Federal Election Polls

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/09/sunny-ways-not-as-bright-for-trudeau-and-liberals-poll

The glow is wearing off of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his “sunny ways,” a new poll shows.

Forum Research president Dr. Lorne Bozinoff said the Liberals have the support of 39% of decided and leaning Canadian voters, down from 51% in November and 42% in January.

“Maybe the honeymoon is finally, finally over,” Bozinoff said. “They are kind of on a downward slope at the moment.”

Still, four in 10 voters think Trudeau is the best choice for Prime Minister and the Liberals would win a majority 174 seats if an election were held today, the poll found.

But cracks in support are showing, particularly in the Atlantic provinces and, to a lesser extent, in Ontario, the poll shows.

“Ontario in my mind is a special case because the Ontario Liberals are hugely unpopular,” Bozinoff said. “And I’m not convinced that there’s not a little bit of negative halo effect, where (the federal Liberals) get tarred with the same brush...so it’s possible they’re getting a little bit of the wind down draft.”

Yeah! Yeah! Forum Research Blahhhhhhh. 308 also has the Liberals at 39%

CA+-+Header.png

And this is against two parties that have been without leaders since the last election. Ominous Signs for JT. I remember when ya'll were crowing when dude was at 51%. Must seem like a long time ago now. 

23 minutes ago, Boges said:

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/09/sunny-ways-not-as-bright-for-trudeau-and-liberals-poll

Yeah! Yeah! Forum Research Blahhhhhhh. 308 also has the Liberals at 39%

CA+-+Header.png

And this is against two parties that have been without leaders since the last election. Ominous Signs for JT. I remember when ya'll were crowing when dude was at 51%. Must seem like a long time ago now. 

Actually that looks more ominous for the conservatives to me. They are trying to run in a country where almost 70% of the voters support left of center. The only way I see them winning an election over the next few decades is if theres another scandal on the level of sponsorship (that's the only reason they won last time).

You probably wont even live to see another Conservative government Boges! :P

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dre said:

Actually that looks more ominous for the conservatives to me. They are trying to run in a country where almost 70% of the voters support left of center. The only way I see them winning an election over the next few decades is if theres another scandal on the level of sponsorship (that's the only reason they won last time).

Yeah because all the Liberal support immediately goes to the NDP. :rolleyes:

It's obvious the Liberal's voter base is fluid with factions that could go one way or the other. 

However, considering many Ontario Liberals are involved in this government, I wouldn't be surprised seeing another massive scandal coming from this lot. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dre said:

Not everyone who supports the Liberals are left of centre. There are those who are more right of centre and centrists who have voted Conservative in the past and could again. 

The Greens have been more left-wing on most issues under Elizabeth May but but there are Greens - like former leader Jim Harris - who are more conservative minded but are passionate about the environment. The Ontario Greens for instance have previously run on fairly fiscally conservative policies. 

2 hours ago, dre said:

You will see one in 3 yrs.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Yeah because all the Liberal support immediately goes to the NDP. :rolleyes:

It's obvious the Liberal's voter base is fluid with factions that could go one way or the other. 

However, considering many Ontario Liberals are involved in this government, I wouldn't be surprised seeing another massive scandal coming from this lot. 

Another? It seems they have had one every week since they were put in. I would like to see a poll on who would you like to see as PM today, Harper or Trudeau.

• 6 months later...

UH OH!!! First Poll comes out with Scheer ahead of JT. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/3765696/analysis-poll-finds-scheers-tories-ahead-of-trudeaus-liberals-but-can-we-believe-it

The takeaway from the new poll from Toronto-based Forum Research seems rather remarkable.

If an election were held today, Forum says, 39 per cent of the country would vote for Andrew Scheer’s Conservative Party and 35 per cent would vote for Justin Trudeau’s Liberals.

Forum’s president Lorne Bozinoff doesn’t stop there, though. He then applies his poll result to a seat distribution model and concludes that, if an election were held right now, the result would be a Conservative minority — can you say Prime Minister Andrew Scheer? — where the Tories would have precisely half the seats in the House of Commons. The Tories would win 169, while the Liberals would win 130 seats, the NDP 26, the Bloc Quebecois 12, and the Green Party would keep its single seat.

Yeah yeah Forum Research BLARGGG!!!! First chink in the armour for the unbeatable JT.