Jack Layton Dies...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was expected (if this report is true) - but not this quick - He must have had remarkable resolve to have keep functioning this long. His last public appearance showed a man who kept fighting to the bitter end...a lot tougher than most imagined...just hope that those that follow will at least embrace his centralist social policy - Like a corporation - once the founder is gone...all hell breaks loose and the company forgets it`s purpose - This is very sad - I send my heart felt sympathy and love to his family...this will be very difficult for them - God speed Jack - you are safe and saved.

So sad, he had a lot to live for but it wasn't meant to be. When you watch your loved one die of cancer it take a heavy toll on you. I knew he was on his way out, he had the look of death, as one of my parents, who died of this disease, not long ago. Jack did his best to fight for the little guy and will always be remembered as such. God bless him and his family. http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20110822/ndp-leader-jacklayton-obit/

I can't believe it.

The guy seems to be in perfect health. Even biking!

NDP may have hard time to replace him.

Being thin does not constitute good health - anyone who has had a family member parish from cancer, clearly knew that brave Jack was on his last lap...I remember that look - my father had it - such horrific suffering for the victim of the disease and great sorrow for the loving family. This man whether you agreed with him or not was so dedicated that he sacraficed himself for the good of the people - He can not be replaced...and he did show what greatness was...a hero -

This is terrible news. If only all politicians had his resolve, dedication, and character, regardless of their political stripes, Ottawa would be a much more functional and dependable place.

Better to have a zealot than a lazy oaf with his feet on the desk waiting for lunch to arrive.

Very sad news. In a cruel twist of fate, Layton finally saw success this year in a career full of frustrations, but couldn't enjoy what he had achieved.

RIP.

That happens too often.

At least he got to see his achievement happen. Unlike Moses he did cross to the Promised Land.

He was not my favorite guy, and I never would have voted for the policies he advocated.

But he had balls, and he was no dummy. No one will ever accuse him of having been an empty suit like so many of those people in Ottawa.

I totally agree. I never liked much of what he was selling, but he made political debates worth watching, and he really did resonate with a lot of people. I would not wish what he went through on anyone.

But he had balls, and he was no dummy. No one will ever accuse him of having been an empty suit like so many of those people in Ottawa.

He was better than most but I wouldn't beatify him in death. Remember he was human and had his foibles.

Hey guys

I just discovered this forum today, thoughts and prayers go out to Olivia and the family as well as all Canadians of all political or independent stripes

I am 16 years old, male, living in Grande Prairie, Alberta, but am a political and historical junkie. This forum was made for me!

I look forward to posting from now on, this forum also appears extremely active :D

RIP Jack

Guest Derek L

Never liked his politics, but still shocked to hear he went so soon..........that last news conference was telling......

With Layton's death, does this mean a rebirth of the Liberal party sooner than expected?

Never liked his politics, but still shocked to hear he went so soon..........that last news conference was telling......

With Layton's death, does this mean a rebirth of the Liberal party sooner than expected?

Which one is the cause and which one is the effect but I predict the Libs will gain and the NDP will lose. If an election were sooner the pity effect might have played a part but not on this time scale.

Guest Derek L

Which one is the cause and which one is the effect but I predict the Libs will gain and the NDP will lose. If an election were sooner the pity effect might have played a part but not on this time scale.

Perhaps a future Bloc rebirth also...........I'm waiting for the knives to come out in the federal NDP now........perhaps they should consider talks with the Liberals about a future merger........ ;)