Healthcare Reform, Town halls and mobs.

Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird

Let's just say that Congressman Baird gets served, by a former Marine.

"I also heard you say that you're going to let us keep our health insurance. Well thank you. But it's not your right to decide whether I keep my current plan or not. It's my decision."

Here we go with the Nazi's again!! I guess that has more clout comming from a marine.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whaaa! Notwithstanding the under-insured, the NYT article hits all the bush_cheney2004 uninsured talking points!

Critics play down the seriousness of the problem by pointing out that the ranks of the uninsured include many people who have chosen to forgo coverage or are only temporarily uninsured: workers who could afford to pay but decline their employers’ coverage; the self-employed who choose not to pay for more expensive individual coverage; healthy young people who prefer not to buy insurance they may never need; people who are changing jobs; poor people who are eligible for Medicaid but have failed to enroll. And then there are the illegal immigrants, a favorite target of critics.

If nothing is done to slow current trends, the number of people in this country without insurance or with inadequate coverage will continue to spiral upward. That would be a personal tragedy for many and a moral disgrace for the nation. It is also by no means cost-free. Any nation as rich as ours ought to guarantee health coverage for all of its residents.

right! America... that shining beacon for the rest of the world... that tells it's own uninsured and under-insured to tough it out - to... eat cake - to... pound sand!

Another qroupie to add to the list.

right! America... that shining beacon for the rest of the world... that tells it's own uninsured and under-insured to tough it out - to... eat cake - to... pound sand!

Whereas Canada tells its citizens to shut-up and wait......so they go to the "shining beacon" instead.

I have been taking note of some of these Town Hall meetings about health care reform in the USA. Groups of people are gathering at these town halls and shouting down the speakers at these meetings. I don't understand the shouting down stuff. It will not accomplish anything but annoyances and piss off the others who are genuinely concerned about the reform and that want to civily participate in the town hall meetings.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heathe...ling-strings-pr

Personally I really like Maddow and the way she delivers her reports. She talks about this site http://www.americanmajority.org/news-and-views/news ..... If you wanna be grass roots, it's about 15 bucks to sign up.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/gle...hey-say-how-hig

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/teaba...ealth-care-town

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann/fo...a_b_252974.html

And it is just that, something that we watch on TV and most will never do a thing about it. We have become complacent, and we are easily hypnotized by the repeated crap mantras both sides are spewing out.

SO this begs the quesiton. Is this type of 'corporation sponsored grass roots' something you would support? Town halls are suposed to be civil and respectful. This is anything but, and in the end as stated in a one of these clips, the battle between the two groups will leave health care reform in the dirt, and the general public will not benefit from this.

Thoughts??

rachel maddow is a vulgarian and a travesty to "infotainement"

rachel maddow is a vulgarian and a travesty to "infotainement"

Got a infotainmentflash for you. Most MSM is like this now. And it is a sad state of affairs. But that is really not the point of the OP. It is this constant idiotic uniformed mass that pipes in with the latest 'talking point'. Both sides are shouting out really retarded things and real debate on how to fix the bill is left in the dust.

The only way for the health care bill to be passed with essentially both parties and the rest of the people to agree with at least the majorty of the bill. Not everyone is going to get exactly what they want out of the bill, but if we can sit down and talk about ot rationally and logically, and leave the bullshit at the door, you are going to find progress. These mobs on both sides do nothing but stiffle any kind of progress.

given your prolific posts on the subject of health care, and that the NYT editorial clearly lined up all your previously stated (and flawed) talking points..... you should revel in the attention you draw. However, please note: given your MLW self-avowed "ugly American" celebrity status, your "groupie" labeling should not be misconstrued... clearly... I seek neither emotional intimacy - or sexual favours.

it might be a challenge for you, but it took me less than a minute to post that.

Then you should be reported. I believe a canadian model went to a lot of effort to find the identity of someone who was slagging her...I hope Greg has the foresight to prevent that kind of adolescent behavior here.

Then you should be reported. I believe a canadian model went to a lot of effort to find the identity of someone who was slagging her...I hope Greg has the foresight to prevent that kind of adolescent behavior here.

go and report me.

your hallway monitor personality prevents you from seeing that this was an example to show how easy it is to post an ad on craigslist and anything can be posted on there.

have you got around to reporting me to the copyright folks because i forgot to put quotes around a paragraph?

are you ever a sad case.

go and report me.

your hallway monitor personality prevents you from seeing that this was an example to show how easy it is to post an ad on craigslist and anything can be posted on there.

have you got around to reporting me to the copyright folks because i forgot to put quotes around a paragraph?

are you ever a sad case.

You sure you want to go down this route my 'friend' ????

I will ask you kindly to remove it pronto. I will give you by the end of the day.

Dub, much thanks. And I advise you to think about this moment before you go do that kind of thing again. There are better ways to get your point across. You failed miserably on this one.

Dub, much thanks. And I advise you to think about this moment before you go do that kind of thing again. There are better ways to get your point across. You failed miserably on this one.

even though your "threat" and "the talking to" was cute, i didn't remove it.

it was flagged (probably by the hallway monitor, dancer) and removed.

regardless, stop being so sensitive. the only similarities was the nickname "Gosthacked", which is not your real name.

my point was well-received, i'm sure; an ad on craigslist is easy to post and using it to draw a conclusion like Riverwind and Gosthacked have is foolish.

regardless, stop being so sensitive. the only similarities was the nickname "Gosthacked", which is not your real name.

my point was well-received, i'm sure; an ad on craigslist is easy to post and using it to draw a conclusion like Riverwind and Gosthacked have is foolish.

I don't make threats. But since you are being an absolute idiot about it. I am gonna have to report this now.

Like the Palestinian terrorists, Dub is his own worst enemy.

No I didn't flag it, craigslist has their own methods for weeding out idiots.

No, your craiglist add did no such thing. The ads that were discussed earlier in this thread had specific information of the business, names, phone numbers, etc.