Healthcare Reform, Town halls and mobs.

I have been taking note of some of these Town Hall meetings about health care reform in the USA. Groups of people are gathering at these town halls and shouting down the speakers at these meetings. I don't understand the shouting down stuff. It will not accomplish anything but annoyances and piss off the others who are genuinely concerned about the reform and that want to civily participate in the town hall meetings.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heathe...ling-strings-pr

RecessRally.com is not some organic outgrowth of American anger. This is how corporate America creates the illusion of a grass roots movement to support their own interests. This is what they do. They are professionals. This is an industry.

Personally I really like Maddow and the way she delivers her reports. She talks about this site http://www.americanmajority.org/news-and-views/news ..... If you wanna be grass roots, it's about 15 bucks to sign up.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/gle...hey-say-how-hig

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/teaba...ealth-care-town

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann/fo...a_b_252974.html

Buzz up!It's truly a sad state of affairs when civil, civic discussions of most significant social legislation in years, town halls about national health care, are reduced to a series of staged media events for 24-hour cable news channels.

And it is just that, something that we watch on TV and most will never do a thing about it. We have become complacent, and we are easily hypnotized by the repeated crap mantras both sides are spewing out.

SO this begs the quesiton. Is this type of 'corporation sponsored grass roots' something you would support? Town halls are suposed to be civil and respectful. This is anything but, and in the end as stated in a one of these clips, the battle between the two groups will leave health care reform in the dirt, and the general public will not benefit from this.

Thoughts??

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been taking note of some of these Town Hall meetings about health care reform in the USA. Groups of people are gathering at these town halls and shouting down the speakers at these meetings. I don't understand the shouting down stuff. It will not accomplish anything but annoyances and piss off the others who are genuinely concerned about the reform and that want to civily participate in the town hall meetings.

It is part of the Republican plan to disrupt any meeting on the issue. It is only a matter of time before violence happens.

But I am willing to listen.

Then perhaps you've heard that a desperate MSNBC has turned this into a "race war"? Those who oppose Obama's health care "reform" are hating on a "black president"....ridiculous but all is fair in love, war, and politics.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Then perhaps you've heard that a desperate MSNBC has turned this into a "race war"? Those who oppose Obama's health care "reform" are hating on a "black president"....ridiculous but all is fair in love, war, and politics.

If they call him Nigger, and paint him as a monkey it kinda is a race war.

It is part of the Republican plan to disrupt any meeting on the issue. It is only a matter of time before violence happens.

What a typical, moronic, left-wing post jdobbin. People are becoming upset about the health care issue and fools like you blame the Republican Party for organizing the resistance at these town hall meetings. Soon it'll be a crime to criticize Obama on anything.

Notice at these meetings that one person speaks and everyone else cheers. Ypu're telling me all these people are planted in these town hall meetings by lunatic Republicans?

What a typical, moronic, left-wing post jdobbin. People are becoming upset about the health care issue and fools like you blame the Republican Party for organizing the resistance at these town hall meetings. Soon it'll be a crime to criticize Obama on anything.

Criticize away but there are organizers who are advising protestors about how to disrupt meetings and based on the pushing and shoving, it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

It is all part of the hyperpartisan, angry right wing attempts to stir up mob protests. Rush Limbaugh has been one of the leading lights in this regard. The Nazi remarks were particularly inflammatory.

Notice at these meetings that one person speaks and everyone else cheers. You're telling me all these people are planted in these town hall meetings by lunatic Republicans?

Yes, actually.

Edited by jdobbin

Criticize away but there are organizers who are advising protestors about how to disrupt meetings and based on the pushing and shoving, it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

It is all part of the hyperpartisan, angry right wing attempts to stir up mob protests. Rush Limbaugh has been one of the leading lights in this regard. The Nazi remarks were particularly inflammatory.

Yes, actually.

You're a bigger fool than I thought if you believe that. The innocent"left" never does anything wrong. Americans are upset because they see their freedoms being taken away. Can't you guys come up with something original instead of blaming Rush Limbaugh for the public's discontent for the far-left?

Look at how well the cash-4-clunkers program is going. The government thinks they are heroes for getting these gas guzzlers off the streets, paying for the program with tax payers money.

And also the polls don't lie. Most Americans like their health care the way it is, and the results of those polls are being represented at these town hall meetings. Those are facts jdobbin. I know it hurts you to know that because lefties like you don't like to deal with facts.

Edited by lukin

You're a bigger fool than I thought if you believe that. The innocent"left" never does anything wrong. Americans are upset because they see their freedoms being taken away. Can't you guys come up with something original instead of blaming Rush Limbaugh for the public's discontent for the far-left?

Look at how well the cash-4-clunkers program is going. The government thinks they are heroes for getting these gas guzzlers off the streets, paying for the program with tax payers money.

How is the cash for clunkers program going? Ford posted its first profit for the first time in 3 quarters and last time I check unemployment went down. You are spinning for a depression.

Thoughts? Yes...here's a thought.....Ms. Maddow is also a "corporate" supported mouthpiece, far greater than any screaming or shouting sign holder at a town meeting.

At least she can put intelligent sentences together. I mean, when you got idiots like Beck and Oreily .. .. .. I mean, I lose a few IQ points everytime I see Oreily or Beck. I can't even watch Beck anymore without being slightly embarrased he is considered a human being like me.

Lukin

The only fools are the ones who cannot see that both parties are invading your behind. Divide and conquere. Then divided again , and again ,and again. It has been a complete 180 flop from the Bush Administration. Reps were in power, Dems said they were tyrannic and taking the US down the wrong path. And now that Obama is in power, the Reps are the one playing this game.

It does not stop. If a Rep is in power after Obama, then you will see the tables turned again. It's all a charade devised for mass consumption through mass media.

Limbaugh is out front of all of this with his radio show spewing the garbage he does out over the airwaves. He hurts my brain too.

Well, lots of other people benefited from the many bail outs, why can't the average person take advantage of the situation. Dude, everything the government does has used tax payer money to support itself (well most of it aside from corporate lobyists, ect ect)

Edited by GostHacked

So what? This isn't Canada.

So is one particular CBC editorialist....again...so what? Do you believe in free speech or not?

Oh no...not that....VIOLENCE! Oh My.......in America! :lol:

gives me a sense of nostalgia thinking back to the stolen 2000 election and the Rethuglicans disrupting the Florida vote count

understand the unions are organizing to deal with town hall disruptions... let's see how determined these Rethuglican fake grassroot ("astroturf") disruptors are when they come face-to-face with a group of teamsters... violence... oh my... in America!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...4-52674832.html

Mr. President, Americans are not an 'angry mob'

Examiner Editorial

August 9, 2009 They aren't carrying swastikas, either, contrary to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's rant about the legions of worried citizens who have been standing up in multiple town halls and congressional forums to demand straight answers from their congressmen about what they are doing under the guise of "health-care reform." Pelosi's attempt to smear honest citizens as Nazis is only the most reprehensible manifestation of a White House-directed propaganda campaign to discredit anyone who disagrees with President Obama's health-care proposal.

Guest TrueMetis
And also the polls don't lie. Most Americans like their health care the way it is, and the results of those polls are being represented at these town hall meetings. Those are facts jdobbin. I know it hurts you to know that because lefties like you don't like to deal with facts.

Polls lie all the time I would like to see were you got your polls. I've seen polls saying most Americans want healthcare Reform.

And also the polls don't lie. Most Americans like their health care the way it is, and the results of those polls are being represented at these town hall meetings.

I don't think so.

"Sixty-six percent of Americans in a recent CBS News/New York Times survey favored a "government administered" public health insurance option. This is despite private insurance industry anguish over a public option. And 55 percent believe the federal government should guarantee health insurance for all Americans." link

Ghosthacked: Keith Olberman is as big an idiot as you claim Beck or O'Reilly to be. Come on, call a spade a spade, dude.

I guess Olbermann uses big words with more than two syllables, and that seems to confuse people. I still really like Olberman, and I definatley like Maddow. There is logic in their reports at least. I have no clue what Beck and Oreily are really trying to say most of the time. Yes, they are all spades, but I happen to like a couple of them. Just not the spades you like.

So does this really benefit people at all when we are always blue or red? Can't we meet in the middle somewhere?