Federal Election Polls

I thought this sort of thing was a no-no during the actual campaign..

They can if they are registered as a third party which they are. I see Avaaz is registered again but with an American address, that's against the rules, they must have a Canadian base.

And yet another poll showing the two top parties in a stat. tie.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/284153512/Mainstreet-Research-poll-Oct-9

The same pollster was reporting an 8 point lead for Tories just last week so I don't mind what they reported today though contrary to all other recent polls but the direction and the pace of it is very pleasant.

Eric Grenier is now saying the Liberals would win 132 seats to the Tories' 123 and the NDP's 80.

In comparison, The Signal is reporting a more marginal Liberal lead of 133 seats to the Tories' 130 with the NDP at 73.

Grenier seems to be suggesting that the Liberals are gaining a noticeable lead, and seems to be suggesting that the NDP's losses are benefiting the Liberals more than the Tories. The Signal clearly sees this as a neck in neck race.

We're going to be entering the final stretch next week, and that should tell us whether this still remains an effective tie, or whether what we're seeing now is the first hints of the Liberals gaining dominance.

Eric Grenier is now saying the Liberals would win 132 seats to the Tories' 123 and the NDP's 80.

In comparison, The Signal is reporting a more marginal Liberal lead of 133 seats to the Tories' 130 with the NDP at 73.

Grenier seems to be suggesting that the Liberals are gaining a noticeable lead, and seems to be suggesting that the NDP's losses are benefiting the Liberals more than the Tories. The Signal clearly sees this as a neck in neck race.

We're going to be entering the final stretch next week, and that should tell us whether this still remains an effective tie, or whether what we're seeing now is the first hints of the Liberals gaining dominance.

Interesting. Considering the last two polls done by Nanos have the NDP starting to creep up (just read this, haven't confirmed myself). Orange wave?

Edited by angrypenguin

Everyone collectively hope for an NDP seat increase of around, say, 20 seats (at the Liberal's expense). That would work just about perfectly....

Agreed. I'd rather avoid a wonder boy victory, even if it's just a short-lived minority government.

Innovative Research just out ..

Liberals now leading conservatives by 5 percentage point. Yay :)

Liberals - 35%

Conservatives - 30%

NDP - 24%

These are the findings of an Innovative Research Group (INNOVATIVE) poll conducted from October 5th to October 8th, 2015. This online survey of 3,417 Canadians was conducted

http://www.innovativeresearch.ca/sites/default/files/pdf%2C%20doc%2C%20docx%2C%20jpg%2C%20png%2C%20xls%2C%20xlsx/151009_IRG29%20Wave%206%20Hill%20Times%20Oct%209%20Release.pdf

Attached link contains over 100 pages of analysis!!.

ps - I have problems copying charts and graphs. How did you do it waldo?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

People are beginning to realize there are only two items on the menu. If you opt for Tom, tasty though he looks, youjust get more Steve.

That might be the most inane assessment I have ever read....

Agreed. I'd rather avoid a wonder boy victory, even if it's just a short-lived minority government.

Expect a bump for the Conservatives in Quebec as a result of media coverage about the review/audit of Syrian refugee files. I base that on the positive reaction of the majority of commenters on Quebec media about the merits of said reviews.

People are beginning to realize there are only two items on the menu. If you opt for Tom, tasty though he looks, you
just get more Steve.

I think the Liberal lead is not all from NDP only as conservative vote is down too from 31 to 34% to now 30%. NDP votes in fact is up from 22 to 23% to 24%. I think that Intelligent and passionate Canadian voters are beginning to realize the political manipulations, and politics of division and conquer of certain cold blooded, heartless uncaring party with a line up recent history of scandals and corruptions.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

ANYONE HERE VOTED AS YET? We did and as we were coming out of voting, I could hear several people talking about NOT voting for the Harper, not the Tory Party but people just don't like Harper. There was a long line up but our poll had a short line in and out in about 5 minutes. I think we will see more voters voting this time around.

I think the Liberal lead is not all from NDP only as conservative vote is down too from 31 to 34% to now 30%. NDP votes in fact is up from 22 to 23% to 24%. I think that Intelligent and passionate Canadian voters are beginning to realize the political manipulations, and politics of division and conquer of certain cold blooded, heartless uncaring party with a line up recent history of scandals and corruptions.

If you're trying to say that conservative voters are moving to the NDP, I'll have to call you out. Can't see it. Maybe the Liberals, but not Mulcair.