Rampant antisemitism remains prevalent

Bonam

3 hours ago, taxme said:

(1)Just because you have no interest in getting the other side of the story doesn't have to mean that others should not.  

(2)I am not trying to convince anyone here to hate Jews. And who says that I am somehow posting falsehoods here? How would you know that?  

(3) Having an open mind is what everyone should have.  

1) There is no other side of the story here.  Just because somebody lies and spreads racist propaganda, it doesn't make that 'another side'.

2) I know because I have seen this kind of thing before.  It's not worth spending tie on.

3) It's ridiculous to put the onus on me to do something ridiculous in order to prove a have an 'open mind'.  Here's a counter-example: "Why didn't you go march in the pride parade last year ?  Don't you have an open mind ?"

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) There is no other side of the story here.  Just because somebody lies and spreads racist propaganda, it doesn't make that 'another side'.

2) I know because I have seen this kind of thing before.  It's not worth spending tie on.

3) It's ridiculous to put the onus on me to do something ridiculous in order to prove a have an 'open mind'.  Here's a counter-example: "Why didn't you go march in the pride parade last year ?  Don't you have an open mind ?"

(1)Oh yes there is another side to the story but you refuse to believe this can be so. There you go again accusing people of being racist and spreading propaganda because you do not like what they have to say. I guess that you have seem to forgotten that people other than yourself may have a different opinion and point of view to yours, and that they have every right to question and counter any event they want too. There are always two sides to every story. The problem is which one is right? That is where questioning and debating comes in with no restrictions. But here in Canada, there will be no questioning or debating of the holocaust. It is a taboo and sacred subject that must not be spoken of. 

(2)Some things are a waste of time, and then there are others that are not a waste of time. It all depends on whether one wants to spend the time examining anything, and would much prefer not to bother to seek out any further information about any historical event that is not of interest to them. The main one heard is fine for them. 

(3)What does having an open mind have to do with whether I should join in a gay parade or not? And why would I want to march in that silly azz ridiculous parade anyway? I am straight and proud of it. Those so-called men are not men at all. I find it disgusting to see grown up girlie men prancing around like little fairies. I find them revolting.

So, did you by chance march in the gay pride parade last year? 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

1)What does having an open mind have to do with whether I should join in a gay parade or not? And why would I want to march in that silly azz ridiculous parade anyway? I am straight and proud of it. Those so-called men are not men at all. I find it disgusting to see grown up girlie men prancing around like little fairies. I find them revolting.

2)So, did you by chance march in the gay pride parade last year? 

1) By your own logic, you are not considering 'both sides'.

2) No, I never have but I have been to the parade though.

I have done my best in my previous post to explain why lies are not "the other side".  If you don't think this point of view is racist, find me a real historian who is pushing this storyline who isn't racist.  Just give me their name.

Until then, I have explained how I live my life.  I can't make you understand it.

9 hours ago, taxme said:

(1)Oh yes there is another side to the story but you refuse to believe this can be so.

Well, yes, there is the wrong side, the one you are on.

9 hours ago, taxme said:

There you go again accusing people of being racist and spreading propaganda

Far be it for me to approve labeling someone a racist, but given you constantly talk about the need to protect the white race and how the white race is endangered and post nonsensical accusations about Jews and cites from racist, white supremacist web sites while speaking approvingly of white supremacists and their hate propaganda - don't you think the label is a fair one for you?

9 hours ago, taxme said:

because you do not like what they have to say. I guess that you have seem to forgotten that people other than yourself may have a different opinion and point of view to yours,

It's not a matter of not liking what they say or of opinion. Their stated facts are flat out wrong. This has been proven repeatedly. In fact, the last place you cited offered money to anyone who could prove there was a holocaust then refused to pay, then was taken to court and ordered to pay because someone did in fact prove it. Your refusal to accept reality does not mean others should consider your factually incorrect views to be simply a different opinion. 

Being open minded does not require believing stupid things we know are wrong. In fact, every intelligent person is presented with contrary facts or beliefs all the time, and selects one or the other based on their own knowledge base and wisdom. If some moron tells me the earth is flat I am not required to go to a web site he posts to read over some long, grandiose pseudoscience nonsense written by a semi-literate cretin before rejecting it out of hand.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Well, yes, there is the wrong side, the one you are on.

Far be it for me to approve labeling someone a racist, but given you constantly talk about the need to protect the white race and how the white race is endangered and post nonsensical accusations about Jews and cites from racist, white supremacist web sites while speaking approvingly of white supremacists and their hate propaganda - don't you think the label is a fair one for you?

It's not a matter of not liking what they say or of opinion. Their stated facts are flat out wrong. This has been proven repeatedly. In fact, the last place you cited offered money to anyone who could prove there was a holocaust then refused to pay, then was taken to court and ordered to pay because someone did in fact prove it. Your refusal to accept reality does not mean others should consider your factually incorrect views to be simply a different opinion. 

Being open minded does not require believing stupid things we know are wrong. In fact, every intelligent person is presented with contrary facts or beliefs all the time, and selects one or the other based on their own knowledge base and wisdom. If some moron tells me the earth is flat I am not required to go to a web site he posts to read over some long, grandiose pseudoscience nonsense written by a semi-literate cretin before rejecting it out of hand.

Well, all I am going to say here is that you continue on with what you believe you have been told as gospel, and I will do the same. We both know about the historical event called the holocaust but neither you nor I are able to prove which side is telling the truth, and which side is lying because you and I were not there when this event happened. But it never hurts to check out both sides of any event too try and figure out as to who may be lying, and who is telling the truth. That is all I am doing here. Questioning. 

Those so-called websites that you like to point out as sites for promoting racism/white supremacist is wrong. These are not your typical websites like the KKK or other real racist promoting websites. Those websites I posted are sites that question and challenge and none promote any kind of racism or white supremacy. You have your websites all mixed up. There is no hate propaganda being promoted at the sites I mentioned because if you had bothered to check them out you will not find any kind of promotion for hate. I dare you to quote to me where any of those websites mentioned are promoting racism. Go ahead, make your day. Prove me a liar. But I am pretty sure that you won't bother, and if that is the case then you should not be trying to make me or the websites I visit appear as though we are all a bunch of KKK supporters. 

So, being open minded and questioning anything that you believe is factual, and myself challenging those so-called facts out, I am being stupid and wrong. Well that kind or reply doesn't sound very intelligent to me. But hey.   

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) By your own logic, you are not considering 'both sides'.

2) No, I never have but I have been to the parade though.

I have done my best in my previous post to explain why lies are not "the other side".  If you don't think this point of view is racist, find me a real historian who is pushing this storyline who isn't racist.  Just give me their name.

Until then, I have explained how I live my life.  I can't make you understand it.

(1)I have heard and read both sides. Have you? 

(2)I wouldn't even waste my time on such foolishness. Having to watch it on TV as if it were some kind of huge important news story is really ridiculous. If this is what our leftist liberal phony media has to show as news, well then, you must be just tickled pink over that, eh? My taxes are going to the CBC so they can go and show me on TV a bunch of silly men looking like clowns in a circus. 

I have tried my best to explain that all sides should be listened too, not just your side only. But you do not appear to get this. You have not proven anything to me where lies are being told from the other side. You were not even there when the holocaust happened but yet you act like you were there when this holocaust historical event happened.

You want a name? Try Jared Taylor from the American Renaissance website. An open mind is required for anyone who goes there.

Until then, I have explained as to where I am coming from, but that does not seem to be of any interest to you. It would appear to me as though you pretty much want to make me out to be a racist and spreading propaganda. And as a result, it is pointless to try and make you understand. So, as they say, we must agree to disagree, and leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

You want a name? Try Jared Taylor from the American Renaissance website. An open mind is required for anyone who goes there 

Once again, I can't make you understand: open minded does not mean you accept everything.  You seem to reject lots of ideas yourself.

And your source: I looked him up, and although he is something of an academic, I couldn't find anything that he wrote about the Holocaust.

Please go back and read my posts again until you understand them.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, all I am going to say here is that you continue on with what you believe you have been told as gospel, and I will do the same. We both know about the historical event called the holocaust but neither you nor I are able to prove which side is telling the truth, and which side is lying because you and I were not there when this event happened\

That's a ridiculous reply. By that reckoning we can't prove confederation ever happened either since we weren't there. We can't prove there was ever an American civil war, or for that matter, that France and Britain ever fought a war under a guy named Napoleon, because we can't prove Napoleon ever existed.

Yet we do know those things happened, and the Holocaust was a lot closer in time and there are still survivors alive from it, and the remnants of death camps, and all the evidence the allies took when they liberated those death camps. But you don't care because you don't want anyone to feel sympathy for the Jews you hate.

So, being open minded and questioning anything that you believe is factual, and myself challenging those so-called facts out, I am being stupid and wrong. Well that kind or reply doesn't sound very intelligent to me. But hey.   

Anyone who questions that the world is round is someone who is fighting to ignore reality. I don't need to respect them as 'open minded' because they haven't made up their mind yet whether the world is flat, or there really are other galaxies out there or its cold in Antarctica. I just need to laugh at them.

Edited by Argus

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again, I can't make you understand: open minded does not mean you accept everything.  You seem to reject lots of ideas yourself.

And your source: I looked him up, and although he is something of an academic, I couldn't find anything that he wrote about the Holocaust.

Please go back and read my posts again until you understand them.

I know full well that being open minded does not mean that you accept everything. I am open minded but I do not accept everything I read or hear. Open minded means that you take the time to review both sides of any story, and from there you can then make up your own mind, and come to your own conclusions. But I cannot seem to make you understand this. You keep trying to play that game that "I gotcha ya". 

There are many historical revisionists besides Taylor. There is Mark Weber, Richard Faurisson, David Irving, Fred Leuchter, Frederick Toben, Bishop William Richardson, Paul Fromm, and Lady Michele Renouf to name but a few. There are numerous more to check out. Have fun. 

No, I am not going to go back. Why would I? It would be a waste of time to do so because there is nothing for me to back and check on. Try going back on mine, and keep trying until you understand them. I thought that I suggested that we both should just agree to disagree because we are definitely not going to ever agree together on anything?  

6 hours ago, Argus said:

That's a ridiculous reply. By that reckoning we can't prove confederation ever happened either since we weren't there. We can't prove there was ever an American civil war, or for that matter, that France and Britain ever fought a war under a guy named Napoleon, because we can't prove Napoleon ever existed.

Yet we do know those things happened, and the Holocaust was a lot closer in time and there are still survivors alive from it, and the remnants of death camps, and all the evidence the allies took when they liberated those death camps. But you don't care because you don't want anyone to feel sympathy for the Jews you hate.

Anyone who questions that the world is round is someone who is fighting to ignore reality. I don't need to respect them as 'open minded' because they haven't made up their mind yet whether the world is flat, or there really are other galaxies out there or its cold in Antarctica. I just need to laugh at them.

You just don't understand anything said, do you. There has been many historical events that have happened in the past, and at the time was reported as true and factual. Then many decades or centuries later thru further research and investigation those facts were revised and replaced with new ones that showed that what was said and written way back when was false. I know that it might be hard for you to try and understand that but give it a try. 

If the promoters of the present day holocaust event believe what happened to be true than what is the problem with some historical revisionists checking it out, and maybe coming up with some different conclusion or evidence? If there is nothing to hide than what is the problem? We can discuss and debate any historical event that has happened in the past, and there would be no flak from wanting to discuss or debate that event like what one can get when questioning the holocaust event. According to you than we are suppose to just believe, and take for granted that what was reported then is factual and true even though there was found to be some discrepancies in the story.Pictures can lie. There are many instances where some pictures were suppose to be showing an event that took place, and were suppose to be factual, and then later it was found out that those pictures were not the real ones taken at that event. Pictures can lie. 

Go checkout Elie Wiesel, and his lies exposed about the holocaust, and come back and tell me that what was said about him and his lies are not true, if you dare. All yours. 

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

You just don't understand anything said, do you. There has been many historical events that have happened in the past, and at the time was reported as true and factual. Then many decades or centuries later thru further research and investigation those facts were revised and replaced with new ones that showed that what was said and written way back when was false. I know that it might be hard for you to try and understand that but give it a try. 

If the promoters of the present day holocaust event believe what happened to be true than what is the problem with some historical revisionists checking it out, and maybe coming up with some different conclusion or evidence? If there is nothing to hide than what is the problem? We can discuss and debate any historical event that has happened in the past, and there would be no flak from wanting to discuss or debate that event like what one can get when questioning the holocaust event. According to you than we are suppose to just believe, and take for granted that what was reported then is factual and true even though there was found to be some discrepancies in the story.Pictures can lie. There are many instances where some pictures were suppose to be showing an event that took place, and were suppose to be factual, and then later it was found out that those pictures were not the real ones taken at that event. Pictures can lie. 

Go checkout Elie Wiesel, and his lies exposed about the holocaust, and come back and tell me that what was said about him and his lies are not true, if you dare. All yours. 

There is no problem with people believing, or claiming to believe, whatever they want.  That is their right.  Some people believe the moon landing never happened.  We've had people on this very site who believed the US government was responsible for 9/11.  There are still some people who believe the Earth is flat.

And now we have someone who believes the Holocaust might not have happened as history states it did.  So what?  It takes all sorts.  Even the chronically delusional.

Edited by bcsapper

9 hours ago, Rue said:

Its strange how this thread was resurrected. Is it some Easter coincidence? In any event, Taxme's holocaust denial

should surprise no one. I do thank Argus.Michael H for responding to him. I would not waste an effort.

Don't blame me, I didn't resurrect it. I think that there are some members here that have a comprehension problem.They can't quite seem to get as to what is being said here. I am not denying that a holocaust did not happen of some kind but am I not allowed to read what others have to say about the holocaust, and their denials with an explanation, and from there come to my own conclusions about what may have really happened? If there were found some discrepancies in what may have occoured wouldn't you want to know about them? I certainly would like to know. I don't want to be told a story, and end up believing it, and later find out that it was not quite factual as told. It was all a lie. 

I am happy to see that you find it easier to just say that it would be a wasted effort on your part to debate the issue with me. It would be a waste of my time to bother to reply to you also. Touche.  

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

There is no problem with people believing, or claiming to believe, whatever they want.  That is their right.  Some people believe the moon landing never happened.  We've had people on this very site who believed the US government was responsible for 9/11.  There are still some people who believe the Earth is flat.

And now we have someone who believes the Holocaust might not have happened as history states it did.  So what?  It takes all sorts.  Even the chronically delusional.

Didn't you just say that you did not have a problem with people believing whatever they want too believe? And then you pretty much said that I may be "chronically delusional" because I may have a different opinion to yours. Are you sure that I am the chronically delusional one here? It does truly take all sorts.

And yes, I do believe that the government was complicit with other people who conspired to bring on 9/11. I suppose that I must be chronically delusional for saying and believing that also, eh?  It takes all sorts, eh? :D

This is the first time I am posting on this topic...

I think it is absurd to deny that holocaust ever happened. If some people want to deny it that is their opinion and they sure are entitled to it. I know this is a very sensitive subject... 

IMO, there should be an open discussion for everyone (including those who deny or have reservations about holocaust) to share their thoughts. People are entitled to their opinions and the merits of their arguments can be judged by everyone else.

In some countries it is not even allowed to open discussion about this subject. I think creating that perception of censorship or that which makes it forbidden to talk about Holocaust is quite a dangerous path we are following. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Didn't you just say that you did not have a problem with people believing whatever they want too believe? And then you pretty much said that I may be "chronically delusional" because I may have a different opinion to yours. Are you sure that I am the chronically delusional one here? It does truly take all sorts.

And yes, I do believe that the government was complicit with other people who conspired to bring on 9/11. I suppose that I must be chronically delusional for saying and believing that also, eh?  It takes all sorts, eh? :D

The two are not mutually exclusive.  I do not have a problem with people believing what they want, and I believe in their right to express themselves, no matter how delusional.  I think I pretty much made that crystal clear.  I really don't see the point in your reply.

17 minutes ago, kactus said:

I think it is absurd to deny that holocaust ever happened. If some people want to deny it that is their opinion and they sure are entitled to it. I know this is a very sensitive subject... 

IMO, there should be an open discussion for everyone (including those who deny or have reservations about holocaust) to share their thoughts. People are entitled to their opinions and the merits of their arguments can be judged by everyone else.

In some countries it is not even allowed to open discussion about this subject. I think creating that perception of censorship or that which makes it forbidden to talk about Holocaust is quite a dangerous path we are following. 

Exactly. And you brought up a very good point about how some countries have made it illegal and a law that no one is allowed to question the holocaust unless they are willing to face jail time. Why is this so? It must show that there has to be something to hide? But try and get this thru some peoples heads is like trying to get up on a ladder with a bucket of paint, and try to paint the sky. One will get nowhere with these people. If there is nothing to hide, than why the big secrecy, and the attacks against anyone who does dare to question any event, especially the holocaust. Thanks for reminding me of that.

So, I ask anyone here. Why do people in some countries end up going to jail for questioning the holocaust? Please explain that one to me.

33 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The two are not mutually exclusive.  I do not have a problem with people believing what they want, and I believe in their right to express themselves, no matter how delusional.  I think I pretty much made that crystal clear.  I really don't see the point in your reply.

Can you explain to me as to why in some countries people can be sent to the gulag for daring to question the holocaust? Why is that? Is there something to hide about the holocaust that the promoters of the holocaust don't want the people to learn about? It is interesting, don't you agree? Over to you.

Edited by taxme

25 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yup, there you go again. Thinking that people must be delusional because you believe that their opinion and point of view has to be crazy when it does not meet with your approval. I think that you are being really crystal clear alright. You don't like what I have to say about the holocaust, and therefore I must be very delusional.

You are right alright? I don't see why you bothered to reply either, especially too someone who you believe to be delusional. Why did you waste your time?  

8 hours ago, taxme said:

Can you explain to me as to why in some countries people can be sent to the gulag for daring to question the holocaust? Why is that? Is there something to hide about the holocaust that the promoters of the holocaust don't want the people to learn about? It is interesting, don't you agree? Over to you.

Because those countries don't have adequate freedom of speech?  It's more depressing than interesting. 

Is that why you doubt the historical record?  Because some people are overly sensitive about it?

7 hours ago, taxme said:

Yup, there you go again. Thinking that people must be delusional because you believe that their opinion and point of view has to be crazy when it does not meet with your approval. I think that you are being really crystal clear alright. You don't like what I have to say about the holocaust, and therefore I must be very delusional.

You are right alright? I don't see why you bothered to reply either, especially too someone who you believe to be delusional. Why did you waste your time?  

It's fun.  That's why I'm on here.  I don't come here to agree with people.

8 hours ago, kactus said:

The only reason it's a sensitive subject is because the only motivation for holocaust denial is antisemitism. There has never been a holocaust denier who was not also a rabid antisemite. 

8 hours ago, taxme said:

Yup, there you go again. Thinking that people must be delusional because you believe that their opinion and point of view has to be crazy when it does not meet with your approval.

People who believe the Eastern Bunny is real ARE delusional, as are people who believe in a flat earth and in other ridiculous, easily disproven ideas.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, bcsapper said:

Because those countries don't have adequate freedom of speech?  It's more depressing than interesting. 

Is that why you doubt the historical record?  Because some people are overly sensitive about it?

On 4/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, bcsapper said:

It's because those countries have a powerful zionist lobby. The zionists have tried to make it illegal to deny the holocaust in Canada also but have not been able too so far. But I am pretty sure that they are still working on it. Those zionists don't like anyone messing around with their version of what happened. 

I am not doubting anything. I am just questioning. Isn't that what it is all about? Being able to question any historical event without being called an anti-semite or being called something anti else should be a right, not a privilege. The German people don't have that right which is not good. No one deserves to be called an anti whatever just because they dare to question an event. Telling me that I am an anti-semite says to me that there must be something to hide.  Hey, you never know. 

I am against university professors who have preached for white genocide. So ya, I am a bit sensitive to hearing morons like that saying things like that.  

Just now, taxme said:

It's because those countries have a powerful zionist lobby. The zionists have tried to make it illegal to deny the holocaust in Canada also but have not been able too so far. But I am pretty sure that they are still working on it. Those zionists don't like anyone messing around with their version of what happened. 

I am not doubting anything. I am just questioning. Isn't that what it is all about? Being able to question any historical event without being called an anti-semite or being called something anti else should be a right, not a privilege. The German people don't have that right which is not good. No one deserves to be called an anti whatever just because they dare to question an event. Telling me that I am an anti-semite says to me that there must be something to hide.  Hey, you never know. 

I am against university professors who have preached for white genocide. So ya, I am a bit sensitive to hearing morons like that saying things like that.  

You have every right to deny whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned.  I do not agree with any attempts to make holocaust denial illegal.  You're motives are your own.  If someone thinks you are anti-semitic, they have the right to say so.