Rampant antisemitism remains prevalent

Bonam

On 4/14/2017 at 8:51 AM, bcsapper said:

It's fun.  That's why I'm on here.  I don't come here to agree with people.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:51 AM, bcsapper said:

It's fun.  That's why I'm on here.  I don't come here to agree with people.

I agree. It's fun. It's great to be able to come here and challenge historical events, and get other opinions on those events or post other interesting topics that needs to be questioned and discussed. It's hard to find anyone here that I can agree with, and that makes for some interesting discussions. So, it's play on.  :D 

On 4/14/2017 at 9:05 AM, Argus said:

The only reason it's a sensitive subject is because the only motivation for holocaust denial is antisemitism. There has never been a holocaust denier who was not also a rabid antisemite. 

Don't talk silly. It has nothing to do with anti-semitism at all. That is all in your creative and imaginative mind. This is always the excuse by any group who has something to hide is to try and drive people away from the conversation at hand by trying to shut them down by calling them names. When this is done then that topic needs to be debated more. 

There are good and bad people in all walks of life. Some will tell the truth, and others will tell lies. That is why there should never be any laws against questioning anything historical. When that happens, like in Germany, then that makes that historical event look mighty suspicious all the more. 

30 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You have every right to deny whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned.  I do not agree with any attempts to make holocaust denial illegal.  You're motives are your own.  If someone thinks you are anti-semitic, they have the right to say so.

Hey, I believe in free speech. If one thinks that I am anti-semetic because of my opinions and points of view well than so be it. But if someone says something not so nice about the white race than I will be right there also calling them anti-white. That is what freedom of speech is all about? The right to be offended. I can accept your right to your freedom of speech but you dam well better respect mine.  

But it has gotten to the point now where all someone has to do is go running to the government, and cry that they are feeling offended over what someone says, and bango the politicians try to make it a law that one cannot offend someone else over whatever. Many people have become over sensitive cry babies these days.

Political correctness gone bonkers.  

28 minutes ago, Rue said:

Trust me Taxme no one is going bonkers and running to the government about you. You need to chill man.

Well, that is what that M 103 Muslim woman has done. She went crying to the government because she was offended that some people were appearing to be too anti-Islamic for her and her sensitive hurt feelings. But thanks, I feel so much better now knowing that no one here will be running to big brother and complaining to some politician that I am being too politically incorrect here. WHEW. Now I can chill out.  :D 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Interesting, you get banned around here for telling someone they're racist.

That's the difference between freedom of speech, as allowed by law (or should be)  and belonging to an organization. They have rules. They don't have to make sense. 

Edited by bcsapper

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 6:52 PM, eyeball said:

Interesting, you get banned around here for telling someone they're racist.

There's a difference between challenging the words of a person as being bigoted and calling the person a bigot.

As for you, the amount of times you've made personal remarks at people is legendary.

Now let's deal specifically with denying the holocaust. If you don't think denying the holocaust is part of an anti-Semitic agenda, good for you.

If you think its fun questioning the holocaust as Taxme has suggested go have fun with him. Go march on the streets and demand you be able to build time shares in Auschwitz.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Rue said:

There's a difference between challenging the words of a person as being bigoted and calling the person a bigot.

How come you edited your original post, did Hardner give you shit too or something?

As for you, the amount of times you've made personal remarks at people is legendary.

I don't suffer fools gladly, I'll give you that.

Now let's deal specifically with denying the holocaust. If you don't think denying the holocaust is part of an anti-Semitic agenda, good for you.

Denying that happened is just plain stupid.

If you think its fun questioning the holocaust as Taxme has suggested go have fun with him. Go march on the streets and demand you be able to build time shares in Auschwitz.

Anyone who suggests that's what I'm doing is a lying sack of shit.

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

How come you edited your original post, did Hardner give you shit too or something?

I don't suffer fools gladly, I'll give you that.

Denying that happened is just plain stupid.

Anyone who suggests that's what I'm doing is a lying sack of shit.

Thank you for the clarification Eyeball.

We have a lot of disagreements but on something like that I thank you for clarifying where you stand.. I genuinely was not sure.  As for the other stuff no I changed it because I actually edit what I write some times many times. Wiith due respect yah we all get shit but I am the first to admit I have had some heated exchanges with Michael H but he has a shit job and I respect his integrity. Someone has to moderate. They do their best. I think they may use a double standard with some of us but we have been on the board longer so I suppose they expect more from us which I get.

As for your remarks, they are no worse than mine. I admit that. We dish it out we take it. Let's just say I have opinions I do not want associated with Taxme's positions on this board.

Where I have had my battles is comments pretexted as questioning Israel state policies turned into attacks on Jews for choosing to express their Jewish identity through nationality. Muslims do it daily in Muslim states. Catholics do it through the Vatican, Anglicans through the English state, Buddhists through the Thailand state, Hindus through the Indian state. I have no problem with that. I do not ignore the aboriginal and Christian roots of Canada either.

I've seen too many posts allegedly criticizing Israeli state policies go on to set a double standard that Jews are the only people who are not allowed to have a state and all Jews are evil and all Israelis are evil in diatribes.

I do not talk about Muslims that way. I detest the terrorists who hold them hostage as much as I do any religious extremist or any idiot extremist.

I think in Canada the current government has played ethnic pandering politics about Islamophobia in a way that insults both Muslims and other religious minorities.

I work with Muslims on inter-religious committees. They ask for the same treatment as all minorities, not special treatment. Trudeau is pandering to some bad people. I think all forms of intolerance must be called out at the same time.

That's for another thread.

Thank you for distancing yourself from his agenda. Appreciated.

Edited by Rue

On 4/21/2017 at 3:46 PM, Rue said:

I've seen too many posts allegedly criticizing Israeli state policies go on to set a double standard that Jews are the only people who are not allowed to have a state and all Jews are evil and all Israelis are evil in diatribes.

WHO says Israel shouldn't have a state? I have not seen anyone here who says that.

It's the settlements and the land annexation by Israel which is the problem. 

Israel already HAS a state with defined borders. Internationally defined borders. Borders that Israel is not willing to accept and borders that Israel has continuously tried to expand for the past 60+ years.

This is what people are complaining about.

Don't try to confuse the discussion about condemning the occupation, land theft and human rights violations with people who are against an Israeli state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcus said:

WHO says Israel shouldn't have a state? I have not seen anyone here who says that.

It's the settlements and the land annexation by Israel which is the problem. 

Israel already HAS a state with defined borders. Internationally defined borders. Borders that Israel is not willing to accept and borders that Israel has continuously tried to expand for the past 60+ years.

This is what people are complaining about.

Don't try to confuse the discussion about condemning the occupation, land theft and human rights violations with people who are against an Israeli state.

The world does need one more Islamic Nazi terror state...lol.

Good thing the Arabs never attacked Israel...trying to drive it and the Jews into the sea...as it were. Had they done that, I doubt they're deserving of anything.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 3:13 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

According to this survey, Iran is the least anti-Semitic country surveyed in the ME/NA region (which would not be too hard) and less anti-Semitic than Greece:

http://global100.adl.org/public/ADL-Global-100-Executive-Summary.pdf

I notice 'Jews Control the Media' is listed as an anti-semitic trope.  Also here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard#Accusations_of_controlling_the_media

The term 'Zionist media' is a typical one I have seen used from time to time that evoked the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 4:15 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I notice 'Jews Control the Media' is listed as an anti-semitic trope.  Also here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard#Accusations_of_controlling_the_media

The term 'Zionist media' is a typical one I have seen used from time to time that evoked the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Gee, thanks, Michael. We never would have known all this if you hadn't brought it forward for the express purpose of, "Hey look folks, I'm not anti-Jewish!"

24 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I can't even mention Israel without being called 'anti-semite'.

Untrue. I can criticize Israel. There is much to criticize. But I rarely find a point in doing so because... like, it's another country, a small one, far away and not very important to us. I don't bother that much. Anything you care to criticize Israel about you could see anywhere from a dozen to fifty nations doing worse. Why doesn't anyone criticize them? Why, because they don't care. Who cares what stupid thing the stupid, corrupt, burtal government of Nigeria is doing now? Nobody here.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Why doesn't anyone criticize them? Why, because they don't care. 

Because our governments in the West don't support (politically and economically) those countries but they support Israel. 

This is similar to Apartheid South Africa. An African government that was initially supported by Western governments, despite their blatant abuse of a group of people. The only reason that was stopped was because people spoke out against it and it started with cultural and economic boycotts. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GostHacked said:

No matter how many times I clarify, I never get that acknowledgement from you.

No worries,  Mike H has your back.

Now you come on this page after parsing words to misrepresent them on another thread to smeer all Israelis and you continue to pose as a victim

who is unfairly criticized for being anti Israel.

Your repeat obsession with using this forum to whine and pose yourself as a victim is sad.