

Earthbound

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III (GBA)

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Breath of Fire I

Breath of Fire II

Breath of Fire III

Breath of Fire IV

Chrono Cross

Chrono Trigger

Xenogears

Zelda - A link to the past

Super Mario RPG

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Lufia

Lufia II

Gemfire

PTO II

Aerobiz Supersonic

Liberty of Death

Romance of the Three Kingdoms III

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI

Utopia - The Creation of a Nation

Monkey Island

Monkey Island II

Monkey Island III

Monkey Island IV

Europa Universalis III

Civilization II

Civilization III

Civilization IV

StarCraft

Online Diplomacy

and Star Trek Online

Other than the final two - neither of which I've played in months - none of them are new. (Though EUIII is recent)

Being an old boy I don't much like video games. Back in the day, we played Doom with our PC's linked together. Cooperative mode, or death match.

But I do have a Nintendo Wii and only play one game on it, Don King Boxing. Really seems to be the best boxing simulation I've played, and I've tried several boxing games on X-Box, Playstation and Wii. It has to be motion controlled, otherwise there's no point twiddling your thumbs.

I just finished Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm a few years behind. ;)

One of the most stunning games I have ever played. The story was a little strange, but overall the monsters were epic and the battles insane. As games go, this one really stands out as different from all other genres.

One of the most stunning games I have ever played. The story was a little strange, but overall the monsters were epic and the battles insane. As games go, this one really stands out as different from all other genres.

Totally agree. Along with God of War 1 & 2, Shadow of Colossus was my favorite game on PS2. It was like a beautiful puzzle game, but the puzzles were insanely huge monsters. Much more innovate that ICO, which went more with the stereotypical "pull the switch/lever, move the crate" puzzles.

I think with the proliferation of smart phone to gaming industry is making gaming a much smaller cheaper realm.

The idea you can simply download a game for less than $5 and in some cases free is making people less willing to part with $60+ for a big budget game.

I just bought a game on my Droid phone called Osmosis HD, very simply but fun, great graphics too. Only $3.

Even the downloadable content on the consoles is overpriced. Especially considering Xbox Liver still rips you off by making you buy points in preset increments instead of just putting the actual price of the game.

The game costs $12 but you can only buy $15 worth of points. :rolleyes:

I've always been exclusively a PC gamer, never owned a console game system of any sort. Most recent game I've been playing is Diablo 3.

I have a PS2 which I have not played in years, and I am much like you, PC. One problem that is getting mroe evident as time goes on are that most PC games are just ports from console games. So the controls are cumbersome on a mouse/kb if you don't have a controller.

Batman Arkham Asylum had funky controls I could not adjust so I played about 10 minutes and gave up. Pity too because I have heard so many good things about it. Dead Space has the same cumbersome action on the controls, but I liked it enough to get through part of it.

Games that don't allow for custom controls make me angry.

The same studio that produced that (and it's predecessor Ico) is coming out with a new game for the next gen systems this fall called The Last Guardian. It looks, uh,

Yeah. I have the PS3 version of SotC and ICO, so there's some videos about the production of The Last Guardian. It's supposed to be a combination of the two games. The graphics did look quite impressive in the videos too.

I think all Boomers who have computers should play games to keep the mind sharp but I'm not going to spend big bucks on video games when I can play games online. Anyone who want to check out some of the websites I go to....www.bigfishgames.com, www.housegames.com, www.pogo.com, MSN.com, www.iwin.com and they have all types are games to chose from. They are free, so enjoy.

I miss the glory days of PC gaming. I used to play consoles when I was younger, NES and SNES, but then I got into the PC around the time of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Tie Fighter, X-Com and all those awesome games from the 90's that followed. I never had a Playstation 1 because PC games were better IMO, except for sports games in some cases.

Then PS2/Xbox came out and PC gaming became too expensive to keep up with all the graphics cards etc. you then had to buy. As someone just mentioned PC gaming is not what it was because most major games now are console ports or MMO's. I still like strategy games and simulations on PC though.

I thought PC gaming from the 90's was the best era ever for gaming because you had so many different kinds of games from all genres, tons of great FPS, strategy, racing, RPG's, simulation games etc. For consoles now you get mostly FPS/shooters and other action/adventure games with the rare RPG thrown in, & cash-in sequels every year with no innovation.