Israeli Navy Raids Gaza Aid Flotilla, 10 Confirmed Dead

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly sure the fatalities weren't caused by paintball guns.

None were...never the less that was what they had in hand when they repelled off the helicopters...and after they were fired upon and beaten by the peaceful protesters they asked for permission to defend themsleves..with sidearms.

Another blockade runner is approaching...wanna bet they IDF does not start off with paintball guns?

Chance of a resolution to the conflict = ZERO. Both sides will oppose it.

Chance of two state solution = ZERO. Israel wont give up control of water in the west bank, and the palestinians wont compromise on East J

Thats pretty much the end of it. The ONLY way a resolution will ever happen there is if UNSC decides to get serious about forcing both sides to comply with the law. Its utterly unthinkable that those morons would make peace with each other.

It's even more unthinkable the morons on the UNSC will be any less useless. Watching these powers that be deal with things is like watching how that oil volcano in the Gulf is being dealt with.

Iran and North Korea are probably laughing their asses off at the prospect this fiasco will offer in terms of throwing the UNSC into a tizzy.

Well y'know there might be people who can bitch on this score, but you ain't one of them. Your every utterance is so predictable you don't even need to post.

Ah yes: the "I'm rubber, you're glue" gambit.

Never made any such claim. I pointed out that they were clearly aiming to bust Israel's blockade, so your whining that the Jew-boys hadn't waited till they had actually crossed the demarcation line - a line you would insist was illegal anyway, as you insist the blockade is illegal anyway - seems pointless. If it makes you feel better, they had every right to defend themselves. But as I said, only really dumb people bring clubs and slingshots to a gun fight, and they - predictably - wound up dead.

Yeah I saw your edited post. Not what you said originally, though.

Bad student...a bad teacher will stop teaching his students.

I can see your thinking process...you think I failed you because of your context, no, it’s your legal explanation.

Btw, thanks for clarifying that you were mad because I didn’t give you some credit for trying the first question. A cookie for each attempt you make from now on...

“Chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, yum, yum, yum.”

Again, I will repeat the second question which you haven’t attempted yet:

““To make this fair for you, I would change the question. What is the importance of internal relations in the global political arena?”

Oh the 1st question was answered correctly...yoou just don't like the answer because it ain't the nonsense answer you wished it would be.

Your second question is much like the answer you wished for the first....irrelevant nonsense.

Now run along and grow up....

None were...never the less that was what they had in hand when they repelled off the helicopters...and after they were fired upon and beaten by the peaceful protesters they asked for permission to defend themsleves..with sidearms.

In other words they were in fact packing heat, much as you are packing hot air. Okay then.

Given that the peace treaty between Israel and Jordan included a water sharing formulae, the blanket statement that Israel will not negotiate a water settlement is without merit.

Israel will not give up control of the mountain aquifier that 1/3rd of their drinking water comes from. Any deal with Jordan has no relevance because these water resources are in the west bank and Israel will not give up control they currently use about 80% of the water from the west bank leaving palestinians about 20%. Israel absolutely WILL NOT give up these resources... no country on earth would voluntarily give up 1/3 of their water supply. Never mind one in that region. And the water in the Kinneret is receding as well making the chance of Israel giving up this water even more laughable.

Just forget it.

Youll be having this same argument until the day you die. Your grand children and their grand children will still be dealing with those morons over there.

If by heavily armed, you mean paint ball guns....

How were the activists to know these were paint-ball guns?

If I attended, say the G8 Summit, with a paint-ball gun and got shot and killed by the cops with real guns would you defend me in light of their over-reaction?

In other words they were in fact packing heat, much as you are packing hot air. Okay then.

Packing...and not using...they needed permission to fire. In one video where an IDF member is being beaten with clubs, another IDF member is shooting at the militants with...paintballs!!!

It is evident that by bringing toys on to the ship, they didn't expect anything more than passive resistence...

It is alos evident form the weapons siezed that the mititants never considered passive resistence...

How were the activists to know these were paint-ball guns?

from the orange splotches?

If I attended, say the G8 Summit, with a paint-ball gun and got shot and killed by the cops with real guns would you defend me in light of their over-reaction?

You want me to defend you when you are dead? I would do one better and nominate you for a Darwin Award.

Packing...and not using...they needed permission to fire. In one video where an IDF member is being beaten with clubs, another IDF member is shooting at the militants with...paintballs!!!

It is evident that by bringing toys on to the ship, they didn't expect anything more than passive resistence...

It is alos evident form the weapons siezed that the mititants never considered passive resistence...

You ever been hit with a paint ball,man?

It smarts a little....

from the orange splotches?

I imagine in the dark these would look a lot like blood.

You want me to defend you when you are dead? I would do one better and nominate you for a Darwin Award.

How about nominating the IDF for one while you're at it?

It's just as evident from the way their ship was stormed that they had good reason to think they might have to defend themselves.

I'm sorry but that is an unacceptable excuse. If a military unit used that excuse then they could systematically go a kill any civilian in any country and refuse a probe and get away with it. What logic you got.

When it comes to Israel there is no such thing as an idependant probe. Like the goldstone inquiry they are oftem stacked with jew haters and propagandists...

I'm sorry but that is an unacceptable excuse. If a military unit used that excuse then they could systematically go a kill any civilian in any country and refuse a probe and get away with it. What logic you got.

I'm sorry...I'm still laughing at your lam assed geneva convention citation calling the stopping of a vessel at sea, illegal, to take you seriously...

I can’t take irresponsible people seriously.

Homework, or homework assignment, refers to tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed mostly outside of class, and derives its name from the fact that most students do the majority of such work at home. Common homework assignments may include a quantity or period of reading to be performed, writing or typing to be completed, problems to be solved, a school project to be built (such as a diorama or display), or other skills to be practiced.

Prove yourself to this forum by doing something worthwhile. I envy your first attempt.

While you are at it, read this too and don’t say you don’t give a shit about laws or will you? Do you accept the charters of rights and freedom of Canadians?

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/385ec082b509e76c41256739003e636d/7694fe2016f347e1c125641f002d49ce

I'm sorry...I'm still laughing at your lam assed geneva convention citation calling the stopping of a vessel at sea, illegal, to take you seriously...

It's just as evident from the way their ship was stormed that they had good reason to think they might have to defend themselves.

Of course they did, history and past actions are on their side - it wasn't exactly the Love boat you know LOL

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137799

Gaza flotilla extremists created a war atmosphere before attacking Israeli Navy commandoes, according to documented video footage translated by Palestinian Media Watch.

Several of the extremists shouted the common Islamic chant, “[Remember] Khaibar, Khaibar, oh Jews! The army of Mohammed will return!” according to video footage on Al Jazeera television and translated by PMW.

Khaibar is the name of the last Jewish village defeated by Mohammed’s army in 628, PMW explained. Many Jews were killed in the battle, which marked the end of Jewish presence in Arabia, and there are Muslims who see that as a precursor to future wars against Jews.

“The chant is often heard as a threat to Jews to expect to be defeated and killed again by Muslims,” PMW added.

Al-Jazeera also interviewed a woman who said that the flotilla participants’ goal was “one of two happy endings: either Martyrdom or reaching Gaza.”

Following is the transcript from Al-Jazeera TV as translated by PMW:

Reporter: “Despite the Israeli threats and several unexpected delays, the arrival of the ships at the meeting point before sailing to the Gaza Strip inflamed the emotions and the enthusiasm of the participants.

While singing songs reminiscent of the Intifada, participants expressed their longing to reach Gaza.

A participant: “Right now we face one of two happy endings: either Martyrdom or reaching Gaza.” [

Hamas’ Al-Aqsa TV chose to glorify flotilla participants who shouted the Islamic battle cry by broadcasting an interview with a university lecturer from Sanaa, Dr. Abd Al-Fatah Shayyeq Naaman, who said, “Yesterday I followed the news agencies and they conveyed Zionist threats to stop the convoy and prevent it from entering Gaza; on the other side, those with faith and will, once again call out upon hearing the reports of the threats: ‘[Remember] Khaibar, Khaibar, oh Jews! The army of Muhammad will return!’”

“Free Gaza’ activists said before boarding the flotilla they would not use any violence, but Al-Jazeera reported that before the confrontation, the flotilla’s leaders announced that they would use “Mukawama,’ the Arabic word for resistance and often used as a euphemism to refer to all violence against Israel, including suicide terror.

While you are at it, read this too and don’t say you don’t give a shit about laws or will you? Do you accept the charters of rights and freedom of Canadians?

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/385ec082b509e76c41256739003e636d/7694fe2016f347e1c125641f002d49ce

I cherish your freedom to look stupid...in that vein....please show the article in your link you mistakenly feel applies

Breaking: Israel rejects calls for independent probe

It’s becoming clear that Israel doesn’t give a damn about International laws or for that matter human life.

This kind of statement, absurd to anyone with even a remote ability to think, is unlikely to lead to a productive discussion.

But just fyi, if Israel didn't give a damn about human life it would have blown those ships up rather than jumped onto them with paintball guns at the ready.

Those who were objecting why the ships didn’t allow the IDF to search them, what now? Why is there an objection for an independent probe.

Because they doubt the probe will be independent. They have cause for such doubts.

Based on what I have seen and read so far,quite frankly I don't have an ounce of sympathy for any of the people on this so called "aid flotilla".This group was clearly aiming for a confrontation from the start,and they got one.

There is a clear reason for the blockade,to stop the arms shipments into Gaza.If the blockade is lifted,massive amounts of weapons will flow into the hands of Hamas.

The more weapons that go into Gaza,the more violence,more dead people.

:lol::rolleyes:

Thats just tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

The whole world is out to get poor little Israel. :rolleyes: Big suprise! Sports fans think the ref is bias :lol:

Most of the world doesn't give a damn about Israel one way or another. But about 60 Muslim countries who are members of the UN care a whole, whole, whole lot about Israel. They care nothing whatever about human rights, in fact, are opposed to any such concept, but they sure do hate Israel. And so, every year, scores of anti-Israel resolutions, often nothing more than copies of last year's version, are passed by the UN general assembly, because all the Muslim states vote for them, most of the third world states - who don't give a damn one way or another - are bribed to vote for them, and most western states, knowing the resolutions are largely meaningless anyway, and wanting to suck up to oil sheiks, abstain.

The UN is not a referee that everyone decries as biased. It IS, without question, biased with regard to Israel. Their bias got so blatantly, ridiculously obvious they had to disband their human rights committee because it spent all it's time on Israel and ignored everyone else in the world. Now they have a new human rights committee, made up of sterling human rights defenders like Libya and Iran, and it does the same.

Why in the name of God (no pun intended) would Israel have cause to trust the neutrality of any body the UN directs to investigate its actions?

All of which is in addition to the widespread hatred of Israel among the Lefties who see Palestine as the cause du jour, and who infest the international media and almost all international human rights monitoring organizations.