Can't compete with immigrants.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...even better.

Spock was also about logic without emotion. Logic is not apart of your existence. You have to frame up this thread in Logic. David's point is he is competing and can't compete with the onslaught of immigrants for employment. Why should he have to? Spock was in fact a human actor, reading a script written by humans. Star Trek was a parody delving into the human condition. Of course, simpletons and wastes of human space would have trouble grappling that fact.

Take all the shots you can while you can: Evil Followers! The noose is tightening around your heavens neck. When death finally does snap your heavens neck, you can be sure life will haul you to the garbage incinerator where you and your kind will no longer pollute the space of "life" any longer. Until that day, I salute you and your kind with the one finger salute. :D

David is right, the Trash who control the decisions as to who gets employed favors immigrants over Canadians. I have seen this first hand and experienced it first hand.

BRAVO!! Excellent post and finally someone understands why immigration is really happening.

It's like.. how can you be an active member in Canada and NOT see these things happening. They are just a DAILY occurance here. It's part of living here. Most people on the forums are simply in another planet.

It is senseless for me to be competing with hundreds of immigrants for a job. All that does is cause my resume to get lost in the mix. I have not got 1 call back.

Why the hell do we feel a need to let these aliens in from other countries and give them jobs that belong to Canadians? People abroad feel Canada is some sort of right of passage. And the thing is, these pople DO GET HIRED.

Yes most are indolents, but there are many that are in the job market and simply take jobs. They are NOT required to be here and I was certainly NEVER asked if they should be here.

This is why I feel it's important to work for yourself that way you needn't worry about not having a job plus you can control who you hire and give jobs too. It isn't hard to start up your own business in whatever field you're in. You should look into it.

Spock was also about logic without emotion. Logic is not apart of your existence. You have to frame up this thread in Logic. David's point is he is competing and can't compete with the onslaught of immigrants for employment. Why should he have to?....

You just failed the logic test....either he competes or he doesn't compete....can't means won't.

I still cannot find work.

I will say that I simply cannot compete with immigrants. I've lost countless jobs to them and the market place is *FLOODED* with them. My resume gets burried in hundreds.

There is only so many jobs to go around - the don't come out of thin air. If we are seing a decline in jobs, why are we letting so many people in to Canada?

(I know the real answer to this as I've researched this enough I can write a book, but I occasionally like to come on to get a laugh out of the sheep that are going to regurgitate the standard phrases the media and politicians want them to say.. oh yeah guys.. don't forget about the "Dr's diving taxi's".. the media made shure you learned that one real well).

"Immigrants are stealing my jobs!" = the mating call of the lazy idiot.

It is senseless for me to be competing with hundreds of immigrants for a job. All that does is cause my resume to get lost in the mix. I have not got 1 call back.

ignoring some of the 'tude' you've brought forward, there are practical/logistical aspects at play here. Getting 'lost' in the applicant maze reflects, typically, upon the first screening process within an HR department... it's very rare to have an actual hiring manager (or a project team) screen first. That first HR department screening process is most brutal, not by intention, simply by design given the skill levels within HR departments - truly, if you feel you have the qualifications there must be something about your resume format/style/content that isn't "bringing you forward". Realistically, if you suggest there's been a hundred applicants, it might be expected that HR would pick, at most, 8-10 for a hiring manager/project team to scrutinize further... they might then bring that down to 3-5 for actual interviews. Of course, if they don't find anyone suitable, they'll cycle on back through HR and dip back into the applicant pool.

certainly the IT industry has a cultural diversity - it's the nature of some of the kinds of jobs that their related studies attract persons... both interested... and skilled in the 'sciences' - and many of these persons with a cultural diversity are not first generation Canadians - their families have been here 3 and 4 generations. It is certainly the exception to find actual immigrants, particularly those lacking English proficiency, selected to the interview stage. However, I can certainly accept they may be applying in disproportionate numbers... which brings me back to the point about resume format/style/content - all things being equal on the qualifications front.

ignoring some of the 'tude' you've brought forward, there are practical/logistical aspects at play here. Getting 'lost' in the applicant maze reflects, typically, upon the first screening process within an HR department... it's very rare to have an actual hiring manager (or a project team) screen first. That first HR department screening process is most brutal, not by intention, simply by design given the skill levels within HR departments - truly, if you feel you have the qualifications there must be something about your resume format/style/content that isn't "bringing you forward". Realistically, if you suggest there's been a hundred applicants, it might be expected that HR would pick, at most, 8-10 for a hiring manager/project team to scrutinize further... they might then bring that down to 3-5 for actual interviews. Of course, if they don't find anyone suitable, they'll cycle on back through HR and dip back into the applicant pool.

certainly the IT industry has a cultural diversity - it's the nature of some of the kinds of jobs that their related studies attract persons... both interested... and skilled in the 'sciences' - and many of these persons with a cultural diversity are not first generation Canadians - their families have been here 3 and 4 generations. It is certainly the exception to find actual immigrants, particularly those lacking English proficiency, selected to the interview stage. However, I can certainly accept they may be applying in disproportionate numbers... which brings me back to the point about resume format/style/content - all things being equal on the qualifications front.

Don't try to defend HR scum. HR and Hiring manager scum choose immigrants over Canadians. They do this because immigrants accept degrading work envirnoments and won't be looking for benefits and more money. Immigrants are a tool used by HR and Hiring manager scum to save money in the name of profits. Companies prefer and do higher immigrants over Canadians. I have seen it and experienced it first hand. I applaud David for calling a spade a spade. The problem is not with Davids resume its with the companies and the HR. Resumes chronicle work experience. Useless work leads to more Useless work there is no way to mask this experience but state it how it is. Odd, how hypocritical corporations will overlook immigrant inexperience yet demand expertise out of Canadian applicants.

Don't try to defend HR scum. HR and Hiring manager scum choose immigrants over Canadians. They do this because immigrants accept degrading work envirnoments and won't be looking for benefits and more money. Immigrants are a tool used by HR and Hiring manager scum to save money in the name of profits.

If you can't compete on price (cost of labor), then you will often lose. Many immigrants have already survived fierce competiton for education back home, visa process, and emigration, and are in fighting trim to steal your lunch.

I still cannot find work.

I will say that I simply cannot compete with immigrants. I've lost countless jobs to them and the market place is *FLOODED* with them. My resume gets burried in hundreds.

There is only so many jobs to go around - the don't come out of thin air. If we are seing a decline in jobs, why are we letting so many people in to Canada?

(I know the real answer to this as I've researched this enough I can write a book, but I occasionally like to come on to get a laugh out of the sheep that are going to regurgitate the standard phrases the media and politicians want them to say.. oh yeah guys.. don't forget about the "Dr's diving taxi's".. the media made shure you learned that one real well).

Maybe in your particular field of work it may be difficult to compete with immigrants, however immingration was also blamed by many for the unemployment rates seen during the Canadian recession of the early 1990's but economists said this was not the case. Economists concluded that immigrants are actually good for the economy because they spend money and infuse more cash into the economy, which creates more jobs.

BRAVO!! Excellent post and finally someone understands why immigration is really happening.

It's like.. how can you be an active member in Canada and NOT see these things happening. They are just a DAILY occurance here. It's part of living here. Most people on the forums are simply in another planet.

Why the hell do we feel a need to let these aliens in from other countries and give them jobs that belong to Canadians? People abroad feel Canada is some sort of right of passage. And the thing is, these pople DO GET HIRED.

Yes most are indolents, but there are many that are in the job market and simply take jobs. They are NOT required to be here and I was certainly NEVER asked if they should be here.

You are asked what almost all Canadians are asked: who do you vote for ?

Your anti-immigrant sentiments strike me as blaming others for your own deficiencies. And why are you submitting your jobs to websites ? That's an ineffective way to apply for jobs - 80% of jobs are gained through one's network, it is said.

Don't try to defend HR scum. HR and Hiring manager scum choose immigrants over Canadians. They do this because immigrants accept degrading work envirnoments and won't be looking for benefits and more money. Immigrants are a tool used by HR and Hiring manager scum to save money in the name of profits. Companies prefer and do higher immigrants over Canadians. I have seen it and experienced it first hand. I applaud David for calling a spade a spade. The problem is not with Davids resume its with the companies and the HR. Resumes chronicle work experience. Useless work leads to more Useless work there is no way to mask this experience but state it how it is. Odd, how hypocritical corporations will overlook immigrant inexperience yet demand expertise out of Canadian applicants.

This is called a labour market. In other words, the job goes to the lowest bidder. You can complain about it, but how often do you go into a store and voluntarily pay more than you have to ? Furthermore, HR and hiring managers are not "scum" if they're just hiring within the budgets they have been given.

Geez. On the one hand, all these complaints about "lazy immigrants" NOT working; and then almost in the same breath...they're stealing "our" jobs.

:) Too good.

great point I missed that...

I recall a comedian on tv decades ago an immigrant no less he said.."I've only been here two weeks and already some dumb immigrant has taken my job!"

they're anything but lazy from my experience, two that I know of one an electrician and the other a carpenter worked 6 and 7 day weeks 10-12 hr days in new home construction and the oil patch shitholes, both have a net worth of between $1-2 million in real estate assets, not bad for about 15 yrs work...the electrician is retired and still works and two part time jobs...

Edited by wyly

that's pretty much how it works with my wife's job...in the end the final decision on the remaining applicants is left to the department doing the hiring...her last hire hire in her department was an immigrant, a Canadian was first choice but she turned the job down because she wanted more money than what was allowed for in the budget, the immigrant has proven than capable of doing the duties given her...

Maybe in your particular field of work it may be difficult to compete with immigrants, however immingration was also blamed by many for the unemployment rates seen during the Canadian recession of the early 1990's but economists said this was not the case. Economists concluded that immigrants are actually good for the economy because they spend money and infuse more cash into the economy, which creates more jobs.

And these immigrants are competing for those same jobs. Why should immigrants get the gravy? Immigrants drive down working conditions, wages, and they haven't paid their dues to deserve anything. The US has it right. If a position can't be filled they allow the company to search outside the United States. The employer fills out the visa paper work and bobs your uncle. Once the position become redundant this person on a work permit has to fak off to where they came from. However, after 20 years of working in the US, they do become eligible to apply for American Residents/Citizenship. Immigrants are not entitled and anyone who espouses putting immigrants before Canadians is a worthless human being in my book.

This is called a labour market. In other words, the job goes to the lowest bidder. You can complain about it, but how often do you go into a store and voluntarily pay more than you have to ? Furthermore, HR and hiring managers are not "scum" if they're just hiring within the budgets they have been given.

They are unpatriotic scum. They choose to put foreign workers ahead of nuturing and building skills of Canadians. Inflicting unemployment on Canadians and then turning around critizing the Canadians resume is abuse. As Spock has said (human scripwriters, for the reality challenged), evil cannot persist without followers. Evil is certainly flourishing in the Ranks of Corporate America. I have evaluated Religion, History, and Contempory culture (Television) to know with absolute Certainty that the evil have no basis, and their time of polluting the space of life is numbered. The Afflicted Canadian has to stand firm against these corporate scum and persist forward. Let the vain scum enjoy their vanity and fleeting heaven, they will get what they deserve: ABSOLUTE OBLITERATION.