What video games are you playing right now?

You can actually get mods that mod the leveling system into something more to your liking.
It is easier to open the cheat console and pretend i just spent 60 minutes casting the same spell over and over. If I am careful about how I use it can get a reasonable game experience without making my character over powered.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easier to open the cheat console and pretend i just spent 60 minutes casting the same spell over and over. If I am careful about how I use it can get a reasonable game experience without making my character over powered.

That works too....yea olde setav to....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finished Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Really good game. Far more stealth elements brought back into the series, though I liked the Jason Bourne-esque action from last game too. Playing throughout Washington DC (including the White House) was really fun from last game but the international levels in this game are well done too.

Platform arcade puzzle game from Steam called

FEZ, actually quite interesting in game play. 2D world but rotate around a 3D object. One view things may not line up, but in another view they will, allowing you to pass or jump to the next part you need to be in.

Artwork kind of reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

Space Engineers (alpha) Voxel game allowing you to mine asteroids craft item and build spaceships that you can operate, and stations for a home base. And with MP going live soon, team play for mining and fighting. Some of the stuff done in creative mode is crazy.. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=244850

Something that is looking good, is 7 Days to Die. Another voxel game focused on zombie survival, tower defense, crafting ect. Looks really good.

And DAY-Z is in development to be a full stand alone game. Built on the ARMA III engine. It's broken as it is early access, but I am told it looks really good.

And a nice one just came out for PC. PAC MAN Championship DX Edition. The new game modes bring this classic up to date with some time trials, eat total ghosts and points total. This is a must for any Pac Man Fan.

Merry Gaming.

Cyber, I've played through Dishonoured, great game. It has some gameplay elements that allow you to change the way you'd normally play, adding more fun to it. I also love the setting, a once great city now crumbling into ruin. Actually I intend to play through it again and try some different methods and approaches.

XCOM, just started it the other night. It seems like a good one and I was having fun with it but I had a few too many beverages and lost the ability to play sensibly so I packed it in for the night. My friend swears by it though, even going so far as to say that its better than Civ V. The shear nerve of him! Keep in mind though the fact that he's never played Civ V since he games on console so that's probably just the fanboy in him speaking.

My friend swears by it though, even going so far as to say that its better than Civ V. The shear nerve of him! Keep in mind though the fact that he's never played Civ V since he games on console so that's probably just the fanboy in him speaking.

Two different types of turn based strategy. That is about there the similarity ends.

Cyber, I've played through Dishonoured, great game. It has some gameplay elements that allow you to change the way you'd normally play, adding more fun to it. I also love the setting, a once great city now crumbling into ruin. Actually I intend to play through it again and try some different methods and approaches.

XCOM, just started it the other night. It seems like a good one and I was having fun with it but I had a few too many beverages and lost the ability to play sensibly so I packed it in for the night. My friend swears by it though, even going so far as to say that its better than Civ V. The shear nerve of him! Keep in mind though the fact that he's never played Civ V since he games on console so that's probably just the fanboy in him speaking.

XCOM is quite possibly my favourite game. It's one of the only games that I finished and wanted to go back and play through it again.

Pro Tip: Start on easy. Seriously. The game is stupid difficult. It's not the missions that are the problem, but managing the XCOM project that poses challenges.

One of my very favorite games of all-time, holds up extremely well to the test of time since I only played through it all a few years old.

Played the original X-Com back in the day, hopefully will get around to playing the new remake, gets good reviews.

Me too. It was great for the time.

If I want to dust off one of the classics, though, it has to be this critter. Still a keeper after all this time.

Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Alpha_Centauri

Edited by DogOnPorch

If I want to dust off one of the classics, though, it has to be this critter. Still a keeper after all this time.

Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg

that the most addicting game I've ever played. I remember playing all-day (and into the late evening) marathons where I would go without meals LOL. The Civilization series is of course similar and just as addicting. I also really loved Civilization Revolution on consoles

that the most addicting game I've ever played. I remember playing all-day (and into the late evening) marathons where I would go without meals LOL. The Civilization series is of course similar and just as addicting. I also really loved Civilization Revolution on consoles

The AI can still kick my rear-end in SMAC at the higher settings. I'm also a long time Civ fan from when it first appeared. Many, many hours....

Another good ol' Sid Meier game that still has a big following is Sid Meier's Civil War which does a great job at depicting large scale battles in fine detail. Plus it was very colourful...each regiment had its own uniform, flags, etc. I was a big Pirates fan, too...but the second release was a bit of a disappointment on some levels.

g07552xkbbf.jpg

One of my very favorite games of all-time, holds up extremely well to the test of time since I only played through it all a few years old.

Played the original X-Com back in the day, hopefully will get around to playing the new remake, gets good reviews.

The new XCOM is quite good. Many elements more simplified, but makes the gameplay much better. Kind of like how Civ V simplified things over Civ IV. Even on easy it is still quite challenging. And you ARE going to lose some of your best soldiers. I tried to keep them alive, but you get surprised many times. The cross section hive interface on your base is actually very well done.

It is worth picking up.

Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg

In my opinion, this is without a doubt the best turn based strategy game of all time. While similar in style to the Civ games, the depth of strategy and customization in this game is unparalleled in any of the Civ series. Additionally, the personalities, voices, quotes, lore, and story of this game easily eclipse that of the Civ games, despite the fact that Civ games had vast amounts of interesting historical material to draw upon while Alpha Centauri had to be made up from scratch. The 7 factions are significantly different, encouraging strongly varying playstyles depending on which you pick, and yet the balance between them is superb, a feat rarely achieved in any genre of gaming. This game cannot be praised enough. If you like turn based strategy, you have to play this game. If you don't like turn based strategy, you will after you try this one.

Edited by Bonam

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...